Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Read bullet #2
    ok, read it but my question still is not answered. The bullet says to download the directors version, but not from where. I searched both preware & app catalogue. Is it on a website? Thanks for the quick reply.
    Click on 'Help'
    Click on 'View More Apps'
    Click on 'download' and install via Preware.
    $1 is way to much? Good thing there aren't many people like you out there who are have no value for the amount of effort it takes to create an App...
    your sarcastic detector doesnt work too well huh?
    Click on 'Help'
    Click on 'View More Apps'
    Click on 'download' and install via Preware.
    thanks! Just found the same info in the official Glimpse thread. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by hypertech View Post
    your sarcastic detector doesnt work too well huh?
    Shoot. I just re-read it. I guess after replying hundreds of emails, and replying numerous tweets and forum posts, and lack of sleep, you gradually start loosing it
    Good one
    Has anyone heard back from HP about being overcharged? I'm not expecting to hear anything from them. The tech support guys seemed to have no clue. HP really needs to make the terms clear with the developers. It's listed on their website the developer is responsible for refunds.
    in the next update, do you think its possible to allow the user to switch the big screen to the left side and have the small widget on the right side?

thanks.

question: how to add pandora to glimpse dev cuts?
    is the dev cut just a beta preview of features to be added to the app catalog app, or are those features things that can't be done in an official app?

edit:nevermind, it's the latter, as is well explained on the More Apps page in Glimpse.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 09/15/2011 at 03:10 PM.
    The messaging app is a no-go for Dev's cut I'm assuming?
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    Scroll down. It's at the bottom.
    For some crazy reason it isn't on mine? I even installed it again and did a Luna and a device restart. On the bottom of my page is just YouTube at the end of the standard widgets box. I've even tried turning to portrait instead of landscape and there isn't anything else down there.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    @snoopgoat:

sorry dude, as they say: no good deed goes unpunished.

in addition to the hp pricing fiasco, now you've got a bunch of people who didn't want and don't understand your app buying it to get a deal. then when they discover they don't understand it and didn't really want it, they give you a bad review. ungrateful sob's!
    Thank you for saying this - And you aren't the only one who feels this way. Hopefully the developer will realize there are a lot of people who *do* value his generous offer...and the app.

Glimpse strikes me as one of those things that the more you play with it, the more possibilities you see, and the more you wonder how you got along with out it. It's already been worth the $1 to me, but I am looking forward to playing with it this weekend and seeing what else I can make it do for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    deal expired I think? Comes up as $5 for me
    I haven't played with it a lot...but I have to say even if I don't get my refund from HP - this is worth the $5 to me.
    Shoot. I just re-read it. I guess after replying hundreds of emails, and replying numerous tweets and forum posts, and lack of sleep, you gradually start loosing it
    Good one
    Who is responsible for this 80% discount? HP Apps Catalog or the developer?

I just realized I buy a lot of apps without even thinking about it if the app is only $0.99
    and looks interesting/useful to me.

Compare this to apps that cost $5, $6, or more. I take the time to read the reviews, check
    forums for opinios, and think real hard. (usually end up not buying, especially if the app
    doesn't have a 95% or better rating)

Of course, that' just me.... I wonder if the developers sell more copies of the apps if they
    set the price at $0.99?
    Philly-Sports likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    Who is responsible for this 80% discount? HP Apps Catalog or the developer?

I just realized I buy a lot of apps without even thinking about it if the app is only $0.99
    and looks interesting/useful to me.

Compare this to apps that cost $5, $6, or more. I take the time to read the reviews, check
    forums for opinios, and think real hard. (usually end up not buying, especially if the app
    doesn't have a 95% or better rating)

Of course, that' just me.... I wonder if the developers sell more copies of the apps if they
    set the price at $0.99?
    I am responsible for the discount. I guess this whole thing was an experiment to see how pricing affects app sales. As a developer, pricing is a tricky thing. Actually, I wrote a blog post about App pricing a couple weeks ago here: Expensive Apps - IngloriousApps's Blog.
    To answer your question: From this 24hr sale, I did sell a lot of copies (not as much as I thought, cos there are people who still think $1 is too expensive ), but I only made 1/5th of the money what I would have made. So, in a way I have no clue what the best strategy is .
    But one thing I've come to accept is, I'd rather sell 100 copies to people who enjoy (and appreciate) my product, than to sell 1,000 copies to people who regret (or complain, or not satisfied)
    I am responsible for the discount. I guess this whole thing was an experiment to see how pricing affects app sales. As a developer, pricing is a tricky thing. Actually, I wrote a blog post about App pricing a couple weeks ago here: Expensive Apps - IngloriousApps's Blog.
    To answer your question: From this 24hr sale, I did sell a lot of copies (not as much as I thought, cos there are people who still think $1 is too expensive ), but I only made 1/5th of the money what I would have made. So, in a way I have no clue what the best strategy is .
    But one thing I've come to accept is, I'd rather sell 100 copies to people who enjoy (and appreciate) my product, than to sell 1,000 copies to people who regret (or complain, or not satisfied)
    One thing to keep in mind is word of mouth. I got Glimpse for 99 cents and perhaps you
    didn't make as much as much as you could today. However, I have a dozen friends and
    co-workers who also got Touchpads recently. They don't frequent these forums. You can
    count me to tell them how much I've enjoyed using Glimpse.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeale View Post
    Has anyone heard back from HP about being overcharged? I'm not expecting to hear anything from them. The tech support guys seemed to have no clue. HP really needs to make the terms clear with the developers. It's listed on their website the developer is responsible for refunds.
    I haven't heard anything yet either.
    But then you would not have reached people like me who rarely spend $5 on a maybe app...but like Glimpse so much I'm going to take a long look at all your other apps and see what I may have been missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is word of mouth. I got Glimpse for 99 cents and perhaps you
    didn't make as much as much as you could today. However, I have a dozen friends and
    co-workers who also got Touchpads recently. They don't frequent these forums. You can
    count me to tell them how much I've enjoyed using Glimpse.
    Very true
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post
    But then you would not have reached people like me who rarely spend $5 on a maybe app...but like Glimpse so much I'm going to take a long look at all your other apps and see what I may have been missing.
    you're missing a lot :-)
    in the next update, do you think its possible to allow the user to switch the big screen to the left side and have the small widget on the right side?

thanks.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast