Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Awesome app, i wasn't a believer, but i am now. Thanks for the deal!

Question: how do i close an app when i switch widgets? Example: had web open, played a flash video, now changed widget to weather but the videos audio is still going? Likewise with Pandora or whatever else may be running concurrently.

THANKS!
    it is somewhat functional, but anyone who has ever seen or used Pulse on an iPad will realize how primitive this app is. Manually trying to copy and even find RSS feeds, the lack of images...and then there are some issues. Some feeds have the titles appear, but when you select an article, the screen goes blank. When you reload, the article titles appear again, but none will open. An example is Current.com. The NYT is the same way. Is there a fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    99 cents is too much for an app that doesn't work as advertised.

I had YouTube playing a random video in one window, browser in one window,
    and weather in the third window.

As soon as YouTube starts, the video started to lag and the browser became
    nearly impossible to use.
    i agree they sould sell it just for 21 cent. 1$ is WAY too much.
    Last edited by hypertech; 09/15/2011 at 02:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    99 cents is too much for an app that doesn't work as advertised.

I had YouTube playing a random video in one window, browser in one window,
    and weather in the third window.

As soon as YouTube starts, the video started to lag and the browser became
    nearly impossible to use.
    There are some glitches with YouTube and the browser running at the same time - and that is because both use the browser and apparently you cannot do that. The same problem is evident when you have the browser open and then try to view a feed in a 'popup' . Try closing the popup and it will blank out the browser !

If you can get over these scenarios - then it can be pretty useful app.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I liked the app even though I have the hassle of getting charged $5 instead of .99...... Then I saw the post on how to download the developers cut from preware. Now I realllly like it This is a cool app to have.
    I'm almost too disappointed to not have dual web browsers...
    @snoopgoat:

sorry dude, as they say: no good deed goes unpunished.

in addition to the hp pricing fiasco, now you've got a bunch of people who didn't want and don't understand your app buying it to get a deal. then when they discover they don't understand it and didn't really want it, they give you a bad review. ungrateful sob's!

Myself, I bought it for a dollar, knowing I didn't really want it and so far didn't exactly understand it the one time I launched it, because I thought it was worth it to throw a few pennies to an obviously worthy developer (I bought that pop-up calc app for the same reason... I don't need a pop-up calculator, but the idea and implementation was just too cool not to support). at some point I'll sit down and get Glmpse set up, and then review it based on how well it does what it's *supposed* to do, not whether or not I should have bought it for what I do. Given how precentral's staff raves about it, I suspect it'll get 5 stars from me too.
    [QUOTE=Sanjay;3155417 Then add it to Glimpse - Developer's Cut.
    With Glimpse - Developer's Cut running, swipe down on the Top Left
    Click on 'Preferences'
    Click on 'Tap to Add External Widget'
    Enter ' com.palm.pandora ' as the app id and save.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the directions. I downloaded the directors cut and pandora but I can't seem to find the 'Tap to add external widget'?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbarney View Post
    Thanks for the directions. I downloaded the directors cut and pandora but I can't seem to find the 'Tap to add external widget'?
    Scroll down. It's at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    @snoopgoat:

sorry dude, as they say: no good deed goes unpunished.

in addition to the hp pricing fiasco, now you've got a bunch of people who didn't want and don't understand your app buying it to get a deal. then when they discover they don't understand it and didn't really want it, they give you a bad review. ungrateful sob's!
    Not too different from a lot of folks who bought touchpads in the "firesale" excitement then got itt and wondered what the heck did I buy? Lots of unrealistic expectations out there. Or the hundreds of folks who bought touchpads from onsale on amazon and left negative product reviews of the touchpad out of anger against onsale instead of leaving negative vendor feedback.
    Last edited by texasflood; 09/15/2011 at 04:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    deal expired I think? Comes up as $5 for me
    It was a one day sale in effect yesterday only.
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by hypertech View Post
    i agree they sould sell it just for 21 cent. 1$ is WAY too much.

edit. looks like touchpadle remove hes comment, but you can see it on the post below
    $1 is way to much? Good thing there aren't many people like you out there who are have no value for the amount of effort it takes to create an App...
    Quote Originally Posted by leif View Post
    deal expired I think? Comes up as $5 for me
    It was 24hrs only. You snooze you loose
    Quote Originally Posted by mettleh3d View Post
    I'm almost too disappointed to not have dual web browsers...
    I am too. Unfortunately, this is a webOS limitation (and not an App limitation). This is something I'm hoping will be fixed in a later version of webOS. Pls read the FAQs...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    it is somewhat functional, but anyone who has ever seen or used Pulse on an iPad will realize how primitive this app is. Manually trying to copy and even find RSS feeds, the lack of images...and then there are some issues. Some feeds have the titles appear, but when you select an article, the screen goes blank. When you reload, the article titles appear again, but none will open. An example is Current.com. The NYT is the same way. Is there a fix for this?
    Instead of focusing on the negatives, why not focus on the many other positives?
    if you're experiencing a bug, how hard is it to email the developer?
    Quote Originally Posted by marcel46 View Post
    I can't seem to add the Twitter widget to work. I click on get Unicode to activate Twitter but nothing happens.
    Make sure the date/time on your device is set correctly, then reboot and try again
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    I am too. Unfortunately, this is a webOS limitation (and not an App limitation). This is something I'm hoping will be fixed in a later version of webOS. Pls read the FAQs...
    Yes I knew this before I purchased, but still disappointed.

Thanks for the great effort
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Actually, you can already add Pandora to Glimpse. The Pandaro app for the Pre, available in tha app catalog for free, can bee added to Glimpse and works perfectly fine. For this you need to download the 'Developer's Cut of Glimpse which is a free download for those who have purchased Glimpse. You will also need to have Preware installed on your TouchPad.

1. Install Preware. This is a must have on all webOS devices. Seriously you have not experienced webOS until you have Preware and have homebrewed your device.

2. Download and install Glimpse - Developer's Cut
    With Glimpse Running, swipe down on the Top Left
    Click on 'Help'
    Click on 'View More Apps'
    Click on 'download' and install via Preware.

3. Download and install Pandora from the app catalog. Then add it to Glimpse - Developer's Cut.
    With Glimpse - Developer's Cut running, swipe down on the Top Left
    Click on 'Preferences'
    Click on 'Tap to Add External Widget'
    Enter ' com.palm.pandora ' as the app id and save.
    I can't find the directors cut on preware or the app catalogue. I bought the app on sale, could that be the reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    I can't find the directors cut on preware or the app catalogue. I bought the app on sale, could that be the reason?
    Read bullet #2