Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Price changes aren't instantaneous. In fact updates in the App Catalog aren't instantaneous. If you've used webOS for a while, you may notice that when an App gets freshly update, there's a period of a few hours where it still shows the old version. Unfortunately, several people happened to download Glimpse during this 'grey area', so they where charged $5 instead of $1. If you're one of those people, please contact HP to rectify this. As Developer, I have no control over App Catalog transactions. So, I can't provide refunds even if I wanted to. I have received literally 100 emails today about this already (I don't want anymore), it's overwhelming. Actually, I'm regretting this kind gesture. A few people have emailed/commented about this being some kind of scam. Please, don't let your imaginations run wild. I have a reputation in the webOS community, and I wouldn't stoop so low just to scam you out of $4.
    As for those ticked off about the overcharge, I'm sorry about that, but don't let this affect you from enjoying the App.
    And for the negative reviewers, please refrain from rating the App negatively because of this minor server issue (which again, isn't my fault).
    i did not give bad review to your apps, i just dont like it because its useless to me. but im sure it will be very usefull to alot of poeple
    Quote Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
    Seriously ?? It is HP's catalog where they are listing the price, and it is Palm Inc. that is charging the card . How can the developer issue a refund ??? Makes no sense.

This will seriously discourage me from spending any more money at the app store . Maybe the developers here can carry the message to HP because at the end of the day that impacts them.
    You're right. Developers have no control over transactions. We can only set the price of our App. It's up to HP/Palm to implement it properly on their backend. And we don't even get paid until next month after all transactions have been cleared and settled.

And don't let this discourage you from buying Apps. This is just a minor glitch (which sometimes happens with anything that works on software).

Hope you enjoy the App...
    Quote Originally Posted by hypertech View Post
    i did not give bad review to your apps, i just dont like it because its useless to me. but im sure it will be very usefull to alot of poeple
    Just curious, before buying it, did you read the description, and view the demo video (and see the reviews on Precentral/webosroundup)? Because, I tried my best to be transparent with what the App is and what it isn't. But i still get a few users who seem to have regrets...
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    I bought it, though I don't think I will use it (often). I prefer dedicated software for one purpose. Usually they do the work "better" than a program that does lots of stuff.
    True. Glimpse isn't meant to be a 'do-it-all' App. In some cases, you'll need a dedicated client for a fully immersive experience. But in some cases, you may find yourself wanting to quickly scroll through your tweets while loading a webpage, or you may want to quickly use a calculator while viewing your bank account, or you may want to quickly look at an rss article while viewing a youtube video...and so on...Glimpse helps you do that, without the hassle of switching between cards.
    You just have to find a use case scenario for yourself, give it time...
    not at all, i just jump into the boat because i see alot of poeple downloading it and like it, so i just try. i dont really care, just cost me 1$.....

its not your fault, im sure the description is very accurate, its just me not taking the time to read it.

cant wait to see more apps from you guys.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hypertech View Post
    Second that - I am sure this will be useful to many people - however I am not finding it very useful. The things I do the most on the web are - listen to streaming music, watch streaming videos, and browse. As it happens to be the case, I cannot do these simultaneously using this app. I do not do twitter or RSS - and really have no need for a computer for weather, calendar and calculator .

Maybe if we can add a last.fm / pandora widget, and ability to play videos (true embedded youtube - instead of the youtube website) - then I can find more use for it.

To the developer - this is not a reaction to the HP snafu with the price - and as far as that goes - it is not the glitch that I am concerned with - it is how it is handled. I'll wait to see how HP handles it.
    I can't seem to add the Twitter widget to work. I click on get Unicode to activate Twitter but nothing happens.
    For 99 cents the APP is a bargain [I am awaiting my price correction too]! I'm using it as a "home" screen for weather, reading RSS feeds, and typing notes. But I have a couple of questions:

1) I successfully added several RSS feeds, but am having a problem with blogspot feeds. Help?

2) RSS feeds are selected and read by feed source. Any way that this could be converted to "Last 10/15/20 feeds" ?

Thanks to Inglorious Apps for offering us a discounted price!
    To the Developer,

Thanks for the deal. Fun app. Not a cure for cancer, but I didn't expect that.

To everyone else,

HP runs the "HP App Store"
    Pitxitxita likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    It goes away after you reboot your device
    Thank you and thank you for the sale price. I am looking forward to using Glimpse!
    hypertech likes this.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Thanks for the sale! I had been looking at it for some time, but fro the description, I didn't think i'd get much use out of it. So I bought it tonight, and I love it! Mainly for Google reader and Twitter, where I can have th RSS feed in the left, browse it, and open full articles in the browser while I continue to browse the RSS feeds. Same with Twitter. I have Twitter in the left, RSS in the middle and browser on the right to enable easy tasking with the sliding panes. I really like the interface and find it quite nice. I can't really see myself using most of the widgets, but for web based multitasking,it's great. Well done!
    Thanks for the great price! Just started checking it out but it seems like a great app!
    To all. I was one of the unfortunate ones that got charged $5 for the app instead of the $0.99. I just got done with a web chat with the HP. They are saying that they are looking into it now and took down information to contact me when they are done looking into it. We'll see.

I don't blame the developer for this, I know this was yet another screwup on HP side.
    Brian
    excited to get this app, and at a discount. thanks for the 1 day deal
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nechasin View Post
    To all. I was one of the unfortunate ones that got charged $5 for the app instead of the $0.99....
    Well, after using the App, you'll realize you actually fortunate to get such an awesome App for only 5 bucks
    Quote Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
    Maybe if we can add a last.fm / pandora widget, and ability to play videos (true embedded youtube - instead of the youtube website) - then I can find more use for it.
    Actually, you can already add Pandora to Glimpse. The Pandaro app for the Pre, available in tha app catalog for free, can bee added to Glimpse and works perfectly fine. For this you need to download the 'Developer's Cut of Glimpse which is a free download for those who have purchased Glimpse. You will also need to have Preware installed on your TouchPad.

1. Install Preware. This is a must have on all webOS devices. Seriously you have not experienced webOS until you have Preware and have homebrewed your device.

2. Download and install Glimpse - Developer's Cut <- from within Glimpse
    With Glimpse Running, swipe down on the Top Left
    Click on 'Help'
    Click on 'View More Apps'
    Click on 'download' and install via Preware.

3. Download and install Pandora from the app catalog. Then add it to Glimpse - Developer's Cut.
    With Glimpse - Developer's Cut running, swipe down on the Top Left
    Click on 'Preferences'
    Click on 'Tap to Add External Widget'
    Enter ' com.palm.pandora ' as the app id and save.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/16/2011 at 06:33 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Actually - I was able to get Pandora to work - so if I can give up with my obsession with looking at a web page and watching a video at the same time, this is pretty cool actually. Well done indeed. I am still getting used to it.
    just purchased this app. Great app.

question: when you expand the webwidget, it doesn't take up the entire width. The empty space seems wasted.
    i just played little bit more with this apps, and wow..i have the calendar on top left, my calculator on bottom left and task on right in the big windows. i really like it now.

at first i tough it was just for surfing the web, twitter and other boring thing i dont use,nowmi find it really productive apps. thanks dev.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast