Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert999 View Post
    So you need to make a screen capture to show it says for 24hours it is on sale for 99cents
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    Home+power button takes a pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee05 View Post
    Can someone upload screenshot showing $0.99 for Glimpse from HP App Catalog? I'm at work and don't have my Touchpad with me.
    Thanks,
    Although the 80% discount is there, the $0.99 cents price no longer shows up once you're purchased it, so someone who has NOT purchased it would have to do this.
    Okay, I uploaded a couple of screen shots showing the discount. I think I've attached them here.

Colleen

** Edited just to say that texasflood is right. Fortunately, we have 2 touchpads here. I used my husbands to do the screen capture because I haven't purchased Glimpse on his yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cmdixon; 09/14/2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Explanation on how I got screen shot.
    Thanks for posting these. I had the same issue of being charged $5.00 for the .99 app.
  4.    #44  
    Bought it half an hour ago and they charged me 99 cents.
    Did not have time to open it because I had to go to the office.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiArch View Post
    Bought it half an hour ago and they charged me 99 cents.
    Did not have time to open it because I had to go to the office.
    I just received the receipt and was charged 99 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxorox View Post
    Me too. Liliana took care of business!
    She took handled mine too. Now I wait for Palmlevel3.NAC to do their thing. Just had to send them the receipt (no screen caps).

-----
    I tried to follow up after not hearing anything all day. Let me just say...if you get Skyler in a chat session - it would be best to have a technical difficulty and try in a few minutes. Or move to a 300Bd connection...it might be faster.
    Last edited by Pitxitxita; 09/14/2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Update
    Quote Originally Posted by tuktoyaktuk View Post
    I had the same thing happen. I initiated a chat (www.hpwebos.com/chat) to report the issue. They requested a copy of my receipt and said that they would send me an update.
    chat did not ask me for receipt. they asked for device serial number, name, phone number and then they said would escalate to engineering and give a refund.
    I bought it, though I don't think I will use it (often). I prefer dedicated software for one purpose. Usually they do the work "better" than a program that does lots of stuff.
    I got it! The receipt is showing $0.99.

Question:

Is there any way to edit the app name? It is showing up as Glimpse (80% off for 24hrs only!) Can I change it to just plain Glimpse?

Thank you,
    Neal
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    FB, maybe in the future.
    FB and (when API available) G+ please!
    I bought it for 0.99€ and now the app shows up as "glimpse 80% off for 24h" in the applauncher. Will that stay rhis way? Looks abit ugly ;D
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I got an email from the developer and he said that its not his fault that the overcharge happen. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for what HP will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    I got it! The receipt is showing $0.99.

Question:

Is there any way to edit the app name? It is showing up as Glimpse (80% off for 24hrs only!) Can I change it to just plain Glimpse?

Thank you,
    Neal
    this x2, btw...i just bought it and dont really like it, its useless for me. but thats just me.
    Last edited by hypertech; 09/14/2011 at 02:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    I got an email from the developer and he said that its not his fault that the overcharge happen. Oh well, I guess I'll wait for what HP will do.
    It is true that it is not the developers fault. I believe the way it works is that HP takes care of the payment - not the developer. It is quite possible that HP is offering the discount and not the developer.

I forwarded the receipt to the email that was given to me by the online support rep. I will wait for a week and if I do not see a credit, I will simply dispute the charge with my credit card company - and of course stay away from app purchases in future.

Also - I am not very impressed with the app. The YouTube widget is really not usable with anything else. I cannot browse while a video is playing - I believe because both use the browser. If I try to read a feed while a video is playing, the video freezes up , and I can never get it back unless I kill the app. So I am now questioning my purchase, but anyway I do realize that I had time to do the research - so I will be happy as long as I get my $4 back.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Bought it just now... receipt show 0.99. Just so you know, the discount price is working now.
    Quote Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
    Also - I am not very impressed with the app. The YouTube widget is really not usable with anything else. I cannot browse while a video is playing - I believe because both use the browser.
    Earlier in this thread was this post - http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3153218 that explains why some people will find this app helpful. I found it helpful in just a short walk through - but then I'm more interested in the RSS, Twitter, Weather, Calculator etc and less in Youtube.
    It's funny HP support told me it's not HP's fault and the developer needs to issue the refund. Sounds like a major communication breakdown. Being overcharged is not the end of the world but it certainly will make me think before making another HP app store purchase. Great support HP. Try to come up with better names than Auther and Adam for your outsourced tech support.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    That doesn't sound good. This is my first time ever purchasing an APP (not including free with codes) and it had to be a bad experience. WTH.

If I knew it was going to be like this. I should have purchased Kalemsoft instead. Arrgg.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebeale View Post
    It's funny HP support told me it's not HP's fault and the developer needs to issue the refund.
    Seriously ?? It is HP's catalog where they are listing the price, and it is Palm Inc. that is charging the card . How can the developer issue a refund ??? Makes no sense.

This will seriously discourage me from spending any more money at the app store . Maybe the developers here can carry the message to HP because at the end of the day that impacts them.
    Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    ....Is there any way to edit the app name? It is showing up as [I]Glimpse (80% off for 24hrs only!)....
    It goes away after you reboot your device
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast