Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    Folks should know... I ordered and downloaded Glimpse off the HP Catalog this AM. The Catalog shows it for $.99 and says 80% off for 24 hours, but when I got the receipt from HP it charged my credit card the full $5.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrusuelas View Post
    Folks should know... I ordered and downloaded Glimpse off the HP Catalog this AM. The Catalog shows it for $.99 and says 80% off for 24 hours, but when I got the receipt from HP it charged my credit card the full $5.00.
    Same here....I'm a bit ticked about it.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Yup they charged me $5.00 too. I hope they can fix this crap. Where did you guys complain?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Same here - listed for $0.99 - charged $5.00 - and since the app catalog does not list the amount at time of hitting 'Purchase' - there is no way to know what it is doing .

Who to contact to correct this ? Did not notice anything on the HP website about support when charged incorrectly.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Also - folks should know - you cannot play a YouTube video and browse the web at the same time - Not sure if this was already mentioned - I sure missed it
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrusuelas View Post
    When I checked this morning the search results indicated "$0.99"; however the app details page had the old $5 price. This can happen immediately after an app update. Sometimes the search results show the updated info before the app actually updates.

For people looking to take advantage of this deal, I'd suggest checking the price on the app details page before purchasing. I imagine it should update to the new price soon.

For those who purchased it for full price today, I'd call HP/Palm and mention you saw the $0.99 price and ask for a refund of the difference. And please realize the developer has no control over this type of situation and has no way of refunding the difference.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    toaste likes this.
    I had the same thing happen. I initiated a chat (www.hpwebos.com/chat) to report the issue. They requested a copy of my receipt and said that they would send me an update.
    I have been on the phone for 2 hours, going from one dept to another and can not find anyone for the apps catalog to give refund difference

they do not have a phone number for the web os app store
    Quote Originally Posted by tuktoyaktuk View Post
    I had the same thing happen. I initiated a chat (www.hpwebos.com/chat) to report the issue. They requested a copy of my receipt and said that they would send me an update.
    I just came to post the same thing. They said they were aware of the problem and were looking into getting it fixed. I forwarded my receipt and they told me I'd get an update. I also went through chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuktoyaktuk View Post
    Me too. Liliana took care of business!
    Spoke with 15 different people at HP. 13 of which said it was not a valid invoice number.
    I followed up with the webos tech support phone who said they do not themselves deal with refunds. They will have to send this to HP Palm Admin team/

That team will at their discretion (and will not provide any promises) decide how to handle the escalation from the HP palm technical team

How is that for customer service.
    it is 877 426 3777

I would suggest to speak to a supervisor, as to make this escalation with more weight to get the money refunded.

also, I contacted my credit card company for a dispute. So you need to make a screen capture to show it says for 24hours it is on sale for 99cents
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I got Glimpse this morning and it was showing $0.99 at app store, but I received email which shows the full price, $5.00. I think it is a scam. Is there anyone I can contact?

Thank you,

---------Update
    I joined the chat based on the link provided by 'tuktoyaktuk' in this thread, i was told to send a screen shot of the price from HP App Store to 'palmlevel3.nac@palm.com', I promise will never buy from App Store. They have my receipt date and Invoice number and I have to prove it not them finding out. THANK YOU HP
    Last edited by poqonos; 09/14/2011 at 09:01 AM.
    I've just finished chatting with Palm Chat per the link above and got an email to forward my receipt to - Palmlevel3.NAC. I'm not sure of the 'level' 3 is regarding the internal structure of customer service within Palm/HP, however, hopefully this will get taken care of otherwise I'll be disputing it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mert999 View Post
    it is 877 426 3777
    ... So you need to make a screen capture to show it says for 24hours it is on sale for 99cents
    I will obviously make a screen shot via PC, but is there an app for a screen capture for the Touchpad? I'd love to capture the .99 cent category view of the app.

PH
    I waited until about half an hour ago to purchase when I noticed the app page updated the price and my invoice reflects that.

I can see how other people find the app useful... but I'm glad I only paid 0.99

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectHybrid View Post
    I will obviously make a screen shot via PC, but is there an app for a screen capture for the Touchpad? I'd love to capture the .99 cent category view of the app.

PH
    Home+power button takes a pic.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    What a hassle.
    Can someone upload screenshot showing $0.99 for Glimpse from HP App Catalog? I'm at work and don't have my Touchpad with me.
    Thanks,
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Same here, I am at work, I would appreciate if someone can upload the screenshot
    Last edited by poqonos; 09/14/2011 at 09:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    It is such a hassle. I don't think I can bear to call the evil HP for the price difference.... Pretty good app btw.
    Since the app went on sale today the agents are probably just finding out about the issue. I would wait a few hours let them figure out how to resolve and then give them a call.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast