Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I don't know if I just had a bad experience with it or if its normally just like that. But it is like insanely laggy and slow. Anyone agree?
    Not really. Mine seems to be working fine. I'm more concerned with the content of it. I'd like to see additional features added to it but that's a different topic. I will say that once in a while, it does hang after it is launched and then it gets stuck trying to load the News Feed (I have to tap profile and then tap News Feed again which usually resolves it).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Not really. I'd like to see more features built into it, if possible, but it's not slow and laggy for me either. Haven't seen it hang yet, but I'm new to the Touchpad world.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    I don't know if I just had a bad experience with it or if its normally just like that. But it is like insanely laggy and slow. Anyone agree?
    Mine can be leggy sometimes depending on wifi connection. You can always use the actual site or m.facebook.com.
    Not laggy or slow here, although I do get random instances of blank pages that are pretty annoying.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Nope. Mine's fast and flawless. Also, bet you that title won't last long.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    lol @ using facebook
    LOL, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the title of this thread.

Something might be wrong with your device. Also you may want to clarify if you are referring to the TouchPad or phone version. Either way, there haven't been any major issues with the FB app to call it garbage.

The only issue I'd like to see resolved on the phone app is to allow my pics to show in the app when I have https: settings enabled.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    just my 2-cents...I think the TouchPad's Facebook App is great.
    on a tablet, why not use the actualy fb page on your browser as you would your desktop?
    I think the facebook app is really awesome. Looking through friends' photo albums feels like looking at locally stored pictures. Everything is smooth.
    only thing I wish it had was fb chat built into the app.... That's really about it.
    to OP: try a reboot.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I actually think the FB app is sluggish too (running 1.7 overclocked TP which is pretty fast everywhere else). Laggy, sometimes doesn't update, missing ton of FB features.

It LOOKS cool, I'll give it that.

But I generally just use the web browser via bookmark and launcher web-app shortcut.
    Herk_FE likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Not really. Mine seems to be working fine. I'm more concerned with the content of it. I'd like to see additional features added to it but that's a different topic. I will say that once in a while, it does hang after it is launched and then it gets stuck trying to load the News Feed (I have to tap profile and then tap News Feed again which usually resolves it).
    Mine does this as well. Sometimes it fails to load, so I have to discard the card and open it again.

It's pretty nice, but it is sluggish at times.
    Pretty much every app on my Touchpad lags constantly. I also have problems loading the news feed in the FB app on initial startup. When these things happen I just try to remember that I got a tablet for $150 and then I smile.
    Come play with my Twitter.
    it loses comments I post, most notably on pictures. Some comment I post just don,t show up. Yeah it pretty much sucks!
    I prefer the phone app. *Works great with a back button added. *Still has the same bugs though. :-P *I only fire up the tablet app on occasion.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    on a tablet, why not use the actualy fb page on your browser as you would your desktop?
    Oh yeah... Sometimes I do that too.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  20.    #20  
    First of all, I dont know why the phones facebook app was even brought up... This is the touchpad forum the last time I checked. I tried a reboot but it didn't really do much. If you are just casually reading statuses its fine but if you try to do anything fast, it is extremely laggy and seems like it freezes for a few seconds.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast