Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  

This is an over exaggerated step-by-step process of installing the SNES emulator on your touchpad. Now here is where it gets sticky, stealing ROMS is bad, mmkay? It is considered copyright infringement; however, many people still search for ROMS at places like cool roms. The Leading Video Games Site on the Net, and download them onto their computers, to use with their emulators. Horrible, I know-- the thieves. So, with that said, I hope you all own these games, because I in no way support the stealing of these games.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step one-Get your touchpad ready. TURN IT ON 

Go onto the touch pad and download the SNES emulator in the HP catalog app that came on your touchpad. It looks like a little controller, just click and download.
    Once you download it, launch it, this will ensure the snes/roms folder is made inside your touchpad drive. However, some users still have to make the folder on their touchpads, for reasons unknown to me. So if you find one wasnt made, simply make a folder within a folder.
    ( I'll explain further down)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A blue screen is all that awaits you, giving you basic instructions on how to go about getting SNES up and running when you first open it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step two- Connect your touchpad to your laptop/computer via the usb cord that came with it. Put your touchpad in USB drive. Now you can see all crap on your touchpad, just like a flashdrive.

One thing I noticed was that this app will create the SNES/ROMS folder on your touchpad drive for you, you can see it when you are in USB mode. If you dont see it, make a new folder called snes, go inside that folder and make another called roms.
    -----> /snes/rom

Click on your snes folder, then click on roms. Awe, you are rom-less, lets fix that.

This empty folder (roms) is where you will drag and drop, or copy and paste your roms to once you get them from wherever you get them from.

Step three.- I’m going to tell you about people who go to ‘’coolroms’ and find roms/games they want, and download them on to their laptops/computers  - You do not have to use this site, you should only use roms from games you already purchased. It is entirely up you.

Id suggest making a folder to keep all your new downloaded roms in on your desktop.

Cool roms has all their roms as .zip files. This is the file extension you need them to be in!!
    DONT UNZIP THEM!! There is no need to.

Once you downloaded the roms you want, from wherever it is you got them from, copy and paste them into the new folder created on your desktop.

Open your folder full of all your freshly downloaded roms, and copy all of them all at once. You are going to go PASTE them into the ROMS folder that is on your TOUCHPAD.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Step four- Go into your touchpad drive, visible from your laptop/computer , find the snes folder, and open it. You will see the roms folder. Click on the roms folder, inside the EMPTY rom folder on your touchpad, PASTE your freshly downloaded roms inside that you just copied. Make sure all .zip roms are INSIDE THE ROM FOLDER. Each zip file is a separate game.

YOU’RE DONE!! YAY!! Now make sure to eject the touchpad, don’t just rip out the usb cord.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Step five-When you open the snes emulator this time your games should all be their staring you in the face.

At the bottom you will see the menu button, inside the menu is a skins folder, containing 11 skins. Click on the names of the skins to change between them. I like skin 2 by jjcitron. But find one that works for you.

Open a game and try it out. To get out of a game, hit the home screen button to minimize the card. You will see a list of options pop up, like reset the game, switch games, ect.

That’s all folks, I don’t see how I can make this anymore blunt. I hope you enjoy the snes emulators, be sure to support the devs, they make things like this possible, without them, we would not have the ability to do this, without having to develop it ourselves!
    Last edited by vella_; 09/20/2011 at 09:11 AM.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

wes297, pogeypre, D4ve2 and 1 others like this.
    you might want to take that link out of your post
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the heads up, I was trying to keep the guide subtle, but still help people out lol took it out. Thanks again.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

thanks a lot. The guide was very helpful
    vella_ likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wes297 View Post
    thanks a lot. The guide was very helpful
    you're very welcome, glad it helped you out!

I didn't know roms don't need to be unzipped. Thanks! Helpful lil guide ;-)
    vella_ likes this.
    nice guide, thanks. I think the controls need to be shrunken down a bit though as the controls are too far apart. Please also note, it only creates the folder on your TP after you launch the app for the first time (silly me was searching around).
    vella_ likes this.
    tbh the installation and config was pretty easy. The instructions were quite straightfoward....

But i'm having a really bad time trying to find where the buttons are. The directional is easy, the buttons are outlined, but the rest of the buttons aren't, at least for me...
    vella_ likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by diasf View Post
    tbh the installation and config was pretty easy. The instructions were quite straightfoward....

But i'm having a really bad time trying to find where the buttons are. The directional is easy, the buttons are outlined, but the rest of the buttons aren't, at least for me...
    you might have a transparent skin chosen, go into menu and into skins and touch the screen over the names of skins, it will swap it out to a controller you can see. I hope I am understanding you correctly.

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendo View Post
    nice guide, thanks. I think the controls need to be shrunken down a bit though as the controls are too far apart. Please also note, it only creates the folder on your TP after you launch the app for the first time (silly me was searching around).
    I made sure to really stress launching it prior to USB mode. Thanks for the feedback!

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Thanks for the guide.
    vella_ likes this.
    Does any body know if their is a way to change the landscape orientation while playing. It automatically goes to landscape with the headphone jack towards the bottom. If I have my headphones on, this is inconvienient, as the headphone jack is sticking into my hand while I'm playing.
    vella_ likes this.
    OK i must be missing something really simple here. I had to make my own snes/roms folders and have added roms but for some reason when I start the emulator it is telling me I dont have any roms installed.

Anyone have any ideas why ?
    vella_ likes this.
  14.    #14  
    when you open the Snes folder does it look like this

roms
    marioworld.zip
    mariokart.zip

if you see your Roms folder above all your zips, its wrong, they are actually inside the snes folder, I sat frustrated for 15 min trying to figure what the he11 I did wrong.

all zips need to be copy and pasted into the selected roms folder, so when you open the roms folder, they are viewable inside.

if this doesn't fix it, or was not the issue, reboot your touchpad, not just a Luna restart.

but this was the case with me. Should look like this.

snes/

roms/

/zip files you dl'ed.

hope this helps.

as far as landscape views go, I would put it as a suggestion on his original thread, or comment in the app catalog under reviews.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Incredibly stupid question:

Will this play NES roms?

;-)
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    Incredibly stupid question:

Will this play NES roms?

;-)
    according to izz, no.
    Last edited by vella_; 09/20/2011 at 09:03 AM.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Vella,

I mean NES (8 bit) roms.

No go, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    yes sirrr.

snes= super NES
    there are no stupid questions either!
    There are, however, quite often, stupid answers

<staff edit>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/20/2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary comment
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    Vella,

I mean NES (8 bit) roms.

No go, right?

to clarify, according to izz, no it won't, sorry for any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    There are, however, quite often, stupid answers

<staff edit>
    I'm confused why the mod has removed me answering the question and left what was probably the "unnecessary comment".

Anyway to answer the question (again) the super NES is the successor to the original NES and had much better hardware and controllers but was not backward compatible.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast