Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I have my Yahoo and Gmail accounts synced to the email program, and for the last several days anytime I click on an email to open it I get this error - "An error occurred downloading this message" and there is an option to reload which just repeats the problem. It is not an internet issue as webpages load flawlessly. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    try using the account app to remove the accounts. Restart the device, and then add them back from the account app.
  3.    #3  
    Just tried it with no luck.
    Have u tried one at a time? Yahoo first then Gmail and see maybe yahoo or gmail servers are down! I get yahoo server down a lot on my mac with mail app, but on the other hand yahoo mail works fine on my iphone!
    Having the same issue with mine. Started yesterday. Tried to run a manual backup and that failed also. My other TP works fine, so I am going to try a few things and then just start over. Hope this is not a trend...
    I have always had issues with Yahoo Mail for some reason. Most of the time something breaks when I try to send an email and the authentication doesn't work properly. I now keep the outbox in my default view so that I can see it leave the outbox. If it sits, I typically have to manually sync it again.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdamrican View Post
    Having the same issue with mine. Started yesterday. Tried to run a manual backup and that failed also. My other TP works fine, so I am going to try a few things and then just start over. Hope this is not a trend...
    My wife's is completely stock except for the unchecked logging from the dialpad, and hers works perfectly. Mine has all of the patches from the "start here" thread, as well as the F15 kernel, but I uninstalled the F15 and govnah and the email is still not working, so I eliminated the kernel as a possibility. It may have something to do with the patches but I have had them since day one and they have worked perfectly until a couple days ago. I have downloaded updates to some patches, so that may have something to do with it.
    All of a sudden, as of a couple days ago, I am having this error on every email body across three IMAP accounts---two GMail and one personal account. One of the GMail accounts also suddenly won't log in, but the login info hasn't changed and I have re-entered it a few times. Attachments are unaffected, and can be d/d'ed just fine; just the bodies are failing to show up.

I did just get a couple of software updates, but to the best of my knowledge none was for the e-mail client.

This is really frustrating. There is a short thread on hpwebos that basically says to do a full erase, but I would really prefer not to do that... :-/

I am *thinking* this may be a directory permissions issue from one of said updates.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Uhoh, this just happened to me tonight on both my IMAP and gmail account. Running with a few patches and uberkernal. Have not tried to remove anything yet... Only recent software I updated was Kalemsoft Media Player to .40 last nite. Gonna have to watch and see if anyone comes up with a fix for this new bug - because that's clearly what it is. /Sigh/
  10.    #10  
    GAH!
    Just developed the login problem on Gmail this morning; worked fine last night. All other devices are having no problems. Have tried removing the account through email; will now try through accounts. All I have done since yesterday is add the thumb nav patch and Glimpse.
    For Yahoo.

I don't know if this fixes anything, but it certainly doesn't seem to have any adverse effects and might be worth a try.

On a PC. Log in, click on your username at the top left. Select "Account Info". Click "Manage Apps and website connections". Delete everything.
    same problem here.
    all of a sudden the mailclient is only able to download the mail-header, but not the text itself. this happens on both of my accounts, a gmail- and an exchange-account.
    I had this problem too. I did a app reset & all is well again. I did have to re-enter all my account info again. I think it's a patch so I'm only adding 1 at a time for a day or so to figure it out which one is the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Just developed the login problem on Gmail this morning; worked fine last night. All other devices are having no problems. Have tried removing the account through email; will now try through accounts. All I have done since yesterday is add the thumb nav patch and Glimpse.
    This is clearly an email client issue. I removed the account via "Accounts" and can easily re-enter it. with no error messages. Then when I open the email client I get a message saying "web login required". The absurd thing is I can easily log in to the web client but the email client rejects the username/password, even though it accepted the account setup. Could a change on Gmail's end cause it to not accept data from the TP client? It's working fine on my Pre.
    According to a thread on Google help (Cannot access gmail through HP touchpad - Gmail Help) it may be a problem with two-step verification....which I don't have and don't want. And haven't needed.
    And....just like that it healed itself. I did nothing after re-adding the account twice. I continued to get the "web login required" message. Came back an hour later, the notification was still at the top of the TP, but all emails had been loaded into the client. Had a similar thing going on last week with Yahoo not accepting a login, and it healed itself as well. I guess the best thing to do in these situations is sit around and do nothing for a few hours.
  18.    #18  
    Mine is doing it for all email so it is not a yahoo or gmail problem.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    I had this problem too. I did a app reset & all is well again. I did have to re-enter all my account info again. I think it's a patch so I'm only adding 1 at a time for a day or so to figure it out which one is the problem.
    How do you do an app reset on the email app since it is built in and not an add on from an app store or preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by FireintheWhole View Post
    My wife's is completely stock except for the unchecked logging from the dialpad, and hers works perfectly. Mine has all of the patches from the "start here" thread, as well as the F15 kernel, but I uninstalled the F15 and govnah and the email is still not working, so I eliminated the kernel as a possibility. It may have something to do with the patches but I have had them since day one and they have worked perfectly until a couple days ago. I have downloaded updates to some patches, so that may have something to do with it.
    do a search on the "muffle system logging" patch. It has caused a number of email problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast