Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! I have now started to get this for my gmail and exchange accounts, anybody managed to resolve this or is it a case of sit and wait?.

(I'm overclocking and running most patches, just removed 'muffle sys logging' but no luck)
    WOW I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. I thought I did something wrong last night. I opened the email app and all was fine checking my e-mails everything was loading including the text but about half way thru checking my e-mail I started getting the same message everybody else seems to be getting now. All my email clients (g-mail, exchange and hotmail) gives me the error message "email text failed to load please try again" but I do get the header page. I have already tried what people here have suggested but with no luck. This just started happening last night all of a sudden and my last patch update was three days ago and it has worked fine until last night. I love my TP but now what to do with the email client!

I am overclocking using the F4 kernel 1.8 and have all the performance patches installed. Other than this e-mail glitch my TP is running real sweet and quite fast.

Now what to do??? I am hoping it fixes itself buy one can only hope...
    If mine isn't running by the end of tomorrow I will see what support have to day.
    the problem with the muffle system logging patch is not just limited to attachments and it is not always solved by removing the patch. Rod is working on a fix. Read through this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...tachments.html
    I just ran the Emergency Filecache Wipe (EFW) that was uploaded to Preware today after uninstalling Muffle System Logging v.23 and now I have the body of all my e-mails back (text and images). Thanks you very much Rod I love my TP again :P

Now...do I install MSL v.23 again or wait for another update v.24? And if I don't install it will I notice a performance drop?

Update: I re-installed MSL v.23 again and all is well in the land of OZ
    Last edited by g-dog; 09/14/2011 at 06:59 PM.
    Wozza666 and Bigum1969 like this.
    woot! worked! awesome guys!
    AWESOMENESS! Back up and working after using the Emergency Filecache Wipe (EFW).

This is EXACTLY why I am more than happy to part with my money when it comes to supporting the webosinternals/homebrew guys. Fantastic stuff.
    Dis likes this.
  8.    #28  
    EFW solved the problem! Thanks, all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza666 View Post
    AWESOMENESS! Back up and working after using the Emergency Filecache Wipe (EFW).

This is EXACTLY why I am more than happy to part with my money when it comes to supporting the webosinternals/homebrew guys. Fantastic stuff.
    should we delete the patch first, then do the wipe patch, and then reinstall v.23?? or just run the patch over v.23 ?
    I uninstalled it first then ran EFW then I re-installed it and now everything works fine. Maybe you don't need to uninstall first but I would rather be safe than sorry.
    yes, the emergency patch does fix the email problem.

Whew.
    Thanks,

Susan.
    I do not have the EFW patch in my preware.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    elykoj - I removed it first then applied the patch

misterre - you may need to add the resting feeds to preware, since the prepare update the process may of changed so check out the preware/internals website.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I woke up this morning to this problem. Didn't panic (too much). Got to work, logged into Pre|Central.net forums and searched on "An error occurred downloading this message." Got this thread, followed the instructions and email is back! God I love webos, Pre|Central and homebrew (both the developers and loyal users)! I just hope I never have to say goodbye. Treating my Pre- like a newborn baby for as long as I have to
    I am getting the yahoo login issue except my emails are actually coming in. so the thing was to just leave it alone then?
    I'm still having gmail email text problems after trying the above. However, I can now see attachments. Any suggestions?
    <thread moved>
    Unable to download the body of email Bug got me today. EPW and a restart fixed it. I recall finally installing muffle loging patch in the last few days.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12