1.    #1  
    Im really getting sick of people comming here creating accounts bashing a 99 dollar tablet that really kicks ***- Yes I own a android 3.2 honeycomb device and it does almost everything that the 500 dollar tablet does.
    Anyways back to the thread.

A dnla player

Anyways I see alot of people saying theres no dnla - YES THERE IS!!

You actually need two pieces of software for this first the media player for videos which is called Kalemsoft media player, then you need upnp av player which does videos,music,and photos of course you must by the copy for full features but it will do the job !!

Yes I have a dnla on my android which is also two pieces of software. Rockplayer and upnplay ..

So for all ya that bicker realize that theres your dnla

Yeah it must encode some videos as not being native only takes a few minutes and the quality isnt the best its still viewable..

bob d.
    I assume this should go to this category: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad-apps/

Thanks for the hint. I'm really looking forward to use my Touchpad for streaming music. However, instead of blaming some people for an asserted negative attitude, I would have loved to have some more infos about the solution:

Will it stream media only from a DLNA device to the Touchpad or will it allow you to stream media from the Touchpad to another DLNA device (like the "Play to" function in Windows or the upnp function in Foobar)?

That's the only thing I miss about the player. As the headphone jack does only provide very limited volume, I'd love to be able to stream the music to my AVR (not to mention the increased quality).

Regards,
    Alphajoe
    bobin, care to explain how to get Kalem and the various DLNA apps to talk to each other? Because as far as I know, having a DLNA player that can only play the one or two encodings that the Touchpad directly supports is pretty much useless (at least for me) since I don't have a transcoding DLNA server.. and that has nothing to do with getting it to Kalem to play it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    One accesses the streaming the other does the playing.

Your built in video player will not and cannot play the videos that have been encoded for .It takes about 4 minutes for a half hour if it needs to be done.
    I dont see it connecting to other devices persay only the home network and its played everything so far, music, photos,and movies and tv shows even dhtv labled and copied shows.So I dont have all the details as its not mine I just use it and it works perfect ! Yes needs some more development but to a extent that it looks very appealing. The free av player will encode the videos or stream what can be played while the kalemplayer plays what the touchpad wont in its native extentsions. Also you guys will need the gemini file manager for deleting the files which are all saved to the download directory that doesnt have access in the tablet because of no file viewer. Everything is availible on the site for download and will cost only a couple dollars apiece. UPDATE ALSO - New kalemsoft player has higher def for encoding looks amazing now !
  5.    #5  
    They all can be tested and free to try ... also can be found elsewhere hint hint.
    Anyways check it out and you guys who are better at the explaining can do . I just wanted to point out what many are not seeing and works great beyond what one would expect.
    so, you can't explain how it is that you manage to get Kalem to play video through another app, when that app refuses to stream video that it can't play?

Great help, "Hey guys, there's 2 apps that you can use to stream anything you want and transcode it too .. but I can't tell you how to make it do it." ?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobinh2otown View Post
    One accesses the streaming the other does the playing.
    Pray tell how does this work exactly? 'Kalemsoft' plays more formats, but is actually quite useless as an audio player. There is no way to play 'playlists', full albums or even a full folder. You have to actually addd each song you wish to play into the favorites before you can play them all or else you are stuck with playing only one song at a time.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    so, you can't explain how it is that you manage to get Kalem to play video through another app, when that app refuses to stream video that it can't play?

Great help, "Hey guys, there's 2 apps that you can use to stream anything you want and transcode it too .. but I can't tell you how to make it do it." ?
    i think what the OP was trying to say was, you should use the upnp player to find the movies on your dlna device then download them. Once downloaded you use the kalemsoft app to view them locally. Eliminating the need to transcode them on the pc or connecting your TP to get it on the device. As an audio player, I agree, kalemsoft has a long way to go.
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 09/13/2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Once your music is local to the TouchPad you can use AudiophileHD Pro to play almost any format.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    i think what the OP was trying to say was, you should use the upnp player to find the movies on your dlna device then download them. Once downloaded you use the kalemsoft app to view them locally. Eliminating the need to transcode them on the pc or connecting your TP to get it on the device. As an audio player, I agree, kalemsoft has a long way to go.
    right, but as far as I know (maybe I'm using the wrong app?) the DLNA apps look at the media files on the DLNA server, see that it's not compatible, and then refuse to do anything with them.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    you could also try bhome to play upnp stuff from your pc or nas. pretty good solution for images (also plays video or music, but for video kalemsoft is the best solution), comparable to upnp av player but in my view better.
    I wasn't aware there were people having that many issues streaming from DLNA to the TouchPad. Personally, my only issue with DLNA would be trying to go the other direction and stream FROM the TouchPad to a DLNA client, which as far as I know is not currently possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Pray tell how does this work exactly? 'Kalemsoft' plays more formats, but is actually quite useless as an audio player. There is no way to play 'playlists', full albums or even a full folder. You have to actually addd each song you wish to play into the favorites before you can play them all or else you are stuck with playing only one song at a time.
    errrm, that's because Kalemsoft is a video player (that coincidentally, because of the underlying apps it uses, happens to play audio files if fed them)

This is a bit like complaining that your hovercraft doesn't work as well as your car for getting around town. Sure, you could use it for that. You wouldn't want to though. The right tool for the right job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loccy View Post
    errrm, that's because Kalemsoft is a video player (that coincidentally, because of the underlying apps it uses, happens to play audio files if fed them)

This is a bit like complaining that your hovercraft doesn't work as well as your car for getting around town. Sure, you could use it for that. You wouldn't want to though. The right tool for the right job.
    If that is the case, then the devs should have named it 'KalemSoft Video Player' and not 'KalemSoft Media Player'. The fact is, they are selling it as a Media player, ie. audio/video player and thus it should have atleast the very basic functionality of an audio/media player. I personally have very little, if any, interest in video and my reason for purchasing this way OVER PRICED app, is primarily to stream WMA audio. Something it barely does. What irks me even more, is how the devs so conveniently overlook my posts without even acknowledging them, let alone actually wanting to discuss and or fix the issues.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/13/2011 at 12:57 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    ...my only issue with DLNA would be trying to go the other direction and stream FROM the TouchPad to a DLNA client, which as far as I know is not currently possible.
    +1. If anybody finds a solution for this, please share it!