Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone else use the People Magazine app? I have a paper subscription to the magazine, which gets me a free tablet edition as well. The tablet edition is beautiful! The pictures are great and I love it. However, the latest edition won't load. It gets stuck on "Opening magazine, please wait...". I've sent an email to them and they suggested I remove the copy I downloaded and re-download it. I've done that 3 times now and it's not helping. I've emailed them again, but haven't heard back yet. Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the September 19th issue.

Thanks!

Colleen
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Zinio is supposed to have an app by the end of the month. That will probably be your best bet.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you! I'll keep my eyes open for their app.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdixon View Post
    Does anyone else use the People Magazine app? I have a paper subscription to the magazine, which gets me a free tablet edition as well. The tablet edition is beautiful! The pictures are great and I love it. However, the latest edition won't load. It gets stuck on "Opening magazine, please wait...". I've sent an email to them and they suggested I remove the copy I downloaded and re-download it. I've done that 3 times now and it's not helping. I've emailed them again, but haven't heard back yet. Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the September 19th issue.

Thanks!

Colleen
    yes I've had the same problem with the 9/19 issue also. Tried downloading both the app and issue to no avail. Works fine on my iPad though. Hopefully its just this issue as past issues have worked fine
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for confirming the problem mlawrnce! Sorry you're having trouble, but good to know it's not just me. I hope it's just this issue as well - I really love reading my magazine on the touchpad!!
    I'm having trouble with the 9/19 issue as well. I've uninstalled the people app and reinstalled it which didn't resolve the issue either. I've reported the problem, but I haven't heard back.
  7.    #7  
    Oh good. Glad I'm not the only one that reported the problem. Please post back here if/when you hear back. I'll do the same. Thanks!
  8.    #8  
    I just heard back from them. They said they've fixed the faulty issue. Here's the email I received:

Thank you for contacting PEOPLE Customer Service.
    To correct the problem with the latest People issue, plug in your Touchpad to your computer with the micro USB cable that came with your device.
    The device will pop-up a window asking you want to do with the connection. Tap on "USB Drive".
    In windows, navigate to "\.reader-com.timeinc.digimag.webos.people.service\content" and delete the 583 folder.
    After that, the app will load to the Library correctly.
    We have since replaced that faulty issue with an issue that will load correctly. You can re-download the issue from your library again and it should then work correctly.

We know this can be frustrating and we apologize for any inconvenience. Your business means a lot to us and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
    We appreciate this opportunity to be of service.

People Customer Service
    PeopleDigital@customersvc.com
    1-866-769-0199
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Worked like a charm!! Thanks!
    My wife will be thrilled!
    So, I am having problems with this month's issue. I tried deleting the folder and then downloading it again, but it's still not working. Anyone else having problems again?
  12.    #12  
    I am having trouble again. I tried it on my touchpad and my husbands. No go. I emailed them Monday, so hopefully they'll fix it and reply back to me soon. When you email customer service, they claim to have a 48 hour turn around, so we'll see. I will post here when they respond.

Colleen
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I'm not a print subscriber, but I just installed the "People" app on my HP TouchPad and signed up for the trial period. I downloaded the 10/10/11 issue, but it won't open. It just says, "Starting Magazine, please wait . . . "

I deleted the app, reinstalled it, re-downloaded the magazine, with the same result.

I tried downloading prior issues, but after first stating the download was initializing, it then "Paused" and did not go anywhere.

I emailed customer service to cancel the subscription. What a waste of my time!

I better not get charged for this!
  14.    #14  
    brentj, I can totally understand your frustration. I am a print subscriber and have been for years, so it was a no brainer for me. I will admit that I sometimes have to stop and start the download to get the magazine onto the touchpad. However, once it's there, it's beautiful! I haven't tried any other magazine, so I can't compare, but I MUCH prefer to look at it on the touchpad than to read the paper version. The pictures are stunning and I love that on some of the stories you can click on links for more info - or not, if it's an article that doesn't interest me.
  15.    #15  
    I still haven't heard back from customer service. I hope that means they are working on the problem. However, I wanted to say that I downloaded the new issue this morning (October 17th issue) and it works fine.
  16.    #16  
    They've fixed the October 10th issue. Here's the email I got with instructions:

Thank you for contacting PEOPLE Customer Service.
    To correct the problem with the latest People issue, plug in your Touchpad to your computer with the micro USB cable that came with your device.
    The device will pop-up a window asking you want to do with the connection. Tap on "USB Drive".
    In windows, navigate to “\.reader-com.timeinc.digimag.webos.people.service\content” and delete the 665 and 644 folders.
    After that, the app will load to the Library correctly.
    We have since replaced that faulty issue with an issue that will load correctly. You can re-download the issue from your library again and it should then work correctly.

We know this can be frustrating and we apologize for any inconvenience. Your business means a lot to us and we appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

We appreciate this opportunity to be of service.

People Customer Service
    PeopleDigital@customersvc.com
    1-866-769-0199
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    How many "faulty" issues do they have to foist upon the public before they learn how to do it right?
    as many as it takes LOL
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  19.    #19  
    Well, here we go again! I've been trying to get the October 31st issue all morning. It downloads to 100%, but never installs. After downloading it says "Paused". When I click to un-pause it, it just begins the download all over again. I've tried it on 2 different touchpads now. Anyone else have this problem? I wonder if it's related to the webos update? I have installed the update on both our touchpads.
    Sports Illustrated is having the same issues, seems like Time Inc. has to fix it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast