Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xebec01
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    When viewing a book in the Kindle App, I cannot find a way to get back to the library screen. There is supposed to be a button in the upper left hand corner, but the book title is in the way.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is there another way to close to the book that you are reading and return to the library screen?

Thanks,

- X
    On mine there is a little icon that looks like 3 books with one leaning right before the title of the book. It doesn't look like a button. I hit that and I go back to the library page. Are you saying this icon is not there?
    Brian
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    while reading a book the extra icons and stuff go away. tap the screen once (i usually do it near the bottom) and the buttons reappear - the screen brightness, text size, and that little 3 book icon.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I see this icon, but it is covered by the text of the book title. This has happened on two different books, and on two different installations of the app. Touching on the icon has no effect. I'll try to upload a screenshot.

I guess I'm the only one experiencing this at the moment...

-X
    Does this happen in both Portrait and Landscape modes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    On mine, both portrain and landscape, tap on the top or bottom in the center edge of the screen.

Is there a way to delete a book in the TP? Haven't figured that out.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    Ah ha! I had rotation lock on. I turned off rotation lock and rotated to landscape and the button was usable. I turned back to portrait and the title of the book moved to the center-top and the button was usable.

It must have something to do with rotation lock. Thanks for the solution!

- X
    Peep likes this.
    the menu comes up if you tap anywhere in the middle 1/3 of the screen

that is if you imagine the screan divided into thirds by 2 vertical lines the middle 1/3 is what brings up the menu

tap anywhere else, top or bottom doesn't matter, and it will just turn the page
    Might want to report that to Amazon, too. I hear they are continuing to update the Kindle app, it has received at least one update since I downloaded it originally.

Also, ask them to make it MORE OBVIOUS. lol
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: