Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I know there are at this point 3 reviews up, but would love to hear more about the app before purchasing.

beta testers opinions? What's good needs work? Etc
    Last edited by sjjones; 09/12/2011 at 07:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    like to hear more opinions then just one user, especially opinions of the beta testers who have been using it for a time.
    Last edited by sjjones; 09/12/2011 at 08:13 AM.
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    4 is too much for an app that seems to be missing features and where the article notes that:

As Geoff has said in his latest blog update, though, he still isn't quite finished with it and updates might still be incoming if enough people demand something specifically, but he's going to take a break for a little while to let it all soak in before jumping back on the development wagon.
    I'd also be interested in hearing some testimonials.

Is this app capable of replacing Spaz?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    With respect to the developer, if $1500 was donated for the app's development earlier this year, why are users being charged 4 for it?

That's a huge amount of money for any app, let alone one which judging by feedback is missing key features.

I do want a replacement for Spas HD but this won't be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelargeportion View Post
    With respect to the developer, if $1500 was donated for the app's development earlier this year, why are users being charged 4 for it?
    People who donated are getting promo codes, I believe.

That's a huge amount of money for any app, let alone one which judging by feedback is missing key features.

Whoever donated $5 or more has received or will be receiving a promo code; I received mine earlier today.

Also, I believe the donations were to help the developer get devices to test his new apps on, i.e. TouchPad, Veer, Pre 3, etc.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    what a waste, anyone else having trouble posting to facebook just getting the spinning dodad "sending post" , deleted app it re installed, tried to contact developer through his email address link, no go.

** yes i do have internet access
    I sent the developer a tweet about the FB problem - apparently it's a bug that will be fixed shortly.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    just got the answer from the developer

"There's a little bug in the app. To work around it, go to Preferences and check the "real names" checkbox. You can turn it off after that if you want"
    Last edited by sjjones; 09/12/2011 at 09:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts

Sorry but $1500 to develop an app is NOT a huge amount. Its a drop in the bucket to maybe get a concept worked out. Any worthwhile well thought out, well written app costs many many times that amount to develop. How many labor hours do you really think $1500 will buy and how much of an app would it pay for to develop?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Hopefully the developer will support and develop it some more. Right now it feels like a beta (and a much earlier one than Spaz HD).

It could do with the ability to view details/profiles/pictures on Facebook, and an Exhibition mode would be nice.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The idea is awesome, the way it is layed out is very nice too. But indeed it is very buggy, slow and misses some functionality. Even with the fix posted here I can't post comments etc to Facebook. And replying to a tweet (combined with a corresponding facebook post) shows @<fb-username> instead of @<twitter-username>