1.    #1  
    I have many paid apps from the HP apps store.

If I buy another Touchpad and add it to my webOS account,,
    can the new Touchpad share all paid apps that I currently have?

Or can it only share the apps that I buy after the new Touchpad
    is added to my webOS account?

thanks!
    If they are on separate profile accounts, then no. If you use the same profile, all apps transfer over.
    Yes, if you have them on the same account, they will be listed as "free" in the HP app catalog for you to download in the second TP.
    To clarify:

The apps you have already bought will automatically download on your new TouchPad after you complete profile activation, and as thatdude90210 mentioned, any apps that you buy after the second TouchPad is activated, can be found in the catalog with a free download.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    To clarify:

The apps you have already bought will automatically download on your new TouchPad after you complete profile activation, and as thatdude90210 mentioned, any apps that you buy after the second TouchPad is activated, can be found in the catalog with a free download.
    Does this also apply between a pre and a touchpad?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    To clarify:

i have had my tp since the firesale. and i use it daily. i have several apps i have purchased.

for Christmas, i bought both my mom and my dad touchpads.

are you guys saying that i should register their touchpads under my account, and that will give all three devices access to the same apps? without purchasing them again?

or will the only be available to one device at a time?

for instance.. angry birds.. I've purchased seasons and Rio hd versions. all three will be able to run them simultaneously?
    Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    are you guys saying that i should register their touchpads under my account, and that will give all three devices access to the same apps? without purchasing them again?
    The idea behind letting you buy one app and have it on multiple devices is so you--and you alone--can have those apps on your smartphone and Touchpad(s).

It's not so you can attach your profile to devices you're giving away so they can have all the apps you purchased. You're basically cheating the developers out of revenue at a time when webOS is already widely seen by developers as a platform not worth supporting because the money isn't there. Want more applications on the Touchpad? Support the developers.

P.S. They'll also get your contacts, you'll get their contacts, and you'll all get the other information that gets backed up as well.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post
    The idea behind letting you buy one app and have it on multiple devices is so you--and you alone--can have those apps on your smartphone and Touchpad(s).

It's not so you can attach your profile to devices you're giving away so they can have all the apps you purchased. You're basically cheating the developers out of revenue at a time when webOS is already widely seen by developers as a platform not worth supporting because the money isn't there. Want more applications on the Touchpad? Support the developers.

P.S. They'll also get your contacts, you'll get their contacts, and you'll all get the other information that gets backed up as well.
    well, as you can see from my post.. i DO support the developers.

thus the reason i have "several apps i have purchased"

i'm not cheating anyone out of anything.

if they don't have to buy the apps, there is no reason to. if they do have to buy them, then they will. it's not a big deal. they are 5 bucks and under.

i have $500 programs that can be on only one computer, and i have $500 programs that can be on up to three computers.

you don't know unless you ask.

i saw a thread, i asked a question.

thanks for answering
    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post
    You're basically cheating the developers out of revenue at a time when webOS is already widely seen by developers as a platform not worth supporting because the money isn't there. Want more applications on the Touchpad? Support the developers.
    You can jump up and down that soapbox as much as you like, but it's supposed to be the other way around.
    More devs > More apps > More users

If more devs had shown an interest to hop on board, webOS wouldn't be here.
    Too bad for the devs that did invest, but let's not pin this on the user.
    webOS is just moronic that way.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Does this also apply between a pre and a touchpad?
    Yes - I set up my TP with the same profile as my Pre and my apps became available after that.
    To clarify, apps between multiple TouchPads with the same webOS profile will be transferred and you will not need to pay again for an app that was purchased previously, even if the use deletes this app from the original TouchPad.

This functionality IS NOT exactly the same between webOS phones and the TouchPad. This is because developers need to check apps as phone and tablet compatible. There are some apps that are available for webOS phones but not the TouchPad and vice versa, though this is the exception rather than the rule.

Also, particularly when it comes to paid apps, sometimes you have to pay separately for the phone version and the tablet version. Examples would be: KalemSoft Media Player and Picsel Smart Office. This is up to the developer of the app, not HP.
    I am, therefore I think