Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    hello guys, I've a Dreambox ,the best sat player (linux based) you know about it for sure....

like for iPad , we want an App to view streaming channel live from our Dreambox.

http://itunes.apple.com/it/app/dream...0l3Vy&ct=vb_wn

please.
    - HP Veer --
    migu_be likes this.
    yes the main problem is.. what format is the stream.. i couldnt find any information about it.

webOs standard player only supports a few formats like mp4. If the format is correct it would much easier.. ,

The API itself is rather easy due to its XML results.

Enigma2:WebInterface

You can see it in this wiki entrie.

Practicly you have to get a list of the boquets and display the entries when selected. Then when you select the actual (non-hd) channel you use the internal ID to request the stream and pass it to the webOS player.

Thats all.

But only if the stream has the right format. If not.. i really dont know how to implement it..

I am looking forward to such an app..would be great.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin2k View Post
    yes the main problem is.. what format is the stream.. i couldnt find any information about it.

webOs standard player only supports a few formats like mp4. If the format is correct it would much easier.. ,

The API itself is rather easy due to its XML results.

Enigma2:WebInterface

You can see it in this wiki entrie.

Practicly you have to get a list of the boquets and display the entries when selected. Then when you select the actual (non-hd) channel you use the internal ID to request the stream and pass it to the webOS player.

Thats all.

But only if the stream has the right format. If not.. i really dont know how to implement it..

I am looking forward to such an app..would be great.

so i must check only if the right stream format is MP4 ?

mmmhhh
    - HP Veer --
    i did it for you.. the sd channels are in mpeg1 and mpeg2

the HD channels are in h264 mpeg4.

I will try soon just a test app with the stream link to see if it will load.
    the browser of webOS just opens an infinite download if i feed him with the stream link
    I was seriously thinking of purchasing a Dreamcast to get into the satellite hobby. My question is: is it useful in North America? My understanding is that it is made for German and European consumption.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin2k View Post
    i did it for you.. the sd channels are in mpeg1 and mpeg2

the HD channels are in h264 mpeg4.

I will try soon just a test app with the stream link to see if it will load.
    the browser of webOS just opens an infinite download if i feed him with the stream link
    ohhh Great ! You can so compile an app and put on Catalog too
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    ohhh Great ! You can so compile an app and put on Catalog too
    i dont get it i tried now the test app with the standard video player of webOS and feed him with normal mp4 videos on the internet. That works.. But when i give him the mpeg4 stream from the dreambox.. nothing happens..

so sadly i have to inform you that i dont see it possible to make such an app for webOS...

perhaps if someone tells me how to give an URL to other players like KameoSoft..
    This can't be the end of it. Please, someone got to do it!
    +1

please.....
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
  10.    #10  
    any idea ?????
    - HP Veer --
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    push

;o)
    i dont get it i tried now the test app with the standard video player of webOS and feed him with normal mp4 videos on the internet. That works.. But when i give him the mpeg4 stream from the dreambox.. nothing happens..

so sadly i have to inform you that i dont see it possible to make such an app for webOS...

perhaps if someone tells me how to give an URL to other players like KameoSoft..
    The Touchpad doesn't support streams with a bitrate higher than a certain threshold and it also doesn't support certain settings of the h264 codec. So not every h264 mpeg4 stream will work.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Don't know if any of this helps, but I have a discussion on this topic here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...s-devices.html
    There is some hardware out there that may help, (namely the Haupaugge Broadway) but it's pricey ($200)
    Unless we get VLC to be compiled, the only app that plays more formats is Kalemsoft player but it can't open steams.

(I could not get touchplayer to work)

Could we mount the dbox stream in Linux to access it directly from Kalmesoft player?

tx
  15.    #15  
    Unless we get VLC to be compiled, the only app that plays more formats is Kalemsoft player but it can't open steams.

(I could not get touchplayer to work)

Could we mount the dbox stream in Linux to access it directly from Kalmesoft player?

tx
    good idea .

I have the Dreambox but I don't know where begin

- HP Veer --
    good idea .

I have the Dreambox but I don't know where begin

the touchplayer could do it. At least it`s working with BHomePlus streaming a SD video recorded with a dm800. HD videos don`t run smooth, though.
    any idea ?????
    some time ago I ported mplayer and I was able to play streams from my receiver (not Dreambox, but different Enigma2 based linux box) ... result was not very good - since there is no accelerated 2D graphics (SDL video via framebafer only) so it wasn't good enough even for SD channels (MPEG2 strems) ... maybe 10-15fps So I gave up for the time being ...
    Touchplayer is also based on mplayer,no? It looks to work with sd mpeg2... Tx
    Just made some preliminary tests with mplayer (coming with the excellent touchplayer).
    Streaming works from an old DM 7020S (enigma) using the same process as with vlc on a PC.
    Have to do more tests to try to adjust the image size and some issues like audio/video delay.
    Last edited by guynux; 12/12/2011 at 08:37 AM.
    Ubuntu (PC) / Debian (NsLu2 thx rwhitby) / HP TouchPad
    Great! Let me know if I can try too?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast