Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm craving some Sonic the Hedgehog and Altered Beast and the like right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeLite View Post
    I'm craving some Sonic the Hedgehog and Altered Beast and the like right now...
    yes please, and RBI baseball
    What about Streets of Rage!!! quality game!!!
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    well i guess it depends on how badly people want it. there is/was a guy working on one. but he apparently stopped b/c he didnt have access to a touchpad to further develop it

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...emulation.html

(see post # 5)
    It wouldn't take too many of us throwing in say $10 to get him a Touchpad. (I know an Aus online retailer has 16GB models for $250). Worth trying? He seems like a worthy recipient, stays in touch with the userbase and provides ongoing support & updates.
    +1
    If this thread represents the total interest in Genesis emulation, our chances are not good.

Nearly 250 thread views though... now if just 10% of those people were willing to pledge $10 (AUD, USD, whatever) towards a donated Touchpad, we may convince Robert to bring his emulators to the platform. I'm willing. 24 more people and we could be cooking. Lurkers, speak up.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruso View Post
    If this thread represents the total interest in Genesis emulation, our chances are not good.

Nearly 250 thread views though... now if just 10% of those people were willing to pledge $10 (AUD, USD, whatever) towards a donated Touchpad, we may convince Robert to bring his emulators to the platform. I'm willing. 24 more people and we could be cooking. Lurkers, speak up.
    I'm in! Um... How do we do this?

We could probably get one from eBay for $200... That's what I bought mine for. And it came with the HP Folio case and a screen protector ^_^
    I'd be willing to donate
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    few questions, what country does he reside in?

and does he already have a donation site set up? it might carry more weight/get more donations if he set something up from his own site.

it would probably also be easier to spread the word so to speak. especially if people knew it was 100% going to him.
    Good points, ccx. I'll contact him via his site, and see if it's worth pursuing.

(Hello there iprice!)

[edit] I've sent an email to him, firstly asking if he's interested in this happening, and then putting forward some ideas including putting a 'Touchpad donation' link directly on his site. I'll report back.
    Last edited by gruso; 09/20/2011 at 11:34 PM.
    I am also curious about this. The Snes app is great
    Hi Gruso

Fancy seeing you here :P
    My published and impending WebOS apps -