Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Netflix just updated for android as we still wait with our #2 device...

Nexflix app finally compatible with Android 2.2 and 2.3 devices

Silverlight is obviously not the problem. Just getting to the API prolly is.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Netflix already said no Touchpad app is in the works.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Netflix already said no Touchpad app is in the works.
    Can Netflix attract more new customers by coming up with a new app for the Touchpad?
    The answer is mostly likely NO. Will having such an app prevent exisiting Nexflix
    subscribers from calling to cancel? Probably also NO.
    no honeycomb yet?
    Netflix lost starz contract, why don't you lobby Dish who is launching in Oct with the old Blockbuster service (with starz content reportedly)? Now there's an idea.

"...On Thursday, Starz announced that it had ended negotiations with Netflix. Starz is responsible for most of the new releases from studios like Sony and Disney on the streaming service.

Bloomberg reports that Starz is expected to be part of the new Dish/Blockbuster offering. ..."
    Seems to me Netflix is due for a little comeuppance. This competition is welcome news.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGNOIZE View Post
    no honeycomb yet?
    I was wondering about that earlier.

Even if a fully-working Android Foryo or Honeycomb can be installed on the Touchpad,
    it doesn't mean the Netflix app will work. I have a couple of Android smartphones and
    Netflix app only worked on one. (until Netflix released an update that allowed both of
    my Android smartphones to use Netflix)

If the Netflix app sees that the Android OS is being installed on an "unauthorized"
    tablet like the Touchpad, it may very well block access.
    Netflix works just fine on my Honeycomb tablet. I had to hack it to make it work, but it works.
    I wonder...when we get a remote desktop solution we can get Netflix?

Maybe if someone could port firefox (open source) which supports siverlight then we can get Netflix that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post

Maybe if someone could port firefox (open source) which supports siverlight then we can get Netflix that way.
    I feel like a Splashtop spokesperson (I'm always talking about it on these forums) but yeah when Splashtop releases you should indeed be able to watch netflix remotely.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    seems stupid since the netflix app was close to done according to reports, but since they bumped up their monthly prices and are going to do it again to push more people to stream only option by the end of the year I no longer find it of value. I switched and got a hulu+ pass and actually love it. Netflix was nice for a while but I just didn't take use of it after a few months bc I saw most everything I wanted. That said I hope they change their mind bc choice is always good!
    you can use playon with the touchpad it has netflix works good just install the software on your computer and go to this link in your touchpad m.playon.tv
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    I was wondering about that earlier.

Even if a fully-working Android Foryo or Honeycomb can be installed on the Touchpad,
    it doesn't mean the Netflix app will work. I have a couple of Android smartphones and
    Netflix app only worked on one. (until Netflix released an update that allowed both of
    my Android smartphones to use Netflix)

If the Netflix app sees that the Android OS is being installed on an "unauthorized"
    tablet like the Touchpad, it may very well block access.
    This is why I shrug my shoulders every time someone mentions Netflix and Android in the same sentence. I have Netflix working on my Android tablet. I had to hack it to work (like Hulu on webOS). It is buggy, unstable, and I don't have any support to complain to about it because it is a hack. However at least it is there.

At the same time I will accept a hack from the webOS community if that is what it takes to get Netflix to work on webOS. Shouldn't there be a way to "convert" Netflix over to webOS since Android and webOS have the same underlying operating system (Linux)? Maybe the homebrew community and the newly acquired TouchDroid community could get together to work on a Davlik shell for webOS? If they can get Ubuntu to run in a card (which is slick, I might add) then they can do pretty much anything in my book. I definitely don't need or want the Android OS, just the apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post

ceveret3, you can use Playon to get Netflix on webOS through the browser, if you want to use a computer to serve it to your TouchPad. I started a thread about that back in late July.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...media-fix.html

Most of us are trying to cut the cord and us our TouchPad as stand alone devices (without the need for a computer) as much as possible.