Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #1  
    hi. I have a single Google Apps account which has a number of calendars. One of the good things about the Pre's calendar was the wah that it dealt well with this, but the Touchpad's calendar app seems to have taken a step back, in that it will only allow me to create events in the account's primary calendar - the others appear read-only.

    Any ideas? I have I missed something?
    thanks
  2. Bryan_'s Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yes you are missing that you can select which calendar to add a new event to. Below 'Event Name' and 'Event Location' you should see the name of the current calendar. Look to the right hand side for the black triangle to push that allows you to choose which calendar you would like to submit to.
  3. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan_ View Post
    Yes you are missing that you can select which calendar to add a new event to. Below 'Event Name' and 'Event Location' you should see the name of the current calendar. Look to the right hand side for the black triangle to push that allows you to choose which calendar you would like to submit to.
    But in that drop-down there are only two options:
    - Personal (which is the primary google calendar for that google account)
    - the HP account.

    Additionally, if I click on an event from a calendar other than "Personal", it appears read-only, as though it's somebody else's event that I've been invited to.
  4. #4  
    Make sure when you setup the account in the accounts app that you use the exact same account that appears as owner of the calendar in Google web interface. webOS doesn't support alias's so they have to match to be considered to belong to you.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  5. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Make sure when you setup the account in the accounts app that you use the exact same account that appears as owner of the calendar in Google web interface. webOS doesn't support alias's so they have to match to be considered to belong to you.
    Surely if it was the wrong account name then the primary ("personal") calendar wouldn't appear either? I can see all of the others, but read-only.

    This worked on the Pre's calendar :-/
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    Surely if it was the wrong account name then the primary ("personal") calendar wouldn't appear either? I can see all of the others, but read-only.

    This worked on the Pre's calendar :-/
    No, this is not the case. All the calendars are in their own account. Like Frantid said, open the Accounts app & add all the accounts that you have calendars in. Make sure you have the calendar toggle set on for each one. After adding & configuring each account, all your calendars should be available.
  7. KnightNZ's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #7  
    My calendar has started showing duplicate entries for whole-day events, the odd thing is that it's separating the duplicates by 2 days though. Tres bizarre.
  8. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    No, this is not the case. All the calendars are in their own account. Like Frantid said, open the Accounts app & add all the accounts that you have calendars in. Make sure you have the calendar toggle set on for each one. After adding & configuring each account, all your calendars should be available.
    Yes, this really is the case. I have only one Google account, but I have many google calendars. It's possible that Google may handle things internally by creating dummy accounts for the others, but if so then I certainly don't have any login details for them. On the Pre, I entered those login details and it Just Worked. On the Touchpad, it doesn't. This may be due to a change in the way that WebOS handles things, or it may be due to a change at Google's end (since I stopped using my Pre some time ago).
  9. #9  
    Did you create the account on the TP using the same email address that is used to create the web account? Is this a google apps account or a regular user account?
  10. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Did you create the account on the TP using the same email address that is used to create the web account? Is this a google apps account or a regular user account?
    It's an apps account, and it's been around much longer than the Touchpad.

    Google Calendar does internally treat these other calendars differently - almost as though they belong to other accounts and I am subscribed to them with full privileges - but they were definitely created by that account.

    I have a suspicion that something changed on Google's end about how they handle multiple calendars a couple of years ago, and that this is a legacy. Works on Android phones, though, and worked on the Pre.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    It's an apps account, and it's been around much longer than the Touchpad.

    Google Calendar does internally treat these other calendars differently - almost as though they belong to other accounts and I am subscribed to them with full privileges - but they were definitely created by that account.

    I have a suspicion that something changed on Google's end about how they handle multiple calendars a couple of years ago, and that this is a legacy. Works on Android phones, though, and worked on the Pre.
    Do you have an id that uses @gmail.com? Have you tried using that one instead?
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  12. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Do you have an id that uses @gmail.com? Have you tried using that one instead?
    I do, but my google calendars don't live there - so I'm not sure that it would be useful?
    (or am I missing something?)
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    I do, but my google calendars don't live there - so I'm not sure that it would be useful?
    (or am I missing something?)
    No I was hoping there was another gmail associated from that same id. You entered your full domain with your username and not gmail.com? It should work, you might ask your google apps administrator to make sure you are listed as an editor or owner of the calendars.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by swaldman View Post
    Yes, this really is the case. I have only one Google account, but I have many google calendars. It's possible that Google may handle things internally by creating dummy accounts for the others, but if so then I certainly don't have any login details for them. On the Pre, I entered those login details and it Just Worked. On the Touchpad, it doesn't. This may be due to a change in the way that WebOS handles things, or it may be due to a change at Google's end (since I stopped using my Pre some time ago).
    No, what I meant was your profile calendar is tied to your HP profile account and your google calendars are tied to your google account(s). It sounded like you were thinking that all your calendars were tied to your HP profile. Seeing your later posts, I misunderstood you, sorry.
  15. swaldman's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    No I was hoping there was another gmail associated from that same id. You entered your full domain with your username and not gmail.com? It should work, you might ask your google apps administrator to make sure you are listed as an editor or owner of the calendars.
    Hmm. I am my own administrator (it's a one-user Apps domain)... I can definitely edit & create events in all calendars from the web interface (and from the Android app). Is there anything else I can do as admin?

    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    No, what I meant was your profile calendar is tied to your HP profile account and your google calendars are tied to your google account(s). It sounded like you were thinking that all your calendars were tied to your HP profile. Seeing your later posts, I misunderstood you, sorry.
    No problem.

    Thanks for all the suggestions, folks. Sounds like nobody else has this difficulty, which makes me think it's some sort of legacy issue from an old Apps account... not really worth nuking calendars for, etc., just for the TP ;-)
  16. #16  
    Try this, I thought I saw this problem before:

    http://forums.precentral.net/2947175-post18.html
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch

Posting Permissions