Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 3FLi
  1.    #1  
    I'd love a better PDF reader that has better zoom, file organizing, word find, and the ability to highlight and add notes.
    PrplHaz4 and bloodycape77 like this.
    +1
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I almost cried yesterday when I opened a pdf on my new TP, just to see how fast I could zoom and pan around...only to find out you can't zoom in very far!!!! I can do more with my phone!
    See the following thread for a way to increase the resolution when zooming in:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html
    ++1
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    I've never purchased an app from app catalog. I use my TP to eliminate 30 lbs of textbooks from my backpack so a good PDF app with chapter indexing (similar to foxedit) would be an easy buy for me.
    it is quite simple that the ONLY PDF reader needs to be expdf from the android and ios platform. I have this and I download and read and highlight All my PDF files with ease.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamdog30 View Post
    it is quite simple that the ONLY PDF reader needs to be expdf from the android and ios platform. I have this and I download and read and highlight All my PDF files with ease.
    Are you using it on a Touchpad?
    +1
    A pdf reader just with the ability to jump to pages and highlight would do the trick for me.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    you can jump pages with crappy adobe but no book marks or highlighting
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    +1

Would also like to have a two page view with horizontal swipe to browse pages.

Wim
    Touchpad 32GB and German O2 unlocked Palm Pre sharing the same profile
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    it is interesting that we are four months away from touchpad release and the PDF issue remains unresolved--or at least unresolved for most users not interested in complex workarounds. The touchpad needs a better PDF viewer w note taking and annotation and highlighting capabilities. Maybe someday.....
    I got an email from them yesterday.

they mentioned support just for viewing PDFs but nothing about annotation. Interestingly, they also mentioned coming out with an update in a few weeks after initial launch.

we should all pitch in and try to get them to include annotation abilities to their PDF reader. This may be the killer app a lot of us have been waiting for!
    Quote Originally Posted by felixdd View Post
    I got an email from them yesterday.

they mentioned support just for viewing PDFs but nothing about annotation. Interestingly, they also mentioned coming out with an update in a few weeks after initial launch.

we should all pitch in and try to get them to include annotation abilities to their PDF reader. This may be the killer app a lot of us have been waiting for!
    Who are you referring to? Adobe?
    I would agree with everything said here and add by saying book support i.e. Viewing two related pages at the same time(comes in handy for charts and images that span two pages).