Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    In case anyone is interested, an awesome update for the TouchPad port has just been released.

ScummVM :: Forums :: View topic - HP TouchPad-specific port

Controls and other info in the first post.
    Peep, m0ngr31, dmcccdmn and 1 others like this.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Oh, man. I'm excited!
    looks cool, where can we get the games? I sure can't find the original floppies or whatever.
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    looks cool, where can we get the games? I sure can't find the original floppies or whatever.
    There's a couple freeware games on the site: Where to get the games - ScummVM :: Wiki

As to all the other games... they're pretty easy to get hold of through illegitimate means, lol. Really, who can feel guilty over 20 year old games out of print.
    Peep likes this.
    thanks, which version of the games do we choose and how do they get accessed by the app?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    bluenote, any version of the games will work as long as long as they are PC. Brings back a lot of good memories playing the old Sierra and Lucasarts games again!
    works fine with my bluetooth keyboard. arrow and function keys dont work though.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    bluenote, any version of the games will work as long as long as they are PC. Brings back a lot of good memories playing the old Sierra and Lucasarts games again!
    so downloading an .exe file to scumm directory on touchpad is enough or are there additional steps?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    you'll have to copy the entire game directory in there.
    Playing Leisure Suit Larry 1 remake. Brings back memories Works really well with a tablet, almost as if it was made for it.
    Hey guys I'm the author of the Touchpad port. Glad you're enjoying it! ScummVM is one of the handful of apps I can't live without. But between that, an SSH Client, a VNC Client, and a Plex Client, I figured ScummVM would be best for my first foray into WebOS development ;-).

If anyone is up to helping, one of the things I need to do before I offer my port to the official ScummVM team is test the non-multi-touch build on a non-multi-touch webOS device... Which I don't have. If any of you ScummVM fans are up to it and have such a device, please get in touch!
    sofauxboho and Peep like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFrost View Post
    If anyone is up to helping, one of the things I need to do before I offer my port to the official ScummVM team is test the non-multi-touch build on a non-multi-touch webOS device... Which I don't have. If any of you ScummVM fans are up to it and have such a device, please get in touch!
    Umm, all webOS devices are multi touch.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFrost View Post
    Hey guys I'm the author of the Touchpad port. Glad you're enjoying it! ScummVM is one of the handful of apps I can't live without. But between that, an SSH Client, a VNC Client, and a Plex Client, I figured ScummVM would be best for my first foray into WebOS development ;-).

all the webOS devices are multi-touch, but I'd be happy to beta test. I've got just about every sierra and lucasarts game ever made
    They ALL are?! Sheezus, apparently I should have done some research. I've been killing myself over supporting both for nothing. In that case, give me a bit and I may be able to eliminate the need for separate ports
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I just tried your ipk on my Pre2, and it runs great. I'm not sure if you need to put any more work into it
    Hey tom. Can the virtual keyboard be used at all? thanks .

never mind . got it. great job!
    Last edited by bobbymd7; 09/10/2011 at 08:40 PM.
    Thanks just tried Sam and Max Hit the Road, nice to see these old games get new life, they are so creative.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    that's one of the best games ever made bluenote! I laughed so much playing that when I was a kid
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If anyone was using my scummvm touchpad version, switch to this one, way better than my little hack.

You can also buy games on gog.com
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I downloaded it to try. I did not like the fact that you have to move the arrow over a button before you can press the button. So, I uninstalled it.

Alan
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast