Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree14Likes
    Hello everyone,

i'm new to this community (and a newbee using webos), so at first hi to everyone!

my question: i cannot access the menu while playing and skip any cutscenes by using the 2 finger swipe. (the swipe is using 2 fingers an moving from left to right or right to left, isn't it?). what am i doing wrong? nobody complained about this, so am i the only one not able to enter the menu while playing? i tried it with sam and max an monkey island 1.

please help, i really woulf love to play those old classics on my new touchpad.

(by the way, i am no native speaker, so sorry for my unperfect english)
    Are you using the newest version linked in this thread?

If not here's the link: http://seriouslyslick.com/scummvm/co...4.0007_all.ipk

If so, it's a 2 finger swipe down for the menu, 2 to the right to toggle the jump to touch cursor mode and 2 to the left to skip cutscenes (basically ESC).

The previous beta version that ended in 5 didn't have this.

Hopefully this helps.
    Long live webOS!
    thanks mlb14! i had the wrong version (used the one on teh scumm website)

now everything works just fine.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I couldn't let this fall to the second page without more people enjoying it first
    The updated version is sooo much nicer! I didn't realize how old my version was until I updated it. I like that we can skip scenes and have access to menu.

Is anyone else finding that when they use the 'two swipe down from the top' menu access feature to go back to the pic a game screen, the screen gets smaller? The top and bottom half (about 3/4 inch worth) remains on whatever game I was playing. The new Scummvm window and game plays in the smaller area. Swiping out of the screen and restarting Scummvm fixes it, but removes the convenience of accessing the menu.
    running well on my pre3, tho the autodrag mode can be a toughie to get right due to the smaller screensize and me having bigass hands
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Worked great on my Pre2!!
    Last edited by m0ngr31; 09/26/2011 at 09:56 PM.
    ScummVM 1.4.0007 and full throttle at the mine road there is no way to switch weapons. I have tried in Touchpad mode and regular mode. a simple left click(single tap) should change the weapons but it doesn't. any known work around or other control / left click implementation to get this to work?

I was looking in to this as a potention work around.
    scummvm-android-touchmod - A version of the android port of scummvm with a touchpad-style control scheme - Google Project Hosting

any thoughts?
    Fixed the Full Throttle weapon switch bug. Preparing for the merge with the official codebase, the version number has been reset back to 1.4.0000. See the same ScummVM thread for the link.
    Ooh can't wait. I loved full throttle.
    My gf will go crazy over it

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    First, thanks for the amazing work on this. Just got my touchpad (1month from order date) and am already in love, mainly because of scummVM.

After booting up monkey island 1 to no sound and a quick google told me all i needed to do was rip the audio from the CD I was laughin', but also noticed the work that has been done on the "Talkie edition". AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $only$ $work$ $on$ $a$ $slightly$ $modified$ $scummVM$, $but$ $was$ $wondering$ $how$ $much$ $work$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $to$ $patch$ $the$ $newest$ $webOS$ $port$ ($which$ $again$ $is$ $fantastic$!) $Talkie$ $project$ $thread$: Secret of Monkey Island - CD Talkie Edition Project - Page 9 - LucasForums

Again, thanks for all the work you've done! I'm new to the webOS community but so far I'm really impressed.
    Confirmed-- just kicked some cavefish hindquarters and crossed the gorge in FT . The game should be completable now.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff_punk View Post
    First, thanks for the amazing work on this. Just got my touchpad (1month from order date) and am already in love, mainly because of scummVM.

After booting up monkey island 1 to no sound and a quick google told me all i needed to do was rip the audio from the CD I was laughin', but also noticed the work that has been done on the "Talkie edition". AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $it$ $only$ $work$ $on$ $a$ $slightly$ $modified$ $scummVM$, $but$ $was$ $wondering$ $how$ $much$ $work$ $it$ $would$ $be$ $to$ $patch$ $the$ $newest$ $webOS$ $port$ ($which$ $again$ $is$ $fantastic$!) $Talkie$ $project$ $thread$: Secret of Monkey Island - CD Talkie Edition Project - Page 9 - LucasForums

Again, thanks for all the work you've done! I'm new to the webOS community but so far I'm really impressed.
    This was my response for the same request on the ScummVM forums:
    I am a dude of ridiculously limited free time, but if you can find me a patching guide or a git repo with the patch or anything like that and save me from needing to research this, I'll branch my port and merge it in.

Alternatively, our wiki here has a compile guide for the webOS version that's very very easy to follow . It's written for linux, but if you take the code from my port, it will also compile on mac. There's probably a way to get it to compile on Windows as well, but it might be easier to download a free copy of VirtualBox and Lubuntu and build yourself a lightweight compile environment.
    I don't know much about scummVM source or compiling it, but ill attach the patch file that I found, there was also a patch.diff that ill attach as an .txt to upload in case its needed. It looks like the patch is pretty simple, just to allow scumm to recognize another version of the game, and to read the speech file, but I don't know how much work it will translate to.

Is this patch file even enough info for you to patch your port? If not I dont mind digging through forums to get what you need, so you can make this happen at your leisure.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I could use a static patch file, but the problem with those is that they're not updates and there's no way to track and merge changes with them in git. If they have a git repository (and it sounds like they do-- I just couldn't find it quickly) then that would be much easier and more stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFrost View Post
    I could use a static patch file, but the problem with those is that they're not updates and there's no way to track and merge changes with them in git. If they have a git repository (and it sounds like they do-- I just couldn't find it quickly) then that would be much easier and more stable.
    It loos like there was a git rep at github which is linked to in the fan-patch thread on sourceforge (SourceForge.net: ScummVM: Detail: 3076698 - Support for MI1 and MI2 talkies (fan patches))

Unfortunately the link 404's.

Someone uploaded a new version of the patch.diff there yesterday though, but i'm guessing that doesnt change the situation.
    https://github.com/tsoliman/scummvm/...7105c#comments

Just found this, is that gonna do the trick?
    Just compiled an MI1/2 talkie-compatible version. This update also includes performance enhancements for smoother mouse movement . Again, the version number is staying 1.4.0000 in order to be inducted into the official ScummVM repository, but the link is a new version.

ScummVM :: Forums :: View topic - Updated WebOS port with new features. Now Touchpad-friendly!
    geekpeter likes this.
    Awesome! Required a device restart after uninstalling 1.4.0007 to get the new install to work properly, but once going its amazing. MI the way it was meant to be! Thanks a lot Tom.
    Also, I can confirm that mohawk is disabled as I still get the "Could not load game data" error. Also Gabriel Knight, both games that work in the latest build on my PC. Not urgent though cause Ive got MI talkies!
    Added the mohawk games in a new release . Cross-posting from the ScummVM forums for my disclaimer:
    I enabled the Mohawk games. Riven appears to be playing great, but my copy of the Myst Masterpiece Edition for Windows has audio without video. Again, this is an unsupported game so I'm not sure what it's normally capable of, but either this is incomplete or there's a library I'm missing. I haven't tried waiting past the Myst dialog to get further ingame, though. Either way, Riven works .
    Same link as above, for those interested. This release has no new improvements other than the enabling of these engines.
    Thank you so much for this Tom! Any donation links?
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345