Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFrost View Post
    Interesting! For debugging purposes, does Escape work?
    the HP keyboard doesnt have an escape key but im not using an HP keyboard and it doesnt work. my keyboard also has F1-F12 keys that dont work but theyre mapped as function keys so i dunno if theyd work regardless. its a motorola atrix bluetooth keyboard btw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hmm, not sure if I'll be able to lick the bluetooth keyboard issue, but I'll look into it.

In the meantime, this port now has Flac support! If you like it, say thanks to Kayahr, the author of the original WebOS port, for his key assistance. Same link, same filename
    as for the bluetooth keyboards, im just gonna assume even non official ones once "paired" up will act as whatever keyboard type webOS dictates? its why im just assuming even if the keyboard has an escape/FN keys it seems reasonable that webOS simply doesnt see them as it doesnt expect them.

if theres a fix tho then that would be awesome, in fact i have an old bluetooth keyboard for my ps3 somewhere in storage, might find it and try as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFrost View Post
    Hmm, not sure if I'll be able to lick the bluetooth keyboard issue, but I'll look into it.

In the meantime, this port now has Flac support! If you like it, say thanks to Kayahr, the author of the original WebOS port, for his key assistance. Same link, same filename
    You guys are gods lol :-)
    Long live webOS!
    Anyone get Broken Sword 1 to work? The initial cutscene plays ok, but if you tap anywhere or wait until the end of the cutscene, the app closes.

I tried KQ6 and it worked great. The only issue I had was the "save" option is grayed out so I can't save any games.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I tried KQ6 and it worked great. The only issue I had was the "save" option is grayed out so I can't save any games.
    the same thing happened in one of my games. I just had to use the in game menu to save
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    the same thing happened in one of my games. I just had to use the in game menu to save
    The problem is that when I try to bring it up, it disappears immediately.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I'll find my old KQ6 files tonight and give it a shot to see if I get the same thing.
    And if anyone has tried out Broken Sword 1, let me know if you get it working past the cutscene.

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I'll try that too
    And if anyone has tried out Broken Sword 1, let me know if you get it working past the cutscene.
    nicely reminded, need to download the cutscenes from the scummvm site.
    It's been a while since I've tried ScummVM at all - I assume that it is still unable to play Grim Fandango due to it being a totally different engine than Scumm? What an awesome game! Definitely my favorite of all time.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Yeah, unfortunately Grim Fandango is a no-go. Yeah it was an amazing game. One of 2 games I wish scummvm would play (the other is Quest for Glory 4).
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately Grim Fandango is a no-go. Yeah it was an amazing game. One of 2 games I wish scummvm would play (the other is Quest for Glory 4).
    Gimli makes Quest for Glory 4 so awesome. Grim Fandango wouldn't control very well on the touchpad anyways, so I'm not too disappointed. Residual runs Grim Fandango pretty well now (just some minor glitches) if your video card or OS or whatever is keeping you from enjoying the game on your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    as for the bluetooth keyboards, im just gonna assume even non official ones once "paired" up will act as whatever keyboard type webOS dictates? its why im just assuming even if the keyboard has an escape/FN keys it seems reasonable that webOS simply doesnt see them as it doesnt expect them.
    I've got my Apple Bluetooth keyboard paired to my Touchpad and the escape key does nothing in ScummVM. The escape key when its at the launcher just opens and closes the notification popup. The escape and function keys don't seem to map to the same keys as what is on the HP keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
    I've got my Apple Bluetooth keyboard paired to my Touchpad and the escape key does nothing in ScummVM. The escape key when its at the launcher just opens and closes the notification popup. The escape and function keys don't seem to map to the same keys as what is on the HP keyboard.
    how about your function keys? i know F5 or one of them used to popup the main menu, cant remember if the other prefs was F-Keys as well tho.
    Awesome! Loading it up now to test. Do you have a donation spot up and running. I'm definitely in for donating for the work.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    The problem is that when I try to bring it up, it disappears immediately.
    So I tried it on KQ6 and it worked great for me. I found a version of Broken Sword, but it was the "Directors Cut" and it didn't work in ScummVM. I'll try to find an older version or something.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    Gimli makes Quest for Glory 4 so awesome. Grim Fandango wouldn't control very well on the touchpad anyways, so I'm not too disappointed. Residual runs Grim Fandango pretty well now (just some minor glitches) if your video card or OS or whatever is keeping you from enjoying the game on your PC.
    Yeah, QFG 4 was just a solid game all around. Probably my favorite in the series. The VGA remake of the first was pretty epic as well though, so it's a close call.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Residual looks pretty sweet. I'll have to try it out. Maybe we need to port it over to webos
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast