Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I'll give it a test . If you keep developing this for webos, I'd be more than happy to donate one of my extra Pres to the cause.
    I'm having the no voice over problem as well after updating to the new version. The previous beta didn't have any audio problems in either Indiana Jones or Day of the Tentacle, but on the new version all I get is the music with no voice overs.
    Long live webOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb14 View Post
    I'm having the no voice over problem as well after updating to the new version. The previous beta didn't have any audio problems in either Indiana Jones or Day of the Tentacle, but on the new version all I get is the music with no voice overs.
    My originals of Indiana Jones/Atlantis and DOTT both work great and have voiceovers -- that issue definitely sounds like it could be flac. Are you 100% positive your sound files haven't been compressed? From what I can tell, most of the time when you get games through ... alternative means ... the sound files have already been compressed. Not that I'm saying that's you, just throwing out a possible cause

My DOTT version (when imported into ScummVM) is CD/English and my IJ:FoA is CD/DOS/English, if that helps to compare.
    Last edited by TomFrost; 09/12/2011 at 06:49 AM.
    Nope, that's definately me. My original CDs are still back at my parents' place on the other side of the country, so I don't have them around to rip the files from.

Mine display as CDs as well within Scumm. I'll just have to deal with it.
    Long live webOS!
    That's becoming more common a problem, I'm afraid... I'll spend a bit more time trying to get Flac to compile tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomFrost View Post
    That's becoming more common a problem, I'm afraid... I'll spend a bit more time trying to get Flac to compile tonight.
    That would be awesome man, but don't kill yourself over it.

As it stands, I'm sure everyone really appreciates all the work that has been put into this project.
    Long live webOS!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlb14 View Post
    That would be awesome man, but don't kill yourself over it.

As it stands, I'm sure everyone really appreciates all the work that has been put into this project.
    Absolutely. My offer still stands about giving you one of my extra Pre's if that'll help you make a better phone version as well.
    This might actually be the final webOS version anyway, if it works well on all webOS devices as-is . The only outstanding bits are compiling in more library support, but that doesn't change the code at all. But thank you for the offer and the many kind words!
    even with the keymapper enabled, my bluetooth keyboard doesnt seem to be fully functional. the ctrl, alt and the arrow keys still dont work.
    Interesting! For debugging purposes, does Escape work?
    hmm. Anyone know if The Dig and/or Full Throttle work? Those are the two I played and would love to play again.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Both work
    cool, last time I tried either of them on Scumm, which was about 4 years or so ago, both failed miserably. I'll have to dig them up!!!!!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    Oh my hell. This is awesome.

So i can DL the ipk and email it to myself and install?
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    cool, last time I tried either of them on Scumm, which was about 4 years or so ago, both failed miserably. I'll have to dig them up!!!!!
    Oh wow, four years? You're going to be floored when you see what it can handle now. They even merged with the FreeSCI team, and now support a ton of Sierra titles as well. I definitely recommend reading through their compatibility list . Those games can keep you busy for years

Quote Originally Posted by zoomy942 View Post
    Oh my hell. This is awesome.

So i can DL the ipk and email it to myself and install?
    Yep! Though the easier way, if you have preware installed, is just navigating to the site on your device and tapping the link. Preware will pick it up and install it on the spot
    This is AWESOME !!

All those adventure games I can now waste half my life playing on the Touchpad! WooHoo!
    Interesting! For debugging purposes, does Escape work?
    if u mean to skip cinematics, you just swipe 2 fingers from right to left and it skips.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if u mean to skip cinematics, you just swipe 2 fingers from right to left and it skips.
    I think the author of the port knows that
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    I think the author of the port knows that
    lol, indeed ;-). @geek, I was asking about the escape button on his bluetooth keyboard.
    lol, indeed ;-). @geek, I was asking about the escape button on his bluetooth keyboard.
    aye just there aint no escape keys on the official keyboard and i assumed "normal" keyboards would be the same, and afaikafaikafaik $escape$ $was$ $only$ $ever$ $used$ $for$ $skipping$ $cine$'$s$ $on$ $all$ $the$ $games$ $i$ $played$ $except$ $perhaps$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $new$ $engine$ $stuff$, $think$ $teh$ $menus$ $were$ $usually$ $F5$ $or$ $F$ $something$ $as$ $well$.

did he mean a non hp/webos keyboard?
    just brain farted and didnt know why the mention/need of escape

edit: also noticed 1 of my amiga cd32 games gets recognised as "Windows CDROM" game but runs anyways so no big deal tbh, works fine, might be related to downloading "better quality" audio files.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast