Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 100
Like Tree14Likes
  1. jedinat's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I downloaded it to try. I did not like the fact that you have to move the arrow over a button before you can press the button. So, I uninstalled it.
    Well maybe if you'd given it more than a 4 second chance you'd have discovered that you can switch between two control modes by swiping two fingers to the right... and the other mode moves the pointer to wherever your finger is!
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    Well maybe if you'd given it more than a 4 second chance you'd have discovered that you can switch between two control modes by swiping two fingers to the right... and the other mode moves the pointer to wherever your finger is!
    pretty sweet.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ngr31 View Post
    bluenote, any version of the games will work as long as long as they are PC. Brings back a lot of good memories playing the old Sierra and Lucasarts games again!
    they dont have to be pc versions, they can be mac, pc, amiga, atari, makes no difference they all work.
  4. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    they dont have to be pc versions, they can be mac, pc, amiga, atari, makes no difference they all work.
    Oops, thanks for the info!

    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    I downloaded it to try. I did not like the fact that you have to move the arrow over a button before you can press the button. So, I uninstalled it.

    Alan
    Your loss.
  5. #25  
    this version is a good one over the beta version released a while back ( http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3062679 )

    i have to keep both versions at present as the older beta plays thigns like discworld perfectly while the new one loses all the voiceovers, the new one does idd look better on a lot of titles esp when changing the renderer/gfx options but the older one runs more games without crashing.

    if the new one gets to the reliability level of the old beta then i can delete the old one, until then ill need to keep both.

    good work tho cheers.


    back to indie jones and atlantis, i started that so many times the first time around on the amiga but always got stuck not long after the same point when inside atlantis.

    THIS TIME!!!!! i wont fail..........maybe..

    also need to check some of my old CD32 titles, see if they can replace some text only versions i got.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    this version is a good one over the beta version released a while back ( http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3062679 )

    i have to keep both versions at present as the older beta plays thigns like discworld perfectly while the new one loses all the voiceovers, the new one does idd look better on a lot of titles esp when changing the renderer/gfx options but the older one runs more games without crashing.

    if the new one gets to the reliability level of the old beta then i can delete the old one, until then ill need to keep both.

    good work tho cheers.
    Have the voiceovers been compressed in your copy of discworld? The only thing I've changed beyond the controls and graphics is the FLAC processor. I couldn't get that decrepit old library to compile for the life of me, so it was left out of this version. If that's what's stopping you, grabbing another copy from the CD will solve it . If the files are too big, ogg and mp3 should both work for sound compression.

    Are there any other stability issues you've noticed in my port that weren't there in the original WebOS port? So far the only other issue I've heard of is an unreproducable crash at the start of The Dig, but I'm thinking that's probably FLAC as well since no one else has the issue.
  7. #27  
    ill have a bigger play once ive found more of my copies, as for the discworld thing i have no other "versions/copies" mp3/ogg etc to use, just copied 1 of my old cd's over and left it at that.

    works well tho so far, glad i dont have to remap keys again to skip titles, the 2 finger swipe left saves a lot of time.

    no bad stability issues yet, i did have to do a luna restart after 7th guest died on me and no ap would run afterwards, but thats onyl happened once so far, usually if something doesnt work it just crashes and you rerun back in np.

    edit: on discworld voices and sounds dont work for me, only the music.

    and i know the webos beta does it as well but it would be nice if you could return to launcher after stuff like discworld.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/11/2011 at 11:26 AM.
  8. #28  
    i have the dig, just tried, i get voices etc, no crash.
  9. #29  
    btw is it possible to use .ScummVM instead of ScummVM, seems a lot fo the audio media esp appears in my touchpads playlists, atm im installing games into .ScummVM and editing the scummvmrc file to change:

    browser_lastpath=/media/internal/ScummVM/Games
    savepath=/media/internal/ScummVM/Saves

    to

    browser_lastpath=/media/internal/.ScummVM/Games
    savepath=/media/internal/.ScummVM/Saves

    to avoid the media showing in my music player, same for screenshots in my pictures.
  10. #30  
    Thanks for this, its quite nice and runs smooth.

    I ran into two issues while playing Baphomets Fluch (Broken Sword). It runs fine but to save you have to enter a savegame name - but there is no keyboard. I didnt have much problem with that as I imported savegames I played on a windows machine before. So I already had some savegames to overwrite. But if you start the game without existing savegames youre boned...

    Second I am now stuck at a point in the game where I have to look at an hand-bag (why is hand-bag w/o - censored?). But in Broken Sword the only way to look at an item is by rightclicking. How do I do that?
  11. jedinat's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
       #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by dodnet View Post
    Thanks for this, its quite nice and runs smooth.

    I ran into two issues while playing Baphomets Fluch (Broken Sword). It runs fine but to save you have to enter a savegame name - but there is no keyboard. I didnt have much problem with that as I imported savegames I played on a windows machine before. So I already had some savegames to overwrite. But if you start the game without existing savegames youre boned...

    Second I am now stuck at a point in the game where I have to look at an hand-bag (why is hand-bag w/o - censored?). But in Broken Sword the only way to look at an item is by rightclicking. How do I do that?
    ScummVM :: Forums :: View topic - HP TouchPad-specific port

    Refer the the improvements section for control information. I think I mentioned this in the OP.
  12. #32  
    spacequest on touchpad?????!!!!
    Last edited by burchmanu; 09/11/2011 at 03:38 PM.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    ScummVM :: Forums :: View topic - HP TouchPad-specific port

    Refer the the improvements section for control information. I think I mentioned this in the OP.
    OMG... Im blind... works like a charm... thanks
  14. #34  
    do you just put the image files of the cds on the touchpad? Or do you need the extracted files?
  15. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by burchmanu View Post
    do you just put the image files of the cds on the touchpad? Or do you need the extracted files?
    You only need the files, no need to extract anything (or install the game).
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  16. #36  
    hmm...doesn't seem to work for me I have a game and copied the files over, but one of the directories is for the cd rom and it doesn't run for some reason??
  17. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    #37  
    What game is it? You'll have to copy the files from the cd-rom into a directory and try to use that
  18. #38  
    space quest 6 I've tried what you suggested, will continue to try.
  19. m0ngr31's Avatar
    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    #39  
    Can you post a screenshot of the directory you've copied from the cd?
  20. #40  
    Just made a new release with some bugfixes and new features Here an x-post from the ScummVM forums:

    Really really big update! ScummVM WebOS port 1.4.0007:

    - Touchpad mode is now DISABLED by default. Swipe two fingers to the right if you want it back on. There should be no mouse pointer on the screen when you start the app, now.

    - Unified the standard WebOS and Touchpad WebOS ports! This should now work wonderfully for all multitouch WebOS devices across the board, all with the same control scheme. To those who have been compiling the source, that means we're switching back to ./configure --host=webos instead of webos_tablet.

    - Fixed a nasty bug causing clicks to sometimes not register.

    - Fixed a nasty bug causing autodrag to kick in even when you moved far away from the initial tap point.

    - Enabled the keymapper, so bluetooth keyboards should now be fully supported

    - Added a new gesture: swipe three fingers down to quickly pause/unpause the game without opening the menu. This feature courtesy of my wife who waits until long, important soliloquies to start conversations with me. Please forgive the "Press spacebar to unpause..." message. That will work, of course, but another three-finger-swipe downwards will suffice.

    - Aspect ratio correction is now on by default for new users.

    - If something crazy happens, like the two-finger swipe left triggers a game pause or the keyboard triggers unexpected actions, use "Internalz" from preware to delete /media/internal/ScummVM/scummvmrc and then reinstall ScummVM. I highly highly doubt this will be an issue for anyone, but there's a small chance. Please do this before reporting any bugs


    All in all, I think this is our first major milestone. I'll call it RC1 ;-). Unless any major bugs pop up, I'll be sending a massive pull request to the ScummVM devs with this update.

    The new link: http://seriouslyslick.com/scummvm/co...4.0007_all.ipk
    If you have a WebOS device that isn't the touchpad, please test it and let me know how it works! I'd love some feedback before the pull request
    jedinat likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions