Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By texasflood
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys. Let's start a Free apps list for the touchpad? I hate paying for apps and finding them is quite hard. I'll start the list.

Angry Birds
    Bubble Birds
    USA today
    CNN cable News
    Solitaire
    TuneIn Radio
    Tanked
    Just Draw
    InterfaceLIFT HD
    FreeCam for touchpad
    Epicurious
    Robotek HD
    ShopEasy Lists!
    Khan Academy
    Freecell
    Pyramid
    Swarm
    Woodenigma
    Fall-E HD

This is what I have so far!

Please add on to this list!
    Umm..., all you have to do is clicking on the FREE button in the apps catalog. You don't need a list for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by imisim View Post
    Umm..., all you have to do is clicking on the FREE button in the apps catalog. You don't need a list for it.
    I think he's going more towards worthwhile free apps.
    'Pyramid' is a paid app. Unless you mean't 'Softick Pyramid HD'. Also, Fall-E-HD never owrks for me.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 09/09/2011 at 11:30 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    pReader is a good eReader app. You don't want the one in the App Catalog though, it's the older, SDK based app. You want to get pReader native either from preware or from the first post in the support thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html
    is there a list of non-Touchpad-optimized webOS apps
    that can fill up the full screen of the Touchpad? (not
    just a small smartphone size image)

Only FREE ones, of course
    Pong and Fidelity both are great free apps. Have a few others bot they were on my pre and have not been scaled and don't look for the to be.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Europeans there's a TV Guide called TV Guide, must have taken hours to think of the name.
    But it has a great UI, only appeared yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    there's a TV Guide called TV Guide, .
    Is this "TV Guide" to TV programming or is it a guide to TVs?

Or is the TV not a television?
    Quote Originally Posted by imisim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
    I think he's going more towards worthwhile free apps.
    Might be a good idea if some information about the apps is included, otherwise it's just a list like one can get already. I'll throw In a few as a start:

Wallpaper Switcheroo HD lite - switches your wallpaper on your chosen time interval. Lite has 50 images, $1.50 to upgrade to full version with 500 images.

LCARS-clock - Star Trek TNG panel style clock with alarm and sound effects, works in exhibition mode.

Tunein Radio - great internet streaming radio app.

Softick - has several Free HD games including Solitaire, Freecell and Pyramid.

Compass - well it's a compass, kind cool.

Voice recorder - just was it says.

NPR reader - useful way to keep up with NPR print and broadcast news.

USA Today - Print & video news.
    Here are some of the ones I like: (the names pretty much tell you what they do)

Dictionry Plus
    FlashCards Lite
    SWR3-Elchradio
    Glow hockey FREE
    Classic FM
    Crossword Light 2
    Nyan Cat HD (useless but addictive)
    Translator HD
    AudioScape: Drums, Piano
  12.    #12  
    Yeah. I'm just trying to figure out some game apps for everyone. Basically good free apps. Theres not that many. And i bet theres going to be less and less.

Do you think people from the preware will crack the games in the app store? Similar to those who jailbreak their Iphones?
    Quote Originally Posted by childlife1104 View Post
    Do you think people from the preware will crack the games in the app store? Similar to those who jailbreak their Iphones?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    No.
    "No" ???

webOS is harder than iOS and Android?
    Quote Originally Posted by childlife1104 View Post
    Yeah. I'm just trying to figure out some game apps for everyone. Basically good free apps. Theres not that many. And i bet theres going to be less and less.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    "No" ???

webOS is harder than iOS and Android?
    No, because the preware guys are creative open source advocate types, not pirates.
    Last edited by texasflood; 09/10/2011 at 04:16 PM.
    bluenote likes this.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Paper Basketball - Free is....free. And it TP res, not just scaled up phone stuff.
    Check out Paper Basketball Plus! A toss it / paper toss style game with achievements, timed mode, moving targets and more! Buy 1 app, use it on pixi / veer / pre / touchpad all in full resolution! It's neat. I swear. For reals.

http://bit.ly/moZYOq