Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #121  
    jdod, if you have the TouchPad version now, and you also have a phone that you want GVoice on, please do, and I'll get a promo code for you when they are available.

TheRealHotshot,

selecting an individual message does scroll it automatically to the bottom already?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    No when I click a message it starts from the top. I wish it would start from the bottom cause when I have long text msg its a hassle to scroll all the way to the bottom. And I too will be emailing you for a promo code to use on my pre 3.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
  3.    #123  
    TheRealHotshot, if your Pre3 is on the same webOS account as your TouchPad(s) you should be good to go right now.

I've only got one really long conversation in my recent history, so i'll make sure I get a few long ones in there, and test that out a few times, but in the one that i checked, it did scroll down to the bottom every time it refreshed that conversation, when it was selected. Are you up to date with the catalog version? I think that was fixed in the last one or two updates. It may be possible that this is something that I've fixed in my current development code, it seems like I was in that part of it recently, but I can't find when I changed it last at a quick glance.

So, if you are up to date with the catalog, and it's still doing that, then let me know when the next update comes up if that's still the case.

One thing that I've noted is really quite a PITA on phone, is that it's a problem entering numbers into the number input areas. It does at least turn numlock on now (in development ver), but it is a goal for me to get a virtual keypad on screen, but that's not coming this week, i know that much. Got too much stuff on my plate at the moment.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I'm waiting for my pre 3 now but I will be using the same webos account for my pre 3 as I do with my touchpad. I will do more testing to see if it auto scroll. I bought the app earlier this week like Monday. So I'll check to see which version I have.

5.    #125  
    Oh, yes, one thing you can do also, is tap the bottom or top bars to scroll to top or bottom of window.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Oh, yes, one thing you can do also, is tap the bottom or top bars to scroll to top or bottom of window.
    Okay I shall try that and report back later.

7.    #127  
    TheRealHotshot,

I have identified that the scrolling thing is not happening 100% like I'd expect. I'm planning on putting out the next update as soon as I'm not feeling so sick that I can barely move, so fixing that won't probably make it this time, but the scroll shortcuts do work, as well as tapping the conversation in the index again seems to work too.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Eblade thanks for addressing the issue I look forward to the update to fix my problem. Get well

9.    #129  
    Good news, I'm part way to getting the notifications-while-closed working and I have the Dashboards fixed.

Next problem -- The formatting changes with the message timestamps that I made on the last update really kind of.. don't work.. so well, on telephones. but neither did the old formatting. SO, what do ya'all think, if I remove the timestamp on individual messages, and attach it to the tap-menu, much like the Messaging app does?
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Is there a way to turn off or change the sound when I get a new message.

11.    #131  
    hmm. At the moment, no. Any time I've tried to change it to a different sound, i just end up getting the same sound, but ultra loud. I'll see if I can add a quick on/off to the sound, though, next time I'm in there so that gets in before the next program update. Not sure when that'll be, as I've got several little fiddly things to work on with the new notification stuff, so that it doesn't end up being a "yay, notifications work when the app is closed ... but they kinda suck now."

The one thing that does suck, and probably isn't going to change easily, is that the text-to-speech stuff can't be loaded when the app isn't running, so if you use TTS notifications, that won't work. I always like having it set so that it says "New Text Received". But , I do need to get it working so that contact information is available to it when not running the main app, and deal with some other things, such as it giving you notifications, but you tap, and the new messages haven't been loaded into the app yet, forcing you to hit Refresh anyway. Also, wanting to do significant testing on battery drainage having the message checking happening even when the main app isn't loaded.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  12.    #132  
    ok, the notification sound on/off thing hasn't worked for me yet. But I did just submit it with notification support while not running.

Due to changes in my real job situation, my testing processes have changed somewhat - rather than spend several days trying to hammer on every possible thing i can think of to make sure that it isn't broken, i've spent the last 3 weeks mostly just using the app in my real world situation, making notes and fixing and making adjustments whenever i notice something that isn't right.

SO, i need you guys who obviously all have vastly different uses for the app, to let me know how it goes. Please, and thank you.

As my note on my blog says, I've mostly moved to programming personal projects on weekends now, so the pace of development from the last few months is going to be different. Hopefully we're in a state now where this app does what everyone needs it to, now, though, so that will be less of a thing. I know there's still a lot of requests for things, and I'll try to get as many in as I can, but I think the core really is all there now (until someone proves me wrong by pointing out some feature of Voice that I've never heard of)
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Tried to check my voicemail the other day and I couldn't. This app does some weird thing to check VM. sent me to like a custom website and the site didn't have my voicemail.

Also, I don't want a crap-ton of new text notifications every time I open the app. If texts are hours old, but still marked as new, I probably already read them.
  14.    #134  
    I'm guessing that that means that you are on a Pre? Because we can't embed a browser into the app like we can on the TouchPad, to get access to the Voicemail, I had to wrap the Google Flash voicemail player in a page on my own site to get it to load. As that page says, if your voicemail does not load when loading that page, then you'll need to login to the google voice website so that your credentials are good, and you don't have to ever send any information other than the message number that you're loading to anyone but Google.

As far as the new notifications go, that might be an interesting option to add in the future -- do not notify for messages more than X hours old. or "Notify only for messages newer than X hours". Thanks for the suggestion! In the meantime, tapping a message in the index should mark it as read (i suppose i should add "Mark Read" to the tap menu in the overview, or just mark it read when it's tapped like the web interface does..?), as well as tapping on the notification dashboard. Replying to a message also automatically marks it read (that's on Google's end, though).

BTW, if anyone knows who the "William M" guy that left a review complaining that I never responded to him is, let me know so I can contact him. As far as I'm aware, I haven't missed any correspondence here, on my site, or in my email.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Hello guys,

Can I use this to send and receive text messages from my pre- to my touchpad? if so how would I go about doing that?

Thanks,
    -Toaster
  16.    #136  
    toaster, sure. You could setup two google voice accounts with different numbers, and log each device into one. Or if you have working text service on your Pre, just setup one voice account and install it on your TouchPad. Google will give you a phone number for each account that you setup, and you can then use that to send and receive text messages.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  17.    #137  
    For those who like to have the same experience cross platform, or have moved to other platforms, but are still paying attention, GVoiceA is available on Android Market now, and will soon be available on PlayBook as well.

Big update coming for TouchPad users -- eliminates all the browser hacks and can play voicemail directly on device. It's grrrrrrreat!
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    stbxxl likes this.
  18.    #138  
    Hey guys -- I've heard from one reviewer, that they are unable to use the new and improved voicemail. Anyone else able to duplicate that? It works fine on my test accounts, as well as on the short list of beta testers, save one guy who has transcriptions completely disabled, so the app can't tell that it's a voicemail and that it should provide a Listen button.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  19.    #139  
    GVoice has finally, after an amazing 6 months+ of development, updated to 1.0, with the final major feature being native voicemail support without Flash for all webOS 2.0+ devices. GVoice Pre has been updated to the same level, although as far as anyone has figured out, it looks impossible to access voicemail from webOS 1.x.. then again, we said that about 2.x, and originally about 3 until I discovered the Flash hack so, I have hope for the future discovery of a way

Thank you so much for all of your support everyone, I couldn't have made it anywhere near this functional without every single one of you who have put in your $2 or so, and especially the ones who not only did that, but also took the time to send me messages letting me know when something broke, and when you needed something else.

I've just recently discovered some (new?) features of Google Voice that I'm going to try to get implemented, as well as some great suggestions from the new group of PlayBook users, who apparently did not have -any- kind of text messaging support built into their devices at all before GVoice came there.

If your requested feature did not get in to 1.0, well, there's always the next update. I do have a full time job, so this is all updates that I do in my not very copious spare time now. And although I still hear the occasional person lamenting my choice of "Google Blue" for the color scheme (even though it came out much lighter than Google Blue, on devices), I probably will not get to making the ability to change color schemes until we move the interface to Enyo 2.0, which will largely depend on how long it will take me to prototype a new interface using the new toolkit. . . . but when I DO prototype it, i'll make sure that we have a way to change it's colors :P

Best thing: webOS users are far and away the best crop of users that I've had the pleasure to work with, and I can't wait to put Enyo 2.0 through it's paces and let you guys have a free alpha/beta version in the App Catalog, much like I did with XO.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  20.    #140  
    Not to get anyone toooooo excited, and .. this is a long way from being ready for people to play with, but....

messaging-accounts.jpg

More screenshots on my blog post .. Synergy
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast