Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quick update: we're going to get TTS notifications thanks to the app-hack contest I haven't really figured out a good way to add it actually reading messages via TTS at the moment, though. . . And I don't think the supplied TTS plugin has any way to stop a read in progress, so that might not be so good anyway.

I've got someone testing today with the button bars removed on the Overview list, and if that shows any improvements, then I'm moving all the individual message button-bars to touch-sensitive menus. That fits better with the HP/Palm UI guidelines anyway, not that too many people follow those

And I'd like to especially thank publicly the people who have made efforts to contact me via here and via the GVoice website about concerns, bugs, and suggestions.
    I've made a little bit of progress in the way of color theme and font selection support, but that one is still some way off, Palm does not make that nearly as easy a process as I'd hoped it would be!

As well, I still am working out how to improve the offline abilities -- thinking probably of storing conversations on the device for X number of days. A problem with this, is that we don't really have any way to tell Google to send us conversations in a list larger than 10 at a time . . So it'd probably just be monitoring the conversations that you had actually loaded.
    And, of course, support for notifications without the app running is a big one. But it's also by far the most difficult and time consuming one to get working.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    stbxxl likes this.
  2.    #102  
    The moment that Google adds MMS support to the website, we are definitely getting that I just had someone try it out for me, and it's currently only working for email forwarding and/or telephone forwarding.

The now 0.9.6 update is pending figuring out a little snafu with trying to convert the individual button bars on each message to a single pop-up menu. I may resort to sending this build out with the individual button bars still in, though, as there are some huge performance improvements in my development version at the moment that will be especially visible to people who routinely have large text message conversations (I thought I was on the higher end, with having a few hundred message conversations, it turns out there are users with 500 message conversations regularly)

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Nice work, glad to see you're actively working on this! Any chance we'll get integration with the phone dialer any time soon?
  4.    #104  
    mm. I wish I could say yes. I did read someone in this forum somewhere saying it's -possible- to connect with the telephone dialer. That was, however, in regards to providing a new transport mechanism for voice (ie, a different voIP provider other than Skype). I don't know of anyone who's ever actually interfaced with the dialer, or provided a new voIP implementation.

However, it may be possible to do a Preware patch or something to get the dialer to trigger gvoice .. interesting thought.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  5.    #105  
    0.9.7 has been shipped for approval to the catalog. Lots of new stuff

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    like this app
  7.    #107  
    Thanks just wanted to drop a note that my webserver computer blew up from apparent thermal issues. So the website for the app is offline at the moment. I expect that the next version will be approved early this week and if I don't happen to get it restored before then the What's New page will not load. Just wanted to let yaall know, because it may end up not loading the what's new page.

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  8.    #108  
    web server is back up, has comment forms on every page now, and the latest update is up and on the catalog for updating to.

I think I've got everyone's pet features in here now, aside from being able to change color scheme. Anything that I've missed, anyone?
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Volcom45 likes this.
  9.    #109  
    0.9.8 is coming shortly, with mostly bug fixes (sorry about them sneaking in before!) and internal improvements (yay!). Changelog is posted to the Whats New page on site. Also, I've recently obtained a Sprint Pre, and you can see some screenshots of my progress on getting it to work here:

GVoice for webOS - I got a Pre!

It is almost completely working (at least as far as it can, since the Voicemail and Text to Speech functiosn require 2.2+ to work, possibly 2.0, will hopefully find that out later this week when I get a Pre 2), and running pretty darn nicely, although scrolling is. . . slow.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    stbxxl likes this.
  10.    #110  
    website offline, my entire city is blackedout or browned out
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  11.    #111  
    well, there's still plenty of work to be done, but.. here it is on a Sprint Pre, right now:

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  12.    #112  

well, I'm trying to post a preview image for the older phones, for what i've got at this moment, but precentral doesn't seem to be wanting to take it ... SO...

http://ericbla.de/gvoice-webos/?p=232
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  13.    #113  
    Anyone still following this thread?

Poll for any Pre3 users:

In the last one or two updates, the automatic UI scaling was turned off. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing?
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Anyone still following this thread?

Poll for any Pre3 users:

In the last one or two updates, the automatic UI scaling was turned off. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing?
    After looking at it a little bit more, I think I prefer seeing more content the way it is now even though its small. I'd vote to leave scaling turned off.
  15.    #115  
    OK, so, here's the plan for what's going on with the phone releases:

I'm being forced to either dump text-to-speech, or release a seperate version of GVoice that does not have that ability. Because I rather like that feature, and dumping features is not high on my list of things to do, I'm going with the latter route.

We're going to have 1 maybe 2 additional versions of GVoice. I'm going to offer, from now until December 15, the chance for everyone who is currently a GVoice owner, to drop me an email from your email address that is associated with your HP webOS account that has GVoice (solely so that I can verify), along with your country and webOS version, so that I can generate some promo codes for existing users who want to get GVoice on their phones. Please mail: blade [dot] eric [at] gmail [dot] com with a subject: GVoice on Phones

Promo codes will go out sometime after the 15th. If you include a number, I will use GVoice to send them to you, otherwise they will come back to the email address that you signed up for.

After that time, I expect to setup an option where you can use the in-app purchasing functions to obtain a significantly discounted rate for whatever version isn't the one that you are using to purchase it from.

New apps versions:
    Gvoice Pre (not sure if this is needed yet or not): GVoice, without Text-to-Speech or Voicemail capabilities (as 1.x does not support Flash, which is needed to playback). This one will be available on webOS 1.4.5

GVoice Lite: GVoice, without Text-to-Speech. This one will be available on 2.0 and up.

I expect that the main GVoice will be the first to get new updates, with them following to the other 1 or 2 versions shortly thereafter.

This is all subject to change, but this is the plan that I have worked out at this time.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  16.    #116  
    TL;DR version:

If you want to get the phone version of GVoice, and you are already a GVoice user, send me an email from your hp webos account's email, to blade [dot] eric [at] gmail [dot] com, subject: GVoice on Phones, including your country, what version of webOS you need the app for, and optionally a number to text back at, by December 15th, and sometime after December 15th, I'll be mailing or texting out promo codes. Please do not do this if you are not already a GVoice user, or if you are not going to actually be downloading the app to your phone, otherwise it will be a waste of time and promo codes.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    If we are just purchasing gvoice for either 1.4.5 or 3.0.4, how does this effect us? I really want to functional gvoice app, I have not tried one that works well yet, so maybe yours will work.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  18.    #118  
    The version(s) for phones will be available through your regular catalog, as soon as they are sent to HP and approved, which I expect to do sometime in the next couple of days to a week, depending on time requirements of my regular jobs. I haven't determined exact pricing yet, but it will be somewhat lesser than the Pre3/TouchPad app that has all the functions.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thanks, what I mean is, should we be sending our google voice email address to you?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Is it an option to have the end of the message shown when I click it and not have it starting from the very top.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast