Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I will take a screenshot and either post it here or I could email it to you. But if you try to put the conversation pane full screen, it doesn't resize correctly.
    \m/(>.<)\m/
    Here is a screenshot of what I was talking about. I thought someone else had mentioned this before, that is why I didn't elaborate. As you can see, if I try to bring the conversation pane full screen and hide the left pane, it does not resize correctly and hide the pane completely.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    \m/(>.<)\m/
  3.    #83  
    Ahh, that was intentional so that you still have enough room there to be able to select different conversations, without having to fully open it again. It looked better when I was able to get pictures from voice, but when i transferred it to the device, i found out that apps can't actually access either the pictures stored at google, or the pictures stored in the contacts. That is a standard feature in the sliding view, and i've got a few apps that use it, i thought it was handy.

I wonder if I can make a 3-state view, so that it can have either the "peek" view, or open all the way ... *thinks*

\m/\m/
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Ahh, that was intentional so that you still have enough room there to be able to select different conversations, without having to fully open it again. It looked better when I was able to get pictures from voice, but when i transferred it to the device, i found out that apps can't actually access either the pictures stored at google, or the pictures stored in the contacts. That is a standard feature in the sliding view, and i've got a few apps that use it, i thought it was handy.

I wonder if I can make a 3-state view, so that it can have either the "peek" view, or open all the way ... *thinks*

\m/\m/
    It really is a small aesthetic thing for me...not a huge problem. And the swipe to delete isn't a huge thing for me either, just a thought. One other thing I noticed is that the contacts don't seem to be in any sort of order, i.e.: alphabetic by first or last name. They appear to be completely random. Is there any way to put them alphabetically or allow a search? Also, can the contacts be accessed so that instead of entering in a phone number or scrolling through sometimes a few hundred contacts to start a new SMS, we could just enter a contact's name? If that is possible, that would be great. You have a really great app here for what I need it for (texting from my TP) and if the contacts thing could be "fixed" it would make it worth a heckuva lot more!
    \m/(>.<)\m/
  5.    #85  
    The contacts are ordered according to whatever Google's "Contact Ranking" thing is. We don't necessarily have, from the information given, either a "First name" or a "Last name". I truly wish that we could use the Palm contacts system, but it only allows you to filter by "favorite" "not favorite" and "online". Which is more than useless. Auto-fill, sorting are on the todo list. crap, that reminds me, i discovered a couple nights ago how to get message search working, i need to add that too.

I'm going to copy these messages over to the bug tracker, but at the moment, I am concentrating on the sudden discovery that the new version does not work on Pre3, even though it works fine in the emulator. As soon as I get that working, another update is going out, and it might have few if any changes for the touchpad users.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I figured it was a limitation with Google. Thanks again for an excellent app and your continued support. I will be waiting patiently for any updates. :-)
    \m/(>.<)\m/
  7.    #87  
    Well I thi k I got the pre3 problem, and have done a few other bits here and there. *Not quite ready to get it out though until the pre support is in a little bettershape now that I have an available tester *

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Well I thi k I got the pre3 problem, and have done a few other bits here and there. *Not quite ready to get it out though until the pre support is in a little bettershape now that I have an available tester *

It's coming along nicely for Pre3, folks!
    Hey thanks for the great app. Earlier in the thread you asked for people's opinions on a type of contacts system that was built into the app from a person's google voice contacts, bypassing the built in application on the touchpad. At first glance your solution seemed counter-intuitive, but with some gui changes, I think it would work out fine. As far as the gui goes, maybe a closer mirror to what gvoice is on the internet. If you were to go with a 3 pane thing (at least for touchpads) then navigation | currently viewed box | composition pane when necessary

As far as bugs go (I only bought the app 20 minutes ago lol) The only thing Ive noticed is that I cant listen to voice mails. The only thing I had that I think could have stopped that was the ad blocker patch; I removed it luna reset and still no dice. Im about to try reinstalling the app and a full device reset. Will post back with results.
  10.    #90  
    Do you have Flash enabled and auto-starting? if yes, i did find a problem that may possibly cause that..

if you do happen to figure out if theres a patch or something causing, let me know, but i'd say it's most likely related to either browser flash settings, or you managed to run into that bug, which although i'd never actually experienced, i found it wrong in the code, so the next update might fix that.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  11.    #91  
    Volcom said he had the same issue and downloading it again fixed it. *Try the logout menu option before resorting to that to make sure that you're logged in both from the app side and the web browser -- it sends commands to the web browser in the app so that it can play the voicemail via the flash.

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I use Google Voice everyday for all calls and texts and just got a Pre 3 the other day. Would it be possible for me to become a beta tester? Voogle really sucks and I just bought it and desperately need a google voice client.
  13.    #93  
    good news bad news on that front. I can get the app to work on a pre3, but I can't get voicemail or message marking working there. I'm hoping to find a workaround for that that will work on the pre because the workaround that I have for the touchpad does not work on webOS 2. It may be a while, I've been assured that I "should" be able to get at least the message marking thing working if I stop using the built in web access methods and write my own. The voicemail part however will be a more difficult problem.

so, I'm not really sure what direction to go in. Leave it available for pre at reduced functionality (and do I remove the notifications since you can't mark messages read?)

unfortunately these problems are pretty evenly split between things google is doing poorly and things that the webOS security model isn't allowing.

interestingly, palm has been more receptive to working out a way to solve their side than google has. I don't know if its malicious or not, but google is definitely not responding the same way to every request that comes from a palm device.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  14.    #94  
    ... The other thing that we could do is the Voogle method, which involves sending requests for things that Google won't do for us normally, through a third party server. My desire to do that is somewhere between none and a whole lot less than that, though.

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Being able to actually listen to my voicemails is my highest priority.. It's unfortunate but the Google Voice transcription is so awful its hardly useable.
  16.    #96  
    OK, I'm pushing 0.9.4 tonight..

GVoice for webOS - submitting 0.9.4 tonight

Good news: Pre3 works, and can mark messages read. Does not yet support Voicemail.

We -may- be able to use the help of a homebrew service to get to the voicemail without having to tap Flash for it. I'm going to do some checking with some peoples to see if we can remain in the catalog and still make optional use of a homebrew service.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
    hey, i also think it would be awesome if a you built a version for 2.1 (mojo/pre 2), this would make my day, and also help fill in another gap in the app catalog for phones.
    I'm actually wondering if there's a way to make it available for phones that 1) have enyo installed (e.g. put the appropriate files in the frameworks dir), OR if it's possible to just 2) bundle enyo with the app, so it can work on other phones. I don't know what hPalm's licensing is on this, hopefully they'd be down, especially if they expect people on android, etc to be using enyo.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
  18.    #98  
    0.9.4 is up

sanaking, I don't know how 2.1 devices with enyo are getting their apps, but i'd guess you'd have to do it the same way At the moment, including Enyo with the app is not really an option.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  19.    #99  
    Hmm. So, I've been having a few really long conversations. Should I make it scroll to the bottom of a conversation when you open it? Seems like that would be more convenient.

* edit: ok, so I'm continuing on on these long conversations, and I'm noting that the feature that scrolls to the top of a view when you open it, is rather detrimental to long conversations. I think this needs to be revisited, and we need to either scroll to bottom, change display order, or intelligently figure out if we want to scroll bottom or top, perhaps depending on where we were coming frorm or going to .. Or something. Suggestions welcome.
    Last edited by eblade; 10/09/2011 at 07:12 PM.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  20.    #100  
    If any of you haven't left reviews, it would be really awesome if you could, or if you need to update your reviews from older versions, that'd be great too.. The 1 star reviews for "omg this doesn't do *feature that google voice doesn't do at all*" are dragging me down

thanks
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast