Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #61  
    I've been doing a lot of looking into Just Type and Contacts integration -- there's not really a feasible way to do it using Palm's contacts system. The contacts system is completely locked down so that it can only be accessed by Palm's ridiculously useless Contacts popup.

SO, what I can do is create our own contacts database using the Google Voice information, and allow Just Type to use that .. and on the app-side, I can add a button that will bring up the webOS contacts UI .. and then try and jam the information that that returns individually into the update 2 contact-detail page.

Thoughts?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hello. I'm presently using 0.9.1 version on my HP Touchpad. It seems I've lost the ability to respond to texts via the GVoice app. I can cancel messages but not send them. Not only that but names no longer appear with my contacts or text messages, the PLACE CALL nad CALL VM boxes are grayed out and the DnD: selection is no longer available.

The weird thing is 15 minutes ago, everything was working just fine.
  3.    #63  
    Zero-Bling: ok, well, let's see what we can figure out here. I've never seen anything like that happening, so let me give you a little info and see if that might spark any ideas, and get some dialog going so we can figure that out.

The CALL buttons are only enabled once GVoice receives the list of telephones that are setup for outgoing calls, from google. The DnD button is only enabled when it receives the status of DnD setting from google, and the contacts are only filled in after it receives and processes the list of contacts from google. Normally, the telephones and contacts all come in at the exact same time, and the DnD status is a seperate request made at the same time, so it almost always appears at the same time.

Has there been a switch from online to offline during the time that it worked to not working? Did this happen while the app was running, or when you restarted it? Does restarting the app fix it?

I've never -seen- a failure to receive the contacts/phones/DnD happen (unless you're actually completely offline, but then it would not receive messages either), but it is theoretically possible, however I would expect that restarting it would solve the problem.

Are you able to login to the Google Voice website from the touchpad, either the desktop or mobile version?

I hate to suggest it, but rebooting the Touchpad would probably be my next step to take, unless you have the Palm developer tools, in which case I'd ask you to start logging, run the app for a little bit, and send me the log.

If restarting the app and restarting the touchpad don't work, my next solution would be to remove the app from the touchpad (hold down on it's icon for a couple of seconds, then tap the "x" next to it that appears shortly), then go back to the App Store and download it again (you won't be charged again). That should force it to eliminate any possibly bad data, and allow you to specify your login information again (the next update has a Logout button on the App Menu that will do much the same thing) and login to the mobile site again as well.

If you happen to think of anything that you may have done that might've caused something to break during the process, please let me know .. as well as if one of these steps does fix it.

If none of that works, then we'll need to do some deeper digging...
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    The CALL buttons are only enabled once GVoice receives the list of telephones that are setup for outgoing calls, from google. The DnD button is only enabled when it receives the status of DnD setting from google, and the contacts are only filled in after it receives and processes the list of contacts from google. Normally, the telephones and contacts all come in at the exact same time, and the DnD status is a seperate request made at the same time, so it almost always appears at the same time.
    I realize that the buttons may not be necessarily functional but they were not grayed out up until I started having the issue.

Has there been a switch from online to offline during the time that it worked to not working? Did this happen while the app was running, or when you restarted it? Does restarting the app fix it?
    The issue happened while the app was running. I sent a text. Received another text and while trying to respond to it, the contact names disappeared and pushing SEND did nothing. Restarting the app does not fix it nor did restarting the Touchpad. I also went so far as to uninstall/reinstall the app but no joy. My Touchpad has never NOT been connected to my secured wireless network as all other functions of it are intact.

Are you able to login to the Google Voice website from the touchpad, either the desktop or mobile version?
    Yes. I can send/receive texts from the website.

I hate to suggest it, but rebooting the Touchpad would probably be my next step to take, unless you have the Palm developer tools, in which case I'd ask you to start logging, run the app for a little bit, and send me the log.

If restarting the app and restarting the touchpad don't work, my next solution would be to remove the app from the touchpad (hold down on it's icon for a couple of seconds, then tap the "x" next to it that appears shortly), then go back to the App Store and download it again (you won't be charged again). That should force it to eliminate any possibly bad data, and allow you to specify your login information again (the next update has a Logout button on the App Menu that will do much the same thing) and login to the mobile site again as well.
    I will do a little logging and then send the data your way. Well you may have to explain how to do the logging bit. LOL

If you happen to think of anything that you may have done that might've caused something to break during the process, please let me know .. as well as if one of these steps does fix it.

If none of that works, then we'll need to do some deeper digging...
    I thought it may have been a patch or conflict with another app but, as I mentioned earlier, the issue happened while the app was functioning correctly.
    Last edited by Zero-Bling; 09/19/2011 at 07:43 PM.
  5.    #65  
    OK, that is -truly- bizarre, as there is no code to disable those buttons once they have been enabled during a run.

I'd like to sincerely apologize for the problems that you're having there, but I've never seen anything like this happen - I've never had it just stop in the middle of a run. I'm going to PM you some IM contact points for me, if you don't mind catching me on a messenger maybe we can pinpoint something.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Thanks for the support. Much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero-Bling View Post
    The issue happened while the app was running. I sent a text. Received another text and while trying to respond to it, the contact names disappeared and pushing SEND did nothing. Restarting the app does not fix it nor did restarting the Touchpad.
    It appears that I am now experiencing exactly the same issue - on two different TPs no less. All of a sudden I cannot send text messages any longer. It happened while the program was running. I press SEND but nothing happens.

Is it possible that Google changed something on their end?
  8.    #68  
    my internet at home is off comcast is looking into it. I am now getting same thing from the internet where im at. I won't be able to diagnose until internet gets restored at my computer. Will let everyone know what i find.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  9.    #69  
    OK, I've got this nailed down. Someone added an HTML comment to their page source where one is not allowed. It blows up the parser. The comment says

Code:
    <!-- TODO(pmoor): remove this as soon as the 9/12 release is cut -->
    Indeed, removing that snippet from the google source does in fact, get it working again. I've dropped a note to Google, so hopefully that will get fixed real soon now.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  10.    #70  
    Finally got the existing app suspended, and a new version that will specifically strip that out and work whether or not Google fixes it is in the approval process.

Unfortunately, my home Internet is still offline more than it's online, so my web site and other things are not responding very well at the moment. And why I haven't said anything back here in almost 12 hrs.

0.9.3 will also include some offline functions, but it's not really complete and/or bug-free at the moment. You can at least start up the app when offline and send messages, then when you go online, it will login and send them. It doesn't seem to save them between restarts, like it should, though.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  11.    #71  
    Hey guys gvoice is back in the catalog so please update and let me know how its going. Thank you

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Just updated to 0.9.3. All my issues appear to be resolved. I can see all my contacts, the icon in the launcher has a standard size and I can send text messages again (which was really Google's fault). Playing voice messages also works just fine. I therefore just left a well deserved 5 star rating.

Do you still have plans to offer users some customization options (color schemes, font types and sizes)?
  13.    #73  
    Yes, but the updates will probably be a little slower than they were for the first couple. *I have to spend some time the next week or two working my regular job, but I will def work towards adding that. *The font size is a bit big, isnt it?*

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Yes, but the updates will probably be a little slower than they were for the first couple. *I have to spend some time the next week or two working my regular job, but I will def work towards adding that. *The font size is a bit big, isnt it?*
    Thanks and yes I'd prefer a somewhat smaller font size. But it's not as important as functionality.
    Just bought it! Quite happy with it. Very much need it on the Pre3 now too, lol. How's progress on that? Any ETA yet?
  16.    #76  
    It -should- work on the Pre3, however it won't be able to listen to voicemails or mark your messages read when you select them. I'm going to see if I can get that working in the emulator over the next few days, if my internet connection ever stays working for longer than a few minutes at a time. *i'm -really- not liking Comcast this week*
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    It -should- work on the Pre3, however it won't be able to listen to voicemails or mark your messages read when you select them. I'm going to see if I can get that working in the emulator over the next few days, if my internet connection ever stays working for longer than a few minutes at a time. *i'm -really- not liking Comcast this week*
    Why not? Pre3 has flash, didn't you say thats how it was playing the voicemails back? That's sorta the reason I need it is to listen to them Oh well..
  18.    #78  
    I couldn't get the WebView that you login to the mobile page with to show anything in the Pre emulator, so I couldn't just assume that it would work on device, and therefore hid it. I'd rather have it not present at all, than present and non-functional. I will drop you a PM, though, and maybe we can work out a way to get it working?
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I have to say, I was getting very frustrated with this app. I loved the idea of it, and I didn't mind paying for an app that was still being developed. I figured that buying the app would help with supporting development. Once I bought it, I used it for a few days and I had nothing but issues with it. You name the issue, I had it. o_O I was going to leave feedback for the app, and not very good feedback, but figured I would look into the issues first to see if I was the only one. A quick search on P|C showed that I was not the only one and eblade was working to resolve the issues. I just updated the app and it appears to be working great so far. Bravo eblade and kudos for top quality customer support. That is what makes the webOS community so great.

But I also would like to say that the panes don't work exactly right, which I believe you are aware of. And as a long time user of webOS, I would like to see the "swipe" to delete conversations implemented. It may not seem intuitive to new users, but for us "old dogs" it's as natural breathing.

Thanks again for a great app and keep up the good work.
    \m/(>.<)\m/
  20.    #80  
    Echofilter, one of the things that seems constant about the new world of mobile development, is actually that people seem to -expect- that your app will get updated regularly. *Though I did aim to get something that was as feature complete to the web interface as I could, obviously that didn't exactly happen with the first release. *Of course, I discovered new features of Voice that I've never even looked at, considering that I use it almost exclusively for text messaging.*

So, the default SwipeableItem thing only has a "Cancel" and "Delete" function. *I'm hoping then, that I can extend that to add Archive to that as well. *I'm also seriously considering removing the whole button bar under the conversation, and just having it be a popup menu when you tap on the conversation. *(I'll be adding a "What's New" box that comes up on first run, before I implement that, so that everyone at least has an opportunity to read about changes made like that)

Now, what is this about the panes not working right? *

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast