Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #41  
    Great, thanks for the suggestions and reports, I'll look into those. And I'll PM you about the contact information.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Great, thanks for the suggestions and reports, I'll look into those. And I'll PM you about the contact information.
    Got the PM and send a reply already.
    Yeah, my Google Voice contacts are linked and seem the same as my Gmail contacts, no difference, yet only a handful of contacts show up in the app...weird. Tried adding a new contact in Google Voice but no joy.
  4.    #44  
    Thanks for the report, Scott. I've got some extra contact information that STBXXL helpfully sent over, and I'll be looking into both fixing that, and/or integrating the webOS contacts, whichever one will take less time, to get into the next update. I've spent a lot of my down time at work examining my google voice contacts versus what is in the webOS contacts list, and it looks like eventually just getting that working would probably be a better way, than relying on the info that is sent with the gvoice. also would make it easier for offline support in the future.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I see you're bringing this to the Pre3 as well. Is this through the basic enyo support that 2.2 has? Or are you doing a mojo app? Reason I ask is there's lots of us on Pre2's that have flash support as well that would love to use this. Our only other choice is Voogle which is basically broken and abandoned by its developer
  6.    #46  
    volcom45, at the moment it is entirely via enyo. As far as I can tell it works fine in the Pre3 emulator, except it can't seem to perform the web login, so the mark-message-read does not work .. which could potentially get annoying, so i'm going to see if i can make that happen by changing up the layout on Pre3.

At the moment, I can't say that I'm planning on doing a Mojo interface, but I can't rule it out, either. As I'm working on parts, I'm making changes to make connecting it to other UI an easier process, and hopefully there's a good use for that in the future
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I see you're bringing this to the Pre3 as well. Is this through the basic enyo support that 2.2 has? Or are you doing a mojo app? Reason I ask is there's lots of us on Pre2's that have flash support as well that would love to use this. Our only other choice is Voogle which is basically broken and abandoned by its developer
    I been looking for info on this. Is Voogle now done? I cant log back in on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    I been looking for info on this. Is Voogle now done? I cant log back in on my Pre.
    Voogle is working on my FrankenPre2 for me (for texting). Did you turn on two-step authorization on Google?

Voogle code has been released in the public domain. I guess that means that the developer has decided not to work on it anymore.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    No I didnt turn on two-step auth on Google. I might just use browser on Pre for now on to access it. Thanks.
    Last edited by miles4000; 09/15/2011 at 10:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I'm not sure I understand clearly. Are you saying that with GVoice installed on the TouchPad and with the Pre3 paired to it, one can make Google Voice calls from the phone. I am surprised that if I can receive and make phone calls from within gMail, why no app has been made to use this for the Pre phones.

As for Enyo apps on Pre3, I am not sure that is possible with webOS 2.2.0 Maybe with a future, highly unlikely now, update it might support Enyo apps.
    theres a few enyo/mojo apps working fine on my pre3, many just suffer from scaling issues (when made for the older devices) or other minor gfx related issues, but function perfectly in every other way.......so far
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    No I didnt turn on two-step auth on Google. I might just use browser on Pre for now on to access it. Thanks.
    Yeah, I switched to the direct browser for GV awhile ago. I added it to my launcher bar, and it's easy enough to use.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    hey, i also think it would be awesome if a you built a version for 2.1 (mojo/pre 2), this would make my day, and also help fill in another gap in the app catalog for phones.
  13.    #53  
    well, good news for the people with the contacts problem. I think I've located the source of the problem -- if you have contacts that have numbers tagged as either "Pager" or "Other", then Google does not supply a type for them via Voice. I was not expecting that, so it errored out.

I've re-written the contact thing anyway, so that it comes up integrated into the 2-pane view (you guys are welcome to debate if that's the better way to do it or not, I'll listen), and solved that problem in the meantime.

One thing that I was sort of correct on earlier, is that Voice is sending a limited version of the contacts list -- we are only receiving a list of contacts that actually have telephone numbers in it. I did a lot of searching through my Contacts list over the last couple of days, i've got 700-ish contacts on Google, I've got 66 with phone numbers. I get 66 entries sent to GVoice when we login to the Voice service.

Poll question: I was sort of thinking about doing the "Delete" and "Archive" functions using a Swipable entry in the left-hand pane. However, I kind of feel like the Swipe thing, even though it's "standard" on touch devices, is incredibly non-obvious and unintuitive. Do other people like that sort of thing?
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  14.    #54  
    Update for 0.9.2 shipped up to HP, awaiting approval.

Listen to Voicemail (requires Flash enabled and allowed to auto-start)
    Preferences from App Menu
    Foreground/background refresh interval setting
    new icons (mostly? fixes the corrupted icon problem)
    button colorization
    hardware accelerated scrolling (omg, wow)
    fix extraneous inbox refreshes
    redesigned Contacts view (fixes the “zero or one contact showing up” bug, i’m pretty sure)
    added Logout to App Menu (use this if you can’t mark messages read, or if you want to let someone else use your gvoice)
    message Archive button
    About from App Menu
    login will not display login dialog if stored credentials are still good
    enabled Contacts view on Pre
    ... also, do I have to contact someone about changing the title of this thread? I tried changing it in the first post, and that didn't go.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    PrinceAlbert and stbxxl like this.
    looking forward to these continued improvements as well as swipable delete and real time (a la native app) notifications.
  16.    #56  
    There's not really any way (that I've found so far) to achieve real-time or push notifications with webOS. About the best that can be done is getting it to run as a service, so that it will be checking even when the main app is closed.

I don't think it'd be difficult to do the swipe-to-delete thing, but I question if that's really a good idea. The intuitiveness of it escapes me completely.

I was actually thinking about eliminating the individual message buttons and moving them to a menu or some other thing that you get when you touch a message. I guess that'd fit the tablet paradigm more so than having buttons everywhere. I did that already with the new contacts view.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Voogle is working on my FrankenPre2 for me (for texting). Did you turn on two-step authorization on Google?
    I'm having the same problem as someone commented about above -- suddenly I can no longer log in to Voogle on my Pre. What do you mean by two-step authorization? There is a note on the Setup Wizard: Google 2-step authorization will NOT work.

I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but it continues to tell me I have the wrong eMail and/or password.

A couple of months ago I requested that Google move my Google Voice account from my old Google Mail to my newer Google Apps account (different addresses) and after a few days they did that. Voogle seemed to keep on going there without a hiccup. Then, earlier this week it just stopped working, throwing up messages about not being connected to the server.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  18.    #58  
    I'm not really a Voogle support person, nor is this a Voogle support thread , but it wouldn't surprise me if Google is throwing up some thing new in the login procedure, maybe asking for a captcha or something, that is causing Voogle's server to choke on it. (as an aside note, if Google were to ask for a Captcha here on GVoice, we wouldn't be able to respond to it directly from the app, however, now that I've figured out how to get the web-view thing to come back up after it had been hidden (that's present in the 0.9.2 "Logout" option), I should be able to implement that pretty quickly in GVoice.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help you with a Pre. I don't know how you'd get through the captcha requirement, perhaps if you log out of Google completely on a computer, clear cookies etc, then try to login to Voice from a computer, maybe it will give you the Captcha requirement (if that is the case), and let you enter that challenge, then you could get back in from your phone? just an idea.

Oh, you may notice that there is a new Google Login page. If Voogle is scraping that, things may have changed. It doesn't seem to affect GVoice in the slightest.

In further GVoice news, I've got an offline message queue working now. It might be some time before I can get much else going for offline usage, but right now, if you login from your Touchpad, then take it somewhere where you have no internet, you can queue up bunches of messages outgoing, and when you return to having internet, it will send them.

I find this especially nice, because I use a prepaid cell phone, that receives all of my GVoice messages (because I am frequently in places without Internet), because receiving messages on my provider is free. Sending messages from my provider costs 10c per message. This is what got me into using the Voice service to begin with. So, now I can enter a reply while I'm offline, or if I -need- to get a reply out, I can just use my cell phone.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Sorry -- I didn't mean to hijack the thread -- I was just reacting to someone having the same problem I was.

Anyway, in the process of troubleshooting this, I logged out of Google Voice on my desktop computer and logged back in to make sure I had the password correct (overreliance on LastPass). It was correct and there was no captcha.

But thanks -- I do appreciate the suggestions.

Agree that Google Voice is awesome. Using it as one of family/friends free incoming/outgoing numbers means I never go over my monthly minutes allotment. In the early days of the Pre there was a superb Voice client, but then Google and/or Palm made changes on the servers/API that permanently broke that app. I went back to web dialing and then Voogle came along, and while epically incomplete, it was a pretty decent dialer. I can easily adjust to life without Voogle.

What I really need is a different phone.
  20.    #60  
    Yeah, the captcha requirement thing is really weird, and it could be the case still, that it's only asking for it from the Voogle server. Of course, we have no idea, since we can't see what's happening on Voogle's end. But, when I was developing the login phase for GVoice, I did have a situation where I had accidentally infinite looped with no time delay, a login request for me, with the wrong password. I stopped it after about 3 seconds, but I think at that point it had already sent a high double or low triple digit number of requests, and was demanding a captcha. But when I tried to login from my PC, it let me do it just fine. Try logging in from the mobile browser to www.google.com/voice/m and see what happens there? I don't know.

Good luck, though. And hopefully there will be a nice shiny webOS device to upgrade to
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast