1.    #1  
    I am having a problem with the alarm clock feature not enabling (coming on). I have it set to a certain time and for weekdays only, but it has not gone off the past few days. It could be coincidence but it seems to have stopped working properly ever since I installed some of the patches/tweaks from preware.

These are the patches I have installed:

Advanced Reset Options

Default to Week View

Faster Card Animations HYPER Version

Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness 10

Muffle System Logging

Quiet Powered Messages

Remove Dropped Packet Logging

Remove Tap Ripple

Unset CFQ IO Scheduler

Unthrottle Download Manager

I am also overclocked to 1.5 and have the hulu fix installed. Does anyone know if there is something that I have installed that could be making the alarm clock not activate when turned on? Last night the alarm was showing on the top of the TP but it never went off this morning or yesterday. I am also keeping it on the touchstone at night.

Any help would be appreciated. If the alarm feature on the clock app is not reliable, is there an alarm clock app that is?
    Last edited by Squatting Hen; 09/09/2011 at 01:33 PM.
    Big ole' bump!

My wife was just late to her second day of work in a row because of this. Is it bad that we're relying on them as alarm clocks? Well, since they aren't working as such, yes. Yes it is.

I have most of what you have installed. Running 1.5GHz on UberKernel. Muffle logging and remove dropped packet logging. The Hulu fix and Default to Month view (not Week). Basically everything except Unset CFQ IO Scheduler, Unthrottle Download Manager, Quiet Powered Messages, Advanced Reset Options and Faster Card Animations HYPER Version.

My money's on the muffled logging. HP seem to have relied on it quite a bit. I may play around with it today and see if it becomes more reliable if I re-enable logging.
    My Pre 3 sometimes forgets the alarms I've set too.
    I have been using the Simple Alarms app and have not had any issues with it yet.
    netwrkr9: based on your suggestion on another thread, I bought Simple Clock (as opposed to Simple Alarm). Are they essentially different? We've only had one night to try it out so far, so we'll have to see if it does it again. One thing I noticed is that if you select an mp3 to play as the alarm, it follows the music app's volume. We had it set real low, so it was barely audible. Luckily, my wife had picked a loud song as the alarm :-P
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by radicalbiscuit View Post
    netwrkr9: based on your suggestion on another thread, I bought Simple Clock (as opposed to Simple Alarm). Are they essentially different? We've only had one night to try it out so far, so we'll have to see if it does it again. One thing I noticed is that if you select an mp3 to play as the alarm, it follows the music app's volume. We had it set real low, so it was barely audible. Luckily, my wife had picked a loud song as the alarm :-P
    +1 For simple clock tried a few free ones but all gave me problems, had simple clock for a week works great, worth the money.

Main features are.

Works in Exhibition Mode
    Ability to lower screen brightness in exhibition mode only.
    Good weather app
    Two Alarms with custom settings
    Big snooze button up to 30 Min's snooze time
    Works when app is not active