1.    #1  
    There's been lots of news articles about the QuickOffice upgrade (allowing editing). But how do we get the update?

I've tried App Catalog, Software Manager, System Update and QuickOffice itself but not prompts or links for downloading an update.

Is the update actually available yet? If so, how do I get it ?

Thanks

Toppers
    I just got my Touchpad on Monday and upgraded to WebOS 3.0.2 68 (I think it was) that evening. After doing that, I got notifications that there were updates available to three of my apps that came pre-installed on the Touchpad. One of them was QuickOffice. I allowed it to install the updates to the apps, and now I can edit in QuickOffice. I would think that means it is available in the app store, but maybe you have to go to the system app that checks for updates?
    It should show up as "Update Available" when you go to the App catalog. I don't have a TP, but on my Pre+, when I start up the App Catalog app (I sound like Colonel Blake from M*A*S*H) there is a little 'shopping bag' button on the lower right of the screen. If I tap that, all my installed apps show up iin a list. After a few seconds (several seconds actually) a long horizontal button will pop up on the lower right telling me there are updates. I can scroll down the list to see which apps have updates, or just tap the button and it begins downloading and installing any updates to any apps that are available. Sometimes, there is no button because there are no updates.

I don't know why the App catalog doesn't show the update...unless somehow you did update the QO app without realizing it. Have you opened up Quickoffice and tried to edit a file recently, just to see if it is updated?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Updates been out for a few weeks now, is your TP up to date 3.0.2?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    An email went out to all the cool people with instructions on where to get it. Didn't you get the email? :-)

Be sure you are running 3.0.2 or you won't see the update in Software Manager.
  6.    #6  
    I am on 3.0.2 but didn't get that update automatically either (Dr'ed it). I will try the App Catalog process described by RockBeast tonight... I'll also try leaving Software Manager open for an extended period to see if that pick up anything.

Thanks for the guidance... I'll let you know if I get anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppers View Post
    I am on 3.0.2 but didn't get that update automatically either (Dr'ed it). I will try the App Catalog process described by RockBeast tonight... I'll also try leaving Software Manager open for an extended period to see if that pick up anything.

Yeah, give it a good minute or two...it takes up to 20 seconds on my Pre+. Go get some coffee...wait, if it is night, maybe green tea? Or that Lavender Dreams tea my wife gets from Teavana...of course, you might doze off...good luck!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

8.    #8  
    No shopping bag on the TP App Catalog..... And I left Software Manager open for 15mins and counting... No updates showing.....

Hmmmm ???.
    The FAQ on the support site says to delete and re-install:

http://support.quickoffice.com/index...barticleid=506

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppers View Post

I found that a reboot helped.
  11. rlb
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    What is the latest # of the version that adds editing?
  12.    #12  
    I still haven't managed to get this to work... deleted the apps and restarted.. not Updates Available button available on Software Manager. The versions showing on Software Manager are the original with not option to download updates...

Any other ideas ?

Thanks
    I have a webos pre- with v2.1 and would really like to get this. Does anyone know of a way to get this working on webos2.1?