Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree20Likes
    How do you gt on this email list?
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrico View Post
    How do you gt on this email list?
    Supposedly you're on it by registering a TP account to an email but I didn't get an email either so...
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    so its using my $50 credit?
    Yes it is. I had the same problem so I bought everything I wanted to use up the credit so I could start using these promo codes. The sad thing is these new promo codes run out so fast
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Yes it is. I had the same problem so I bought everything I wanted to use up the credit so I could start using these promo codes. The sad thing is these new promo codes run out so fast
    there is a way to use promo codes and save credit/not use it.

was on the official blog..
    [QUOTE=texasflood;3144408]Technically the least they can do is give nothing away. QUOTE]
    Then I wouldn't have been emailed a promo code. You miss my point.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Yeah I'm from NYC and am eligible to download the free apps but I haven't. I didn' get an email btw. I just notice a ridiculous sense of entitlement in this country that is sickening, not necessarily on these forums just in general.

What people have to understand is that the Internet is a blessing and a curse. Promotions are a first come, first serve thing. HP issues limited quantities because they have to pay out the developer 70% of the price of the app when it's downloaded. I agree that there is no point in putting an expiration date but maybe they are legally obligated too since it's a promotion; no one ever considers that and instead get mad because others have beat them to the punch.

Nevertheless, it's a giveaway. You are being offered something for free for nothing in exchange except for expediency; that doesn't sound unreasonable to me. No one is being swindled so I'm not sure where the indignation many have displayed is coming from.

I've been able to download a couple of the giveaway apps HP has offered so far but I don't gripe about the ones I missed out on. If the app seems good I just buy it because the developer will get their money either way.
    Uhhhhhh....yeah. What this guy said. Seriously, are people *really* complaining about missing out on a FREEBIE?!? When the other guy is footing the bill, you say thanks. If you miss out, you hope he does it again and you get in on the action next time. If you still miss out...remember...he's footing the bill, so he kinda gets to decide how he's going to foot said bill.

Whining about it is just sore loser talk. I missed out on the first two rounds, and got some on the third. Thanks, HP. I appreciate what you're doing, and I'd appreciate it even if I struck out all three times. If nothing else, a lot of buzz is being generated towards the app store...which might bring other developers into the game. That's a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    If I am being emailed a promo by HP, then the least they can do is issue me a unique promo code.
    This is as bad as the stampede for the TPs themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Technically the least they can do is give nothing away.
    Then I wouldn't have been emailed a promo code. You miss my point.
    Upon re-reading your post, perhaps I did miss your point. Either way though I agree with sarlo100, it's really up to HP as to how they're going to give stuff away if at all. Since we're not paying we really have no say in the matter. I missed out on some promos and got some. I'm happy, it's better than nothing or a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, I wish I'd gotten them all but I wish I got every damn free/good deal in the world, ain't gotta happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarlo100 View Post
    Uhhhhhh....yeah. What this guy said. Seriously, are people *really* complaining about missing out on a FREEBIE?!? When the other guy is footing the bill, you say thanks. If you miss out, you hope he does it again and you get in on the action next time. If you still miss out...remember...he's footing the bill, so he kinda gets to decide how he's going to foot said bill.

Whining about it is just sore loser talk. I missed out on the first two rounds, and got some on the third. Thanks, HP. I appreciate what you're doing, and I'd appreciate it even if I struck out all three times. If nothing else, a lot of buzz is being generated towards the app store...which might bring other developers into the game. That's a good thing.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567