Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    Seriously, how many people is the HP Apps Catalog scaled for? 3?
    They didn't expect for more than a few people to use their products at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    The promotion codes expire on 9/24. I guess they're unlimited until expire, which is different from how they did it as 6-packs in the last two weeks. So for those who haven't got one shouldn't have to worry not able to get them.
    Apparently all the codes expired within a couple of hrs at most. What I fail to understand is why bother having a date of expiry when the number of codes are so limited that they always run out within hrs. Also, sending emails to a select few, is contrary to being fair to all. I would like to know on what basis the emails were sent out. If anything, the emails should have gone to all US Touchpad linked profile emails.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I got all the free apps - thank you HP/ webOS.
    Before I got each app, I would get a download failed message. So I closed the App catalog, and started it again to get the free app, and it worked. The app catalog was probably overloaded from many people accessing it at once, to use the promo codes.
    man video flood is an awesome app. So many videos with a nice interface. Surprised I haven't heard of it before this promo
    its BS the codes don't even last 24hrs
    tbetz likes this.
    Same here; app store was down and now the codes are no longer valid. Stinks big time!
    tbetz likes this.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    How do you get notified of the codes?
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    How do you get notified of the codes?
    HP sent out a email around 8:30 pm est
    Quote Originally Posted by osinious View Post
    HP sent out a email around 8:30 pm est
    where for subscribe to this newsletter ?
    - HP Veer --
    Took me two hours to get two of them (Brittanica and Atlantis). I was only able to actually download the Brittanica, but the code went through for Atlantis and now it's showing up as free...I just can't download it yet. The Catalog was totally slammed last night and it took dozens and dozens of refreshes to get just those two. I gave up around 10:30.
    They're not going to give away infinite numbers of apps because it costs them money. They set the number of promo codes to what they're willing to absorb.

Part of me gets annoyed at the reposting on other sites but then I take a deep breath and understand that these are for "Touchpad Users" (well, US ones), not "Touchpad users who are worthy to find out in the right manner". And, to keep perspective, if it was an app I was dying to have, I probably would have already paid my two or five bucks to get it (like Video Flood). The promos are a nice feature and I enjoy free stuff as much as the next guy but getting worked up over "saving" a couple bucks you weren't spending anyway is a bit much.
    Bo likes this.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    where for subscribe to this newsletter ?
    It is the "HP webOS newsletter" and I got registered by doing the setup on my new Touchpad, which creates a webOS user account.

Also this may be required to receive the promo code emails:

"Terms and Conditions
    1. Promo participants require a TouchPad with a current functioning user profile with credit card purchasing enabled."

I have my credit info added to my webOS account, but have never spent anything. So just adding a credit card worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    They're not going to give away infinite numbers of apps because it costs them money. They set the number of promo codes to what they're willing to absorb.
    Yeah...at least they're not going about it the Amazon way. I think even just getting the free version into the hands of a few thousand will help provide the incentive to developers to maintain support and updates for their apps. Until we see a clear and stable future for webOS, I think developers need incentives like this.
    I finally got Brittanica. That was after trying feverishly for about an hour, giving up, then trying an hour later.

My daughters love reading about space, so I'm sure they will like this.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    the codes were posted on Slickdeals
    hundreds of thousands saw and tried to use the code

trust me as soon as an ***** puts it on slickdeals the deal is gone

I now hate slickdeals
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    tbetz likes this.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larsoncc View Post
    I wonder if HP could handle anything more poorly at this point. They sacrificed an entire night/morning of legitimate sales, to accommodate a bunch of cheapskates, and even the cheapskates are ****ed.

The TouchPad is definitely from the land of misfit toys. I think it's nice, but I'm worried - I'm pretty sure with the discontinuation of the device, it only gets worse from here.

I welcome Android, and NOT because I dislike WebOS.
    I can't wait for people like you to tire of your toy move on

All of you bought it hoping for android and all indications is it will suck

At least sometime soon I will not have to read

"I don't hate webOS but I can't wait to get rid of failed os and get Android."

You are so uninformed
    webOS is not a fail

this is not a Android site.
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    Bo and kennieth15 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
    man video flood is an awesome app. So many videos with a nice interface. Surprised I haven't heard of it before this promo
    don't brag about it..not cool
    power was out all night in southern califormia..and I wake up to this email and again for the 3rd f'n time I missed out.
    At least you were given the opportunity to participate in these offers (even if you couldn't due to other problems) - us Europeans (and other nations) don't even get a look in.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Are people seriously complaining about not getting something for free when it usually costs money? Typical American sense of entitlement.

The only people that are being cheated are non-US TP owners who are not getting access to these promotions. I hope HP offers them some similar giveaways soon.
    I am, therefore I think
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast