Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Atlantis Sky Patrol HD downloaded and installed but when I launched it the app came up for a few seconds and then went back to the main TP screen??????/
    Quote Originally Posted by oswego View Post
    Atlantis Sky Patrol HD downloaded and installed but when I launched it the app came up for a few seconds and then went back to the main TP screen??????/
    Possibly your download is borked because of the servers getting hammered. Since you've purchased it now you can reinstall it later for free.
    I got all four apps a few hours ago...but a buddy of mind and my wife are still trying to get into the App Catalog. I'm hoping that none of our webos faithful here are posting these codes on slickdeals. Lets try to keep them among friends here
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    How does one sign up for said newsletter?
    Maybe here...

Palm.com : Newsletter Signup
    how do you get on this email list for promo codes? I got nothing.
    And just think... 200,000 more TouchPad users trying to reach the HP App Catalog in just "6-8 weeks".
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Hey Guys, The App Catalog is down. they told me to try again tomorrow.. HOPEFULLY, they said it'll be working.... These promos... Do they work for Canada???
    Are any of you who got the email "firesalers" or are you long timers?
    Man, I'm even a HP employee and I don't get these emails.........
    I'm in the Apps Cat. But when I hit the price, it gives me an unexpected problem... error code LOC04005
    Hope I don't get charged for each time I hit the $1.99 button. OUCH. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by oswego View Post
    I checked some other apps and had the same issues, never happened before. Did a restart and solved problem
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Here is one point in the terms and conditions statement in the newsletter.

3. This promotion is available only to U.S.–based HP employees, HP reseller partners, HP customers, and HP webOS developer partners and not to business or enterprise customers. You must be 18 years old to use the promotion code. The code begins when you activate it via this email and expires 24 September 2011, 12:00 a.m. Pacific time. The code applies to TouchPads only and only qualifying apps from the HP webOS App Catalog listed herein.
    ============================================================================

-I only purchased the touchpad and registered a webos account and I got the newsletter. Maybe those who also done so but didn't get one are not US customer?

-The promotion codes expire on 9/24. I guess they're unlimited until expire, which is different from how they did it as 6-packs in the last two weeks. So for those who haven't got one shouldn't have to worry not able to get them.
    Last edited by matchqq; 09/08/2011 at 11:42 PM.
    Looks like the Video Flood HD one has expired.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zappcatt View Post
    Are any of you who got the email "firesalers" or are you long timers?
    I am a firesale owner and got the email. I am not sure how I got signed up for it but glad I did. I missed out on the 2 six packs so was happy to get these. My wife got kind of mad at me when I looked at the email on my phone, handed her the kid, and grabbed the tp and started in for the apps
    I received the email but not until the App Catalog was already having probs. By the time I was bale to get in, I *almost* almost was able to order TapNote but it locked up on me while pushing "purchase". I then tried Atlantis Sky Patrol but it quickly told me that all the licenses were consumed. Went back to TapNote and its still locked up in "purchasing" mode.

Oh well, maybe next time. I had already purchased VideoFlood (one of my favorite apps).
    I got all 4,missed the first 2 six packs. I got mine firesale from BB on Sunday the 21st and registered it that day. I was sitting at my computer at 8:13 PM when the email hit my inbox. Fired up my TP and went to the app store right away. I was planning on buying Video Flood and Atlantis Sky Patrol but just hadn't gotten around to it.I had only been trying out free apps while I figured out the best setup for my TP.
    SithLord likes this.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    got the sept email about 8pm EST on phone; couple hour plane ride home.. grab device and try to get some apps tried and they are already expired; rediculous!!
    yep, I missed everything so far. The App Store was having issues, and codes were all gone by the time I got in...
    GRRRRRR

The worst part is that many(most?) of the SlickDealers who got the apps will be wiping webOS and putting on Android as soon as a stable port is available :-(
    tbetz likes this.
    No email about it :/

All of them say

"Promo Code

This promo code is invalid (redeemed or other reason)."
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast