Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Jason Robitaille
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    For those of you who are not aware yet, the successful petitioning by HP Touchpad owners and other WebOS users has prompted Minus.com to look at making an app for the Touchpad. So, with a little more encouragement and patience, we should have a decent app from them within the near future.
    What do the offer compared to Box?

TIA
    They offer 10gb to start. If you sign up using a referal code, each person gets an extra GB(up to 50gb). My code is http://min.us/rv1R8n4 if you are interested, or just go to Free File Sharing - Minus.com

The basic/free setup also includes files sizes up to 2gb, whereas most of us on the "free" box.net subscription are limited to 100mb...which is pretty tiny. Box also had a 10gb per month limit.

Many people also are noticing that the box.net connection speeds are pretty weak.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Over and beyond that, it is always nice to have a number of alternatives or options. Minus is one of them. Dropbox is also being asked to consider a touchpad app.
  5. mem
    i did open a thread regarding minus.com last week, somehow it has been removed yesterday. (don't know why, posted on site questions forum but no reply yet) there was a good buzz, even co-founder did join precentral to post.

anyways here is the thread i opened there webos app? / General forum / Minus you might also post/vote there. co-founder john xie also posted there saying they are actually working on webos app.
    Quote Originally Posted by mem View Post
    i did open a thread regarding minus.com last week, somehow it has been removed yesterday. (don't know why, posted on site questions forum but no reply yet) there was a good buzz, even co-founder did join precentral to post.

anyways here is the thread i opened there webos app? / General forum / Minus you might also post/vote there. co-founder john xie also posted there saying they are actually working on webos app.
    Yea, I posted on that thread and we had it going on with the invites and were getting extra gigs from other members
    So someone deleted/removed our thread? Why? Not fair
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I posted on that thread too! I think it was deleted because of too much link spam!
    Quote Originally Posted by keplenk View Post
    I posted on that thread too! I think it was deleted because of too much link spam!
    Well...they need to read first!
    We weren't spamming the forums, just helping out one another with our storage problem for our devices
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    @ mem

I know, i read your original thread and voted on minus and when i got a response from them, i went looking for your thread to post the response and couldn't find it either. hence this new thread.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I am not going to open a new thread for this...maybe i should post in the apps forum but i received an email today...

"We do not have the resources right now to dedicate to WebOS app. If anyone can find volunteers to help create on based on the API - Minus.com please do have them contact us !"

So if anyone is able to assist?
    instead of another app doing he same as box.net and dropbox it would be nice to see an alternative version that integrates with the touchpads system further than the other 2 manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by gryedouge View Post
    I am not going to open a new thread for this...maybe i should post in the apps forum but i received an email today...

"We do not have the resources right now to dedicate to WebOS app. If anyone can find volunteers to help create on based on the API - Minus.com please do have them contact us !"

So if anyone is able to assist?
    There's a high probability I'll have this in Internalz HD
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/18/2011 at 07:25 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    cdjh, geekpeter and stevco like this.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    "We do not have the resources right now to dedicate to WebOS app. If anyone can find volunteers to help create on based on the API - Minus.com please do have them contact us ! "

ok guys get to work :P