Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    need a true terminal services client for touchpad. Lots of them available in ios, and apparently there is open source starting point available. It's crazy to install ubuntu just to turn the touchpad into a terminal!
    There's a ton of us clamoring for a true RDP client. Allowing access to terminal servers is the last missing piece I need to make my TouchPad 100% work ready.
    Long live webOS!
    Im not sure if anyone can do anything with it or not, but it looks like iRdesktop for iOS is open source
    iRdesktop: Remote Desktop for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch - [ About ]

The code is here iRdesktop: Remote Desktop for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch if someone actually knows what to do with it.
    I'd kick in for a bounty for this
    So would I!
    you guys pay attention to the front page here? A couple of days ago was an article about a rdp client coming soon
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    you guys pay attention to the front page here? A couple of days ago was an article about a rdp client coming soon
    That was for SplashTop which is a remote desktop application that uses it's own server software that must be installed on the machine you want to connect to. What we're referring to is a true RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) client that utilizes the native Windows RDP to allow connections to terminal servers and whatnot in environments where we can't install random applications onto boxes.
    Long live webOS!
    hmm. I was under the impression that Splashtop was actually a RDP client.. Guess I must've missed that, or just assumed it was.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    hmm. I was under the impression that Splashtop was actually a RDP client.. Guess I must've missed that, or just assumed it was.
    Yeah, you have to run Splashtop Streamer on the computer you will control and then the Splashtop Remote Desktop on your tab. Too bad.

FWIW, I think it is probably based on some kind of Terminal Services thing.

I would rather have VNC support.
    fyi, this thread has a bit of info on some progress being made. Not native app, but dependencies largely only on stuff you can get out of preware. Hope to make it more user-friendly soon.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...uchpad-12.html
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Splashtop for the TouchPad will be released soon - sign up here for notification: You asked for it! We listened!
    Quote Originally Posted by christr View Post
    fyi, this thread has a bit of info on some progress being made. Not native app, but dependencies largely only on stuff you can get out of preware. Hope to make it more user-friendly soon.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...uchpad-12.html
    any luck with simplifying this?