Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, new Pre 2 user. Doctored the Pre 2 to 2.1 and restored profile from 1.4.5.1. All apps installed except Let's Golf. Every time I run the installation, I get an "install failed" error. Can anyone help?
    I've been having the same issue with Let's Golf.

"Touchstone Weather" also fails.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I hadn't tried Lets Golf on my Pre2 since getting it a few weeks ago. I installed mine using WOSQI. The one thing I noticed is that it runs very fast on my Pre2 compared to my Pre+ that was overclocked to 1ghz.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I hadn't tried Lets Golf on my Pre2 since getting it a few weeks ago. I installed mine using WOSQI. The one thing I noticed is that it runs very fast on my Pre2 compared to my Pre+ that was overclocked to 1ghz.
    How did you install with WOSQI?
    I also installed Lets Golf on my Pre2 using WOSQI.But its totally opposite in my case it's very slow compared to Pre2 compared to my Pre+. Anyone know why?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I had to re-meta-doctor my Pre+ to 2.1.0 last weekend and noticed that I no longer had Let's Golf.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Well I had it, then I reset mine and it's failing too. We need to contact Gameloft for an update?
    I actually wasted time and spoke to both Gameloft and HP Catalog support over this. Gameloft sees nothing wrong on their end and HP Catalog support said the typical "we are aware of the problem blah blah blah, we are working on fixing it blah blah, sorry" sooo looks like I'm out $5...
    If I helped you, please help me by signing up for Dropbox so I can get more space!

Current Phone: Droid Bionic
    Well if they ARE aware of it, that's a good thing
  10.    #10  
    I opened a case with Gameloft Monday evening. Haven't heard back from them today.
    It took gameloft a week to get back to me. HP catalog support was a nice live chat option but the tech tried to make me redo everything I already tried so it was a long process
    If I helped you, please help me by signing up for Dropbox so I can get more space!

Current Phone: Droid Bionic
    same problem...

any solutions?
  13.    #13  
    This is the email I got from them this morning:

Dear customer,
    Thank you for your letter to Gameloft Support.
    I suggest that you reinstall the apps from the App Catalog.
    1.Tap the "App Catalog" icon to launch the storefront application. The App Catalog icon is display displayed as a shopping bag.
    2.Tap the search bar and type the name of the app you want to reinstall. Press "Enter."
    3. Tap the app you want to reinstall.
    4. Tap "Download again for free." The app will be reinstalled on your Palm Pre.
    Thank you once again, and don't be shy to get in touch with us inc case of any other questions.
    Best regards,
    Once they get enough of these, the "thorn" will start to fester and they will notice. Keep it up.
  15.    #15  
    I guess contacting them doesn't do any good. This is the email I got from them this morning:

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that your problem persists.

If you want to get a refund please get back to Palm App catalog since they are the ones selling the game.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Best regards,
    -------------------------------
    Yana Lapko
    Customer Care Agent
    Arg! I didn't see this thread before I bought the game today. This bites.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jopamora View Post
    Arg! I didn't see this thread before I bought the game today. This bites.
    I'd say everyone having a problem, report it to Gameloft as they think it's working fine on the Pre 2.
    Gameloft Contact Support
    Honestly, I agree with them. It's not the only app that's not installing (as I mentioned, Touchstone Weather has the same problem). It seems likely to me that it is Palm's fault, but I haven't heard anything from them on the issue.
    I sent Gameloft an email entitled "fraud, ripoff of customers, etc...". It was in reference to their games that I have paid for being unavailable in the app catalog or failing to install. I listed Let's Golf, Brain Challenge, and a couple others. I had let's golf trying to install for a few days. I sent the email on Sunday. Let's Golf successfully installed on Tuesday.

Perhaps more people should email them. Maybe they will bring back Brain Challenge. Its not right so many people paid for their games and are unable to use them. I told them that is not encouraging to purchase more apps from them or recommend them to anyone else. Whether its their fault or HP's that is unacceptable. All their games are available in IOS app store. I do not own an Android device so I can not mention availability there.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    I sent Gameloft an email entitled "fraud, ripoff of customers, etc...". It was in reference to their games that I have paid for being unavailable in the app catalog or failing to install. I listed Let's Golf, Brain Challenge, and a couple others. I had let's golf trying to install for a few days. I sent the email on Sunday. Let's Golf successfully installed on Tuesday.

Perhaps more people should email them. Maybe they will bring back Brain Challenge. Its not right so many people paid for their games and are unable to use them. I told them that is not encouraging to purchase more apps from them or recommend them to anyone else. Whether its their fault or HP's that is unacceptable. All their games are available in IOS app store. I do not own an Android device so I can not mention availability there.
    huh, just tried it and it worked. I emailed them on Monday, but never heard from them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast