webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > robotek upgrade for touchpad??
robotek upgrade for touchpad??
Like Tree15Likes

Old 09/07/2011, 10:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

OK, just downloaded new upgrade for touchpad for robotek. It is super buggy, the in app purchases say they can't be done, for a unknown error, and um, the screen down right doesn't respond when you tap things. Yikes. Anyone else having issues?

update_ hey guys, so big notice of change so far with the update, but after a week now, things seem to be working themselves out. The app isn't freezing as much and search time for a multiplayer opponent takes about 2 min. So far so good.

How is everyone enjoying the update so far? You guys kicking *****?

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Last edited by vella_; 09/14/2011 at 04:54 PM.
vella_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2011, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have issues with the multilayer part. I can't find anyone to play.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
viper151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman and vella_ like this.
Old 09/07/2011, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I played someone on it this morning... I'm thinking it's not cross-platform so there's not as many users as other versions, but that's just a guess. It took about a minute to find someone.

For the second time, I lost my In-App Purchase apparently though, it vanished. (First time was due to a webOS doctor and so I decided just to buy it again, now it's gone again).
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by vella_ likes this.
Old 09/07/2011, 11:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
I played someone on it this morning... I'm thinking it's not cross-platform so there's not as many users as other versions, but that's just a guess. It took about a minute to find someone.

For the second time, I lost my In-App Purchase apparently though, it vanished. (First time was due to a webOS doctor and so I decided just to buy it again, now it's gone again).
maybe they are working on it, I know updates means bugs, but the freezing is so annoying. I love robotek , I'm obsessed, this upgrade will be great when it works eventually. I just reached level 11, I was hoping to play online some. :-(

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Last edited by vella_; 09/07/2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09/07/2011, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
I have issues with the multilayer part. I can't find anyone to play.

mine was searching for 10 min

update- I got to finally play someone on multiplayer. Average search time was 4min.

Last edited by vella_; 09/08/2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09/08/2011, 12:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

It is buggy! It crashed several times during play.
metrotiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 01:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm having a problem: No hack against me has failed! Aaaah!
Psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman and vella_ like this.
Old 09/08/2011, 03:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Awesome! Multiplayer is fun. Played one match and destroyed my opponent. Only problem is it won't let me change my name. Keyboard is stuck in the way of the Okay button and it wont go away.

Edit* Huh, I'm not sure what I did differently, but it started working. Also, average wait time for me... about 3 seconds.

Last edited by finecismad; 09/08/2011 at 03:55 AM.
finecismad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 06:53 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

I think that the other platforms have problems finding opponents too. I was trying for like to 10 minutes on my Desire but couldn't find anyone

Old 09/08/2011, 10:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

wait time is down, maybe it will only get better from here. but seems coins won and invested in our campaigns don't convert over to our online duels. -sigh-

Old 09/08/2011, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Waiting almost 20 minutes Anyone wanna join?? :P
Old 09/08/2011, 10:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
I'm having a problem: No hack against me has failed! Aaaah!
gah, me either!

Old 09/08/2011, 11:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

had problems with it crashing yesterday, did a device restart, and seems like after a bit of playing it settled in and ran better. Was also having multiplayer / online issues issues and after playing campaign for about an hour or 2 the online worked, but couldn't get in app purchases to work. Low and behold after playing for about an hour or 2 online the in app purchases started working and now it runs just fine and really no issues. Finding matchup was slow at first, but now I have updated my profile to edit and pick my custom username, and now I'd say finding a matchup takes less than 10 seconds 80% of the time, 20 seconds or less 10% of the time, and if its longer I back out to the main menu and try again, which almost always solves it and finds a matchup.

how long has the TP version been out bc I've matched up against some people that have advanced their profiles quite a bit. Would be nice if there was a platform identifier like Ace Casio, Ace Blackjack, Poker, etc, will show users device platform. I.e. webOS, iOS, android, pc, etc... .
jmleese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2011, 11:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmleese View Post
had problems with it crashing yesterday, did a device restart, and seems like after a bit of playing it settled in and ran better. Was also having multiplayer / online issues issues and after playing campaign for about an hour or 2 the online worked, but couldn't get in app purchases to work. Low and behold after playing for about an hour or 2 online the in app purchases started working and now it runs just fine and really no issues. Finding matchup was slow at first, but now I have updated my profile to edit and pick my custom username, and now I'd say finding a matchup takes less than 10 seconds 80% of the time, 20 seconds or less 10% of the time, and if its longer I back out to the main menu and try again, which almost always solves it and finds a matchup.

how long has the TP version been out bc I've matched up against some people that have advanced their profiles quite a bit. Would be nice if there was a platform identifier like Ace Casio, Ace Blackjack, Poker, etc, will show users device platform. I.e. webOS, iOS, android, pc, etc... .
I know what you mean, I'm not sure how long its been out, but the multiplayer version just came out. I was playing like I had my bot from my campaign, with the coins I have invested in him, but seems online is different profile bot, lol I have 2 coins so far, kinda sad, I got my **** handed to me. But I got the in app purchase to work earlier, finally. I too selected my name and iv noticed better response times to find a match. But the freezing is still pretty bad.I have to restart the app completely when it does. Never froze before, hopefully it will work itself out.

Old 09/09/2011, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

I think someone has figured out how to cheat or is incredibly lucky.
I just played a game where the other player started the game with 6 jackpots in a row. He had all elites and me at half health before I even got a spin.
prim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2011, 05:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
I think someone has figured out how to cheat or is incredibly lucky.
I just played a game where the other player started the game with 6 jackpots in a row. He had all elites and me at half health before I even got a spin.

Never had 6 in a row, but I've had up to 3. If you watch the wheels well enough, you can sometimes get the timing down pretty well to be able to do it a bunch.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2011, 09:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

I think the playing field is extremely uneven online. You play someone who has a rating of 2200, you have per say 1080, you have 3 coins invested, they have 15 coins invested, depending in what they invested them in, the odds favor them considerably. I wish that the multiplayer option gave an option to play by rating groups, so you at least have a fighting chance. I played a few this morning and literally was 4 moves behind due to perfect rolls and hacks that were successful. Makes it not even fun. I hope there's going to be a update for the update!

Liked by metrotiger likes this.
Old 09/14/2011, 04:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

Anyone know how to change your robots name in multiplayer mode? My name is like Player75058 and the first match I had was against someone else with a similar name. The second match though I fought someone (and kicked their ***!) who had a custom name. I forget what it was, but it was clearly set by someone. Also, while the first battle we each had 100HP, my second battle we had 250 each and I got 3700 exp for winning. Went up two and a half levels on that one.
enki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/2011, 04:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enki View Post
Anyone know how to change your robots name in multiplayer mode? My name is like Player75058 and the first match I had was against someone else with a similar name. The second match though I fought someone (and kicked their ***!) who had a custom name. I forget what it was, but it was clearly set by someone. Also, while the first battle we each had 100HP, my second battle we had 250 each and I got 3700 exp for winning. Went up two and a half levels on that one.
Nevermind. As soon as I asked I figured it out.

In case anyone else was wondering, in MP mode, click on your name in the stats box. Then click Profile at the bottom right. Then click your name and you can change it.
enki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/14/2011, 04:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enki View Post
Nevermind. As soon as I asked I figured it out.

In case anyone else was wondering, in MP mode, click on your name in the stats box. Then click Profile at the bottom right. Then click your name and you can change it.
I noticed the levels change too. But I think they either choose by the higher level, I'm level 8 in multiplayer, so if you are level 2 and you beat me, you score major exp points. Iv had to take a break from online playing. The hacks are freaking killing me!

Thanked By: wes297

Tags
robotek

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0