Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By W00sh
  1.    #1  
    With iOS, you can just walk into Walmart and buy a gift card for the App Store. Any equivalent for the HP App Catalog?

Thank you
  2.    #2  
    So, HP does not have a gift card program?
    Quote Originally Posted by NealJ777 View Post
    So, HP does not have a gift card program?
    probably not... I was also wondering about this.

I currently use a prepaid Visa card with $1 remaining balance on my HP App Catalog
    account because I don't like having so many stores keep my credit card number on
    file.

A gift card for HP App Catalog is a great idea.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by roundruler View Post
    I currently use a prepaid Visa card ...
    Good idea! I'm going to look into prepaid/reloadable cards. Unfortunately, CoinStar does not offer prepaid cards as an option.
    Good idea! I'm going to look into prepaid/reloadable cards. Unfortunately, CoinStar does not offer prepaid cards as an option.
    They do, but only at certain locations. (or have they stopped doing this recently?)
  6.    #6  
    I don't see it on their web page. However, they do have CVS gift cards, so maybe I could use the CVS gift card to buy a prepaid VISA.
    I don't see it on their web page. However, they do have CVS gift cards, so maybe I could use the CVS gift card to buy a prepaid VISA.

When you use the Coinstar locator, select option "cash card" (Green Dot Prepaid Mastercard
    ) on the bottom left. If the location listed has a dollar sign, then that machine can give you a prepaid mastercard. It varies... the coinstar machine inside my local Walmart doesn't have the prepaid Mastercard option. However, the Coinstar machine acrsoss the street in a Kmart does.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    When you use the Coinstar locator, select option "cash card" (Green Dot Prepaid Mastercard
    ) on the bottom left. ...

I do not see this option on the Coinstar page.
    I do not see this option on the Coinstar page.
    If you're in the US, try this:

(1) go to Coinstar Machine Locator
    (2) enter your zip code or city/state
    (3) click on "Search for Specific Products <<" on the left, just above the green locator button
    (4) a list of options will come up, Cash card / Green Dot Prepaid Mastercard is on bottom left
    (5) click green "LOCATE" button
    (6) locations with Mastercard option will have a dollar sign under the address

Hope this helps!
  10.    #10  
    Thank you.

The closest location to me that has this option is 45 miles away.

I'll just get a VISA gift card instead.
    Is there any way users in other countries like the Philippines -- where I am -- avail of such prepaid cards?
    HP's losing a lot of Christmas money. I really wanted someone to buy me Audubon Trees as a Christmas present.It's still only 4.99, but I'd be able to say "Here's the present you bought me.", and show off the touchpad some. If my friends have to look into buying a virtual credit card, I'm gonna get screwed. And someone mailing me $4.99 just isn't the same. I can't believe this---well, with HP, yes I can. I'd think this would have been in the pre-pre-pre touchpad planning stages. "How are we going to make money off of this and charge for this?" T
    You plug your phone in?
    johncampanale likes this.
    I should have bought audubon trees instead of complaining.... It's back up to $10 now.
    You plug your phone in?
    Thank you.

The closest location to me that has this option is 45 miles away.

I'll just get a VISA gift card instead.

Personally, I'd say save yourselves some money and open a zero minimum checking account with a local credit union. Then you can just use the linked debit card on the account and transfer funds to the account whenever you want to make a purchase.

Or actually CapitalOne offers a no fees no minimum online checking account that gives you a MasterCard debit card if you can't find a local credit union.
    Last edited by Orion Antares; 12/19/2011 at 09:20 PM.
    Gift cards cost an absolute -ton- of money to get setup with. The companies that build those systems are insanely profitable.

But it would be nice if you could purchase a promo code to give to someone!!!!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Personally, I'd say save yourselves some money and open a zero minimum checking account with a local credit union. Then you can just use the linked debit card on the account and transfer funds to the account whenever you want to make a purchase.
    This is what I ended up doing.

My apologies for not updating the thread. I kind of lost track of it.