Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    A fellow worker has a Touchpad 16 GB which has an e-mail problem noted elsewhere in these forums. Perhap someone has a fix for it.

When he tries to open e-mails, he gets a "Retrieving e-mail text" or similar message, but the text doesn't show up. This seems to happen randomly to most e-mails, but not with certain others, though they are in the minority.

As noted elsewhere, tapping on the "reply" icon brings up a reply message with the text of the original message visible!

Others have tried deleting and re-entering the e-mail account, to no avail. We re-started the Touchpad, again to no avail.

Any fixes would be appreciated!

Thanks to all WebOSers who may be able to help.

Mike
    I’m seeing this too, only with my company's POP email, and only with emails from certain people within my company.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    I just posted my experiences in another thread. Having the same problems you guys are.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jboucicaut View Post
    I just posted my experiences in another thread. Having the same problems you guys are.
    Me too. Started today.
    Did any of you just updated to the newest version of the Muffled Logging patch (22)? That seems to be the cause from the reports on various threads.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    Did any of you just updated to the newest version of the Muffled Logging patch (22)? That seems to be the cause from the reports on various threads.
    I removed the patch and it seemed to have fixed the issue! I'm hesitant to re-install it yet, do you think it's safe to do so?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    I removed the patch and it seemed to have fixed the issue! I'm hesitant to re-install it yet, do you think it's safe to do so?
    I would wait until the dev has had a chance to look at what's going on and provide some insights.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    I removed patch but still have problem.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Check out the fix here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...tachments.html

You might have reboot twice...or remove and resync mail accounts. Don't doctor it!
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I am having the issue of the email body not loading and shows "retrieving email txt". Eventually the msg changes to "An error occurred downloading this message" "reload". I have uninstalled 'muffle logging" patch and rebooted to no avail. About to go down the doctoring road.
    ^check out the 'fix' in link of previous post. Worked for me!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlynch53 View Post
    A fellow worker has a Touchpad 16 GB which has an e-mail problem noted elsewhere in these forums. Perhap someone has a fix for it.

When he tries to open e-mails, he gets a "Retrieving e-mail text" or similar message, but the text doesn't show up. This seems to happen randomly to most e-mails, but not with certain others, though they are in the minority.

As noted elsewhere, tapping on the "reply" icon brings up a reply message with the text of the original message visible!

Others have tried deleting and re-entering the e-mail account, to no avail. We re-started the Touchpad, again to no avail.

Any fixes would be appreciated!

Thanks to all WebOSers who may be able to help.

Mike
    This is a legacy issue. I see this on my palm pre from time to time as well as TP. Not related to Muffle logging patch. Not sure if it would ever get fixed.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...egacy-one.html
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I have the same issue of having the retrieving the email text error, but it is only with two email address's. I know it is not the muffeled logging patch problem because I doctored my TP and the email did the same thing. These emails work ok on my pre but not the touchpad. The two email address's have multiable addressee's in them. webOS 3.x has done something different to the email app from version 1.4.5.