1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, I'm brandon , I just got my HP Touchpad 32Gb but since i live in the caribbean i'm not being allow to use the amazon kindle software(although i can use it on my blackberry) I'm hoping someone knows of a decent ebook reader for the touchpad(not the small screen pre stuff) a good multi-format reader i'd be greatful if someone can point me in the right direction.
    Installl preware and look for pReader Alpha (native).

Its not perfect but so far the best (not to say the only ) eBook reader for the Touchpad.

Another option to grab the Kindle app is described in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...le-app-uk.html

However, sideloading books (opening ebooks not bought through amazon) requires some effort as well. See this thread for more info: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

Regards,
    Alphajoe
    pReader. It's not as good as the android readers but it does the job. It's also free ...
    I used to have the Pre (loved it!!) but never read, now considering getting a Touchpad if I can get my hands on it.

So, bare with me, can you download Overdrive Console? This allows connections via pc and Ipad to libraries to download ebooks.

You say no Kindle, another other good apps? Either purchase books, but I
    really like the concept of Overdrive that lets you tap into your library and check out books that way.
  5.    #5  
    I'd like to thank everyone for they reply, i'm currently intalling pReader and i'll give it a try once completed. It's weird about the kindle app though as i have it on my blackberry and i've downloaded books and i read them..oh well.. thanks again guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylabby View Post
    I'd like to thank everyone for they reply, i'm currently intalling pReader and i'll give it a try once completed. It's weird about the kindle app though as i have it on my blackberry and i've downloaded books and i read them..oh well.. thanks again guys.
    If you're going to use pReader, you're going to want to make sure you use the native version. The one in the App Catalog is the non-native, MUCH slower, version. The best place to get the latest version of pReader native is to go to the official support thread. The version there is the latest, and often newer than the version in preware. The support thread is here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-homebrew-apps/274511-preader-native-alpha-release.html

In the first post, you'll see a link to Sourceforge. Tap on that then tap on the .ipk file with the highest version number and Internalz or preware will open to install it for you.

Right now, pReader supports tons of non-DRM formats as well as the eReader DRM. That format is for files with a .pdb extension that you can get from eReader.com, fictionwise.com, or BN.com. To get eReader formatted files from BN.com, you need to either download them with a Mac or the older BN eReader for PC - not nook for PC. Mobi DRM and B&N ePub DRM are coming soon. The developer is writing as fast as he can, but he just started a job at Intel so his "free" time is a little more constrained these days. Support for Adobe Digital Editions DRM will not be coming soon, if ever. It is not an open format and hasn't been reverse engineered yet so he's got no way of coding for it.

If you have any questions or issues with pReader native, please drop in at the official support thread. We'd be happy to have you
    tbh I never really noticed the catalogue version being slow even though I now use the native version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    tbh I never really noticed the catalogue version being slow even though I now use the native version.
    Mostly, what's slower is file importing. With the native version, I can get about 200 books in less than 5 minutes while the original version could actually take over a minute to import ONE book. Most other things they perform petty much the same as you noted. One other potential advantage is that jappus recently implemented a more robust page caching on the native version. In the old version, it basically loaded each page as needed. The native version has a larger cache so most page turns are fed from the cache instead of the overhead of loading enough text for a page & formatting on the fly then displaying. It seems to make more difference on the TouchPad than the phone with more data per page at the same font size.
    i have the hp touchpad and i'm unable to bypass the server error
    it is registered in Trinidad but of course the Touchpad doesn't have that country
    how do i configure the device