1.    #1  
    Hi
    Can anyone please help? I am trying to run applications designed for the Pre (beeb news, LMGTFY etc) in full screen mode on my TP. I thought I'd read somewhere that it was possible to do this, but I can't find where I read it. When I run the App it opens a "virtual Pre" and shows the Application within. However I'd love it if these could be run in fullscreen.

Does anyone know how to do this / what I need to install to make this work?

Many thanks in advance
    Cant be done. Look up touchpad HD patches to see how difficult it is make them do it. At least from the user end.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I did wonder if they couldn't just scale up, like games do. There'd still be room for a virtual gesture area.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  4.    #5  
    Many thanks for the responses. Looks like you have to be a code guru to make this work. It's a shame that there isn't an app/setting which just magnifies the entire app to fit on the TP screen, gesture area and all.

Thanks anyway
    It's only one line to insert into the appinfo.json file.
    Problem is: there is no back gesture area. So you need to include back buttons if necessary.
  6.    #7  
    But magnifying the app would still allow for a gesture area.

Thanks for your help
    Hi there,

I can see lots of patching and things going on, - is there any way to make the 'pre' programs appear in a full-size screen, rather than the shrunk down 'emulation' screen....?

I'm not talking about re-compiling, or re-coding graphics etc - just simply expanding the 'little emulation' screen so that it is the full screen size of the touchpad... - surely this shouldn't be too difficult, given the 'expand/shrink' capabilities that are built into other apps like the browser (i.e. the pinch-zoom....)?

I think it would make the 'pre' programs _far_ more usable... - a small emulator screen looks silly to my mind....

What do you think?

Thanks

Carl.
    I second that. Except, I think if it were possible they would have jumped on that. I take that back. I'm sure it is possible because certain apps, especially gaming apps like angry birds, show up full size. They are just a bit grainy.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    It is fairly easy for developers to add a patch to PDK apps to make them run full screen, most developers simply aren't doing it for one of two reasons: 1) They have given up and fled webOS development or 2) They are working on an HD (TouchPad specific) version of their app and they feel if they do the patch to make their old app run full screen, people won't purchase their new HD app.
    True - but, I'd have thought this is something the internalz guys might be able to look at? - the problem is with the emulator, not the programs you want to run within it...?

The best solution I'd say would be to have a 'normal', 'medium' and 'large' button on the emulator:
    Normal: as is now
    Medium: larger, but not full screen - approx half way - for if the screen gets too grainy
    Large: full screen (minus space for said three buttons!)

Any internalz guys care to comment?

Cheers

Carl.
    I would love to see this.
    i would think it should be possible i have tried to add evernote and jstop to the widgets in glimpse and they instead open a second card and display in full screen -- if you try just to open them they open in the emulator -- both look nice as full screen apps
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Full screen would be nice. There is room needed for the touch area though and as such a 2x the normal size would be a good idea (a bit like APPL does with the iPad)

So 320 480 ==> 640 x 960 with touch area area emulated would be great, but I guess it's also hard because I think that Palm otherwise would have done it already.

regards,

J
    It's more irritating for me to have to turn the TP from landscape to portrait mode, than to look at a an app which doesn't fill the screen.
    Thanks Dr Battery - I hadn't spotted that thread....

Its a real shame that it appears you can't scale up - although I did note that all that is required is a single line in one of the files - I'm guessing it's near impossible to take an existing .ipk file, open it, insert the single line, re-package it and use it?

As blue duck butter says above - the developer may have 'gone away' in which case, the app will never get updated....
    Thanks Dr Battery - I hadn't spotted that thread....

Its a real shame that it appears you can't scale up - although I did note that all that is required is a single line in one of the files - I'm guessing it's near impossible to take an existing .ipk file, open it, insert the single line, re-package it and use it?

As blue duck butter says above - the developer may have 'gone away' in which case, the app will never get updated....
    merge