1.    #1  
    I was wondering if there was a way to set up the stock browser to display "full" or "desktop" versions of websites instead of the "mobile"version????

Thanks in advance

PJ
  2.    #2  
    Bueller Bueller......anyone???? anyone????
  3.    #3  
    Bump
    Not that I know of. Best bet is to insert an m before the address like m.precentral.net
  5.    #5  
    I don't want the mobile version to be displayed, I want the full or desktop version.....
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    PJ,
    If you're getting the mobile version of a website, I'll betcha donuts to dollars that it is due to the website doing some sort of detection and displaying that version of the site. Some websites allow you to specify and set a preference (some even allow the setting to persist).

The point that I'm trying to make is that there is no set standard in industry and every website operator is doing whatever they think their audience would like, so you're really at the mercy of the website's operator that is sheperding you to their mobile version.

I know it is now what you're hoping for but it is reality after all. /mauro
    Palm Pilot -> IBM WorkPad -> Handspring Visor -> Palm VIIx -> Palm T|X -> Palm Pre -> US GSM Palm Pre 2 [shelved] and 16GB HP TouchPad [died] -> (Samsung GNex and 32GB HP Touchpad with CM9)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro1 View Post
    PJ,
    If you're getting the mobile version of a website, I'll betcha donuts to dollars that it is due to the website doing some sort of detection and displaying that version of the site. Some websites allow you to specify and set a preference (some even allow the setting to persist).

The point that I'm trying to make is that there is no set standard in industry and every website operator is doing whatever they think their audience would like, so you're really at the mercy of the website's operator that is sheperding you to their mobile version.

I know it is now what you're hoping for but it is reality after all. /mauro
    thanks for the reply, I got it now.

the funny thing is that when I access the site from my phone it doesn't show the mobile version which is why I thought it might be a browser setting....