webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > KeePassW
KeePassW
Like Tree4Likes

Old 03/23/2012, 04:55 PM   #61 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

As said before: The current version is not working on any phone, only on the touchpad.

It could be possible to get it working on 2.x phones, but it's not the case currently and as it seems development is halted.... :-(

I suggest not to update your Pre- to 2.1.0 if that is your main phone and you don't have other very strong reasons for that.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/06/2012, 08:08 AM   #62 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi, just for information, I got the source and make the app compatible with gizmo21 phone (Pre3) and other Enyo-enabled phones (WebOS 2.x) and made other small improvements. Is there still lack for this app for phone? I can post some link for my testing version. Just continued as KeePassW 0.2.6.
But my main project is still GoogleMaps.
Old 08/06/2012, 08:11 AM   #63 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
Hi, just for information, I got the source and make the app compatible with gizmo21 phone (Pre3) and other Enyo-enabled phones (WebOS 2.x) and made other small improvements. Is there still lack for this app for phone? I can post some link for my testing version. Just continued as KeePassW 0.2.6.
i'm testing it and will report back here.
Old 08/06/2012, 11:23 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
plz share a link.
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2012, 01:24 AM   #65 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Temporary link for download here: KeePassW 0.2.6

You have to export your database from KeePass 2.x as XML, rename it to Database.xml and copy to the internal storage of Pre.

Then (or before, doesnīt matter) install the app, first login, set the password (remember it, no way to back... only clear all). Tap to the menu to Import XML, dialog appears, leave it as is, it is filled with default path to the internal storage. Wait while the dark scrim gone and import is done and you will see your keys.
Then delete the XML file from the internal storage.

You can see that you can swipe from right to the left, you can do everything that Touchpad users can with 0.2.5. I added the button to the header, it is second way how to swipe the panel, and in the button I added the number of keys in group just for better orientation on phone device, where you canīt see both panes at one time.. (only in landscape). Added the scroller to the popup of new keys (absolutly needed for phone devices), added forced focus to the textfields, it was poisonous always to tap to the textfield before typing the master key or first entry of key.

This release is compatible with touchpad too, I added the if statement, WebOS 3.x and above use filepicker, else this new path popup dialog.

Old 08/07/2012, 01:33 AM   #66 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

It works also on Pre2 but UI could be optimized (any other volunteers, 72ka should better work on Maps ).
Key at the end of a list can sometimes only be viewed in landscape.

have only one question regarding a log entry appearing on Start:

[2012-08-06 20:19:37] (registered) no.: 'de.dev2day.keepassw.keys:1' (-3970) - sender='de.dev2day.keepassw.app 1066' method='find' payload='{"query":{"from":"de.dev2day.keepassw.keys:1"}}'
[2012-08-06 20:19:38] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: de.dev2day.keepassw.app: Tellurium : Subscribe Service..., file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.js:12085
[2012-08-06 20:19:38] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: de.dev2day.keepassw.app: Tellurium loading..., file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.js:12746
[2012-08-06 20:19:38] (activitymanager[1540]) user.warning: [activitymanager.resourcecontainermanager] No container currently mapped for [BusId appId:de.dev2day.keepassw.app]
[2012-08-06 20:19:38] (ls-hubd) user.crit: ERROR: "com.palm.telluriumservice" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "de.dev2day.keepassw.app" (requester pid: 1669, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
[2012-08-06 20:19:38] (LunaSysMgr) user.notice: de.dev2day.keepassw.app: Tellurium service not available., file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.js:12112
[2012-08-06 20:19:41] (keymanager[1202]) user.info: [keymanager] storeKey request received.
[2012-08-06 20:19:41] (keymanager[1202]) user.info: [keymanager] storeKey de.dev2day.keepassw.key request for de.dev2day.keepassw.app

Anybody knows what Tellurium service is, i just found some "ignore that" threads but what is it what i should ignore. At least i give all my personal data to this app.
Old 08/07/2012, 03:00 AM   #67 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi, I was surprised by Tellurium too... it is enyo service, but looks like not present in Enyo in WebOS 2.x (in WebOS 3.x loads this service properly) ... it is called when the app is launched, but the app donīt use this service. And Google says nothing more about this service... Enyo is not well documented. If someone knows more, please explain what the hell Tellurium is

Tellurium is trying to load for Bing Maps too on WebOS 2.x ... the same, without succes. Dontīt worry if the service failed to load.. and in the code is nothing dangerous, the keys are imported directly to the encrypted database. The dangerous is only the XML file in storage, I highly recommended to delete it immediatelly after import.

Anyway.. the UI isnīt well optimized, but the first goal is done.. app works on phone

As I said... you can expect some progress in development from me, because I want to learn Enyo and this is challenge for me

EDIT: I dived into source code of Enyo framework... looks like that the Tellurium is the main core-service for all the scene management, events, etc. on TouchPad (WebOS 3.x). But on WebOS 2.x this function do Mojo controller. This corresponds with that the tellurium failed to load on WebOS 2.x and still all works.

Last edited by 72ka; 08/07/2012 at 03:17 AM.
72ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Garfonso
Old 08/07/2012, 06:18 AM   #68 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Great news, that finally somebody is again working on this app.

Great.
Old 08/07/2012, 09:57 PM   #69 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

if you like this, feel free to try 72ka's google maps app and donate for his new device:

New Google Maps for WebOS - native javascript API
Old 08/09/2012, 02:49 PM   #70 (permalink)

Wanting a KeePass app so badly, but still have two questions:
- How safe is the password storage in the device?
- How does KeePassW handle updates? Like if I changed a password and import it. Or do I just need to delete everything and reimport?

Nevertheless, will test it and report back :-)

If you need a translator again, tell me :-)

Greetings
Chris
chris42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2012, 03:07 PM   #71 (permalink)

First feedback: Not installing on my Pre3
Preware as well as WebOs Quick Install are cycling to death. Any ideas what to do?

[EDIT]
Apparently my Preware was broken, reinstalled it and it worked.
[/EDIT]

Last edited by chris42; 08/09/2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 08/09/2012, 04:07 PM   #72 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

well as far as i can see in impostah all my entries are encrypted directly to the database:

{
"_id": "++I5qk2U1IWR_Zwh",
"_kind": "de.dev2day.keepassw.groups:1",
"_rev": 3385559,
"_sync": true,
"name": "0orHNlG5ip5eAO9GZOpdlA=="
}

{
"_id": "++I5qk9wDfdWvOlX",
"_kind": "de.dev2day.keepassw.keys:2",
"_rev": 3385560,
"_sync": true,
"desc": "BkeJlL546hXev31HB8D09Q==",
"encPW": "decGkPaxg+4V9KBsHJW6og==",
"gid": "++I5qk2U1IWR_Zwh",
"imported": false,
"name": "0orHNlG5ip5eAO9GZOpdlA==",
"url": "BkeJlL546hXev31HB8D09Q==",
"user": "decGkPaxg+4V9KBsHJW6og=="
}

Also as all the app can be seen in sourcecode you can check for yourself.

btw. installed on my Pre2 and Pre3, but as i had the nonworking 0.2.5 installed before the icon stayed the same until reboot. i suggest deinstall 0.2.5 before installing 0.2.6.

btw. what does sync=true mean in database entry? Is it possible keepass entries are backed up by palm profile backup?
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2012, 04:10 PM   #73 (permalink)

First issue I found:
Imported a list of notes into the app. So if I go to the list of keys and try to open a note that is big enough to go outside of the screen and I try to scroll, I can scroll, but as soon as I let go, it moves back to the top.
Old 08/09/2012, 04:13 PM   #74 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
First issue I found:
Imported a list of notes into the app. So if I go to the list of keys and try to open a note that is big enough to go outside of the screen and I try to scroll, I can scroll, but as soon as I let go, it moves back to the top.
yes as i and 72ka said UI elements not optimized for phone. He made the port initally cause i wanted to sell my pre3 to dev that also ports keepass to phone. So just a beginning. some things work better in landscape, try that.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2012, 08:10 AM   #75 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
well as far as i can see in impostah all my entries are encrypted directly to the database:

btw. what does sync=true mean in database entry? Is it possible keepass entries are backed up by palm profile backup?
https://developer.palm.com/content/a...-json-objects:

Code:
Where is the db8 database file stored? Is it on "/media/internal", so the user can back it up?

It is stored on "/var/db". By setting "sync":true when calling "putKind", you can have Palm back up data objects of that kind. Data is backed up on a daily basis.
So it really seems to be backed up by Palm Servers.

Btw. script for Save&Restore to backup the KeePassW Databases to local USB file would also be nice
Old 08/11/2012, 03:04 AM   #76 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hi,

As I see, this forum is active again. I explored the situation about native kbd support. Looks like that for native kbd support is needed to write 95% of new code. It is too much for me in case where Google maps are in top of Preware downloads (over 3000 downloads), and KeePass users are how much? 10 on this forum?
In this case, I can only continue in dev2day work, make the app better, but still only with xml import from keepass 2.x. Was the app in appcatalog or Preware? I can submit it to the Preware.

Anyway, thank you for reports, nice to see that the app works on phones, it was the first goal, nothing else. Now I can focus to your other requests.

Sent from ICOO D70GT tablet
Old 08/11/2012, 09:03 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi,

As I see, this forum is active again. I explored the situation about native kbd support. Looks like that for native kbd support is needed to write 95% of new code. It is too much for me in case where Google maps are in top of Preware downloads (over 3000 downloads), and KeePass users are how much? 10 on this forum?
In this case, I can only continue in dev2day work, make the app better, but still only with xml import from keepass 2.x. Was the app in appcatalog or Preware? I can submit it to the Preware.

Anyway, thank you for reports, nice to see that the app works on phones, it was the first goal, nothing else. Now I can focus to your other requests.

Guess Preware is OK :-)
Any way a donation will make you work more for the KeepassW to make it better for the phones?
Old 08/11/2012, 10:05 AM   #78 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris42 View Post
Guess Preware is OK :-)
Any way a donation will make you work more for the KeepassW to make it better for the phones?
Hi, everything what I do in the webOS field is not for money, always prefer open source model. If someone consider to send some donation, I feel that the app helps to you and users are satisfied. If you are thinking about donation, send it when you are satisfied with current version, not for the future, because I can't promise anything....

Hope that I explained it as I want, because my English isn't still good for more complicated things :-) ... but better than in Czech right? :-) :-)

Old 08/23/2012, 05:54 AM   #79 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Hi,

KeePassW never was in the Preware feeds, so the visibility is very limited. If you publish it there, maybe more people are interested...

I'd really like to see kbdx support in KeePassW. Do you have write access to the original git repository? Would like to get the newest source code and have a look if kbd(x) support is possible to implement as PDK plugin, so not so much code needs to be rewritten.
Old 01/22/2013, 12:42 PM   #80 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

For anyone who is interested in opening a KeePass file (.kdbx) directly in WebOS, see: KeePassGo - KeePass database viewer

Kind regards,
Berthold
bhutten is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0