Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Is there an app to view sheet music? I'm thinking like For Score on iPad. I'd LOVE to be able to just bring the TP to rehearsals rather than a huge box full of sheet music.

PS - this is my first post. woot!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    That would be cool. I have just been saving my sheet music as PDFs.
    I was planning to use Adobe Acrobat Reader for that. A dedicated app would be cool, though. What format does For Score use for music?
    I did a bit of research. Looks like For Score pulls in PDFs and then gives you the added benefit of marking your music right there on the screen. Very cool! I'd love to see something like that on Webos.
    Jake_M likes this.
    this and a good guitar tablature app would be asweome.
    MercuryCrest likes this.
    I'm both an iPad owner and a TouchPad owner, thanks to the $99 fire sale. I'm also a musician and a music teacher.

I do a lot with music on the iPad, and the possibilities are endless. In addition to ForScore and other apps, you can also utilize Bluetooth foot pedals (see the PageFlip Cicada or AirTurn).

The TouchPad could have this functionality--but the problem may stem from WebOS itself. A developer of one of the iPad music reader apps told me that WebOS (as it stands) won't work--and that HP had contacted them about making an app.

There must be truth to this..something about the PDF handling/APIs or WebOS...because there's only one PDF reader on the iPad.

For now, I'd take any other option for PDF--like a GoodReader for iPad--as Adobe PDF doesn't cut it for music. It's slow, has vertical page turns, and you can't navigate quickly in a larger score.
    Hey!!

Just purchased an HP Touchpad to use as my Digital Sheet Music Reader. Low behold i chose a tablet which seems as if its THE MOST difficult to obtain this feature lol iPad was too crazy expensive to buy just to be used as a sheet music reader. Long story short, I'm curious if any apps have been developed yet for the touchpad that allow you to display sheet music OR as i've been looking through these threads, people have been talking about something called a "patch" ( I'm not too savvy on what that is or how to make it happen ) which allows me to AT LEAST turn the pages left to right as opposed to the vertical page turning it supports now. If anyone can help me with this i would be eternally grateful. Even getting the pages to turn with a simple tap or left and right would help tremendously! Thanks a bunch!!!

-D
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Is there an Android app to do this? If so, you could install CM9 on your TP

Alan
    hmmmmmmm. app idea *takes note*
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    hmmmmmmm. app idea *takes note*

im waiting on pins and needles for this...you don't even know. Just being able to tap the screen to turn the page or sliding it left and right would suffice. ::::crossing fingers and toes::::
    Exactly what are you using that has this "vertical page turning"?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    That would be cool. I have just been saving my sheet music as PDFs.
    If they are pdfs, cant you just use something like picsel quick office?

or what about the pdf reader with all the
    patches talked about in this thread?
    [PATCH/IPK]Adobe PDF Reader Enhancements

I think there is also an app in alpha or beta that will let you highlight pdfs but can't find the thread. The app does not yet have a save function.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Exactly what are you using that has this "vertical page turning"?
    I've just been opening them with Adobe and sliding the pages up. But if I'm actually playing and accidentally begin my slide too far down the bottom, it returns to the home page and becomes a recipe for frustration.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Is there still a demand for this?
    I'm currently working on a enyo-app to display openlyrics song-files (lyrics and chords).
    Anybody interested in testing the app?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    Proximity likes this.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    Is there still a demand for this?
    I'm currently working on a enyo-app to display openlyrics song-files (lyrics and chords).
    Anybody interested in testing the app?
    I would be interested in testing this concept!

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    I'd find something like this useful, if it wasn't restricted to Christian worship songs as indicated by your openlyrics link. You might find that you would have a broader audience, if it wasn't so limited.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    @plcd22: send you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I'd find something like this useful, if it wasn't restricted to Christian worship songs as indicated by your openlyrics link. You might find that you would have a broader audience, if it wasn't so limited.
    OpenLyrics is in no way restricted or limited to christian worship song. It just was created for this usecase but you can use it for what ever song you want to.
    What song/chord-format would you prefer? Maybe it would be possible to create a converter to openlyrics or another parser for my app.

To Clarify: I'm not going to sell this app. I wrote it for my personal need and I'm programming it in my freetime. I'll add it to the hombrew-gallery as soon as some more people have tested it.
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    Thanks for the clarification, but when I actually Googled it, that's all I could find related to it. One of the problems I am finding when I do search lyrics of songs, ie lyrics.com, is generally I can't fit the entire song on the screen at once, (when zoomed in at a level I can read)

Do you have any recommendations on lyric editors, so I can make my own pages, that would be compatible with your app?

If I had 5 slides for a given song, for example....3 verse, 2 chorus.... would their be a way to implement automatic page turning based on time?

A built in metronome (visual, not audible) wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Just some thoughts.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Thanks for the clarification, but when I actually Googled it, that's all I could find related to it. One of the problems I am finding when I do search lyrics of songs, ie lyrics.com, is generally I can't fit the entire song on the screen at once, (when zoomed in at a level I can read)
    If I had 5 slides for a given song, for example....3 verse, 2 chorus.... would their be a way to implement automatic page turning based on time?
    At the moment i added buttons to scroll to the next element (verse, chorus, etc) by a given verseorder, which ist stored in the songfile.
    automatic scrolling shouldn't be to hard to add.

Do you have any recommendations on lyric editors, so I can make my own pages, that would be compatible with your app?
    exposong and openlp.org can import, edit and export openlyrics. But both don't support chords at the moment.

opensong seems to have a chord editor, but i didn't tested it, yet. But there's a python converter from opensong2openlyrics.

Just some thoughts.
    Any Ideas, how this should look?
    I'll send you a PM with my testing-feed...

Just some thoughts.
    How about a micro USB cabled foot pedal?

I'm thinking a head's up display helmet like "I am Ironman]" Tony Stark developed would be pretty cool and serve the purpose quite nicely. Of course, wearing a gold and hotrod-red helmet might be a little distracting if you were performing Christian Worship Music...perhaps it would work better for heavy metal...Iron Maiden comes to mind...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

sledge007 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast