Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Anyone else having a terrible time trying to get some of these really large apps like Audubon Birds and Asphalt 6 to install?

I keep trying multiple times and the installs always fail.

I'm running 3.0.2 no patches, not overclocked. Is there something i'm missing here? Starting to get quite frustarating since i did pay for them.
    I had problems downloading both. The install time is the real killer and it seems like trying to use the touchpad during 20+ minute installations only makes matters worse. What worked best for me: start download just before bed and leave it to install while charging. I woke up two mornings in a row with hasslefree installations of huge apps.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I had no problem with Audubon Birds a few weeks ago, but have been trying Audubon Trees since Saturday 8/27 with no luck - download appears to finish and install fails every time. I've tried every scenario possible - Device Restart before kicking off download/install, leaving it untouched and set aside for hours, the list of things I've tried is pretty long. I've used the Report a Problem button numerous times but there's no evidence that goes to anyone (or if it does they are very busy!)

I'm waiting for word back from the developer on whether they can validate the package at Palm's server is still OK, since I know I'm not the only one with the problem. There's a thread I posted to here as well as one I started over at the Palm support forums.

Someday I will breakdown and call HP/Palm about it, since I can't find an email contact to use and I hate talking to people

Good luck with your download! Clarice
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    i've tried starting the download and walking away for a couple hours only to come back with an install failed message... but maybe i will try again. thanks.
    Asphalt 6 took 10 minutes to download and 30 minutes to install on my 32gb TP. Never had a failed install but haven't done that many.