Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1.    #1  
    EDIT: Music Player (Remix) is now available in the TouchPad app catalog!

I've been working on converting Music Player (Remix) to a full-screen TouchPad app taking full advantage of the extra screen real estate. It's currently in private beta testing (http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...n-2-1-5-a.html) and is very close to release (sometime this week). I wanted to create a video to demo some of the changes I made when moving to the "big screen".

So here are 2 demo videos to get a taste of the experience on the TouchPad:

For those not familiar with the app, the videos above only scratch the surface of all the features and customizations found in the app. To learn more about the app, you can check out some of my other videos I've posted here: HedamiSoft's Channel - YouTube

If you want to keep track of its progress and when it's released on the TouchPad, you can come by the Music Player (Remix) discussion thread or follow me on Twitter (@Hedami).
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/19/2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Music Player Remix is my go to Music App on my Original Palm Pre-

I have been waiting for a release for the Touchpad and would be happy to be a tester!

Tasselhof
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasselhof View Post
    Music Player Remix is my go to Music App on my Original Palm Pre-

I have been waiting for a release for the Touchpad and would be happy to be a tester!

Tasselhof
    Thanks for offering to test, but testing is going to wrap up soon. I already have a bunch of testers putting it through its paces.

The app will be released soon in the catalog, so look out for it.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Looks really good! Can you please include solid color backgrounds as an option in the aesthetics options? I thought this was included on the 1.45 app for a while but now I can't find it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    Looks really good! Can you please include solid color backgrounds as an option in the aesthetics options? I thought this was included on the 1.45 app for a while but now I can't find it.
    The old (2009 original) homebrew version had this; however it's been removed since version 2.0 was released for webOS 2.x devices. You can create your own solid color wallpaper (or download one) and use that.

Also, by popular demand, you can set a separate wallpaper for the mini-player (notification area).

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I am beta testing the new Remix on both my TouchPad and Pre+ and it lives up to all of my expectations. It is extremely quick on the TouchPad and truly is the Music Player that should have been released on the TouchPad.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thanks for the sneak peek! Been anticipating it's release for the TPad. It, too, is my go-to music player on my 'classic' Pre and my Pre Plus.

Any updates coming to GeoStrings and other apps for the touchpad as well?

Keep up the great work.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cujoq37 View Post
    Thanks for the sneak peek! Been anticipating it's release for the TPad. It, too, is my go-to music player on my 'classic' Pre and my Pre Plus.

Any updates coming to GeoStrings and other apps for the touchpad as well?

Keep up the great work.
    GeoStrings doesn't make much sense on the TouchPad since most models don't even have a GPS chip. And even if they did, it probably wouldn't make sense since it's all about getting notified wherever you are, and most people won't take their TouchPads everywhere with them. It makes more sense on a phone with GPS.

Quick Post is already available on the TouchPad. I probably won't bother converting it to full-screen since most of the day-to-day operation is done through Just Type.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Watched the videos and I'm soooo looking forward to this being released. Music is one of my primary uses each day and the stock player leaves a lot to be desired.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    looks great!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Very excited to hear Music Player (remix) is coming to the TouchPad, it's by far the best music player for webOS. Can't wait for it to pop up on the App Catalog.
    Looks so much better than the default music player. One suggestion though that I didn't see in the video (though I did skim a little bit and didn't watch the second one), maybe you can add customizable themes to the player. I like the default background, but it'd be nice to change it if I wanted to. Maybe include a few preset ones and add the option of adding your own. Give options such as Transparency and Font Size/Colors. If it's too difficult then don't bother, but I thought it would just add to how great of a UI it already has.
  13.    #13  
    The current beta build is close to being production ready. I just need to test a few things myself on an actual TouchPad (UPS scheduled to deliver it Thursday!), so I expect to submit it either Thursday night or Friday. Then I'll have to beg/plead/grovel/bribe the HP folks to push my release through quickly.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about the TouchPad version that's not obvious from the videos, let me know.

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Looks so much better than the default music player. One suggestion though that I didn't see in the video (though I did skim a little bit and didn't watch the second one), maybe you can add customizable themes to the player. I like the default background, but it'd be nice to change it if I wanted to. Maybe include a few preset ones and add the option of adding your own. Give options such as Transparency and Font Size/Colors. If it's too difficult then don't bother, but I thought it would just add to how great of a UI it already has.
    Music Player (Remix) allows you to customize the wallpaper in the app and also on the mini-player (notification area controls). Not only that, you can also choose to use the device's wallpaper. Or you can choose the "randomize wallpaper" feature (found in the app menu on every screen) to choose a random one. And if you look carefully, you can solve one of the 4 easter eggs and find a special wallpaper hidden in the app.

Transparency and Font Size/Color are not customizable, except on the Lyrics/Karaoke screen where you can pinch/zoom to change the font. Those are things I've thought about (especially transparency)...I just haven't had a chance to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Music Player (Remix) allows you to customize the wallpaper in the app and also on the mini-player (notification area controls). Not only that, you can also choose to use the device's wallpaper. Or you can choose the "randomize wallpaper" feature (found in the app menu on every screen) to choose a random one. And if you look carefully, you can solve one of the 4 easter eggs and find a special wallpaper hidden in the app.

Transparency and Font Size/Color are not customizable, except on the Lyrics/Karaoke screen where you can pinch/zoom to change the font. Those are things I've thought about (especially transparency)...I just haven't had a chance to implement it.
    Great! Seems like you're covering all the bases. Is there any way to quickly scroll through your music? Maybe a side-bar where you can scroll by the first letter of the song/album/artist/etc?
    Looks really good Dan!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Any chance of built-in podcast support? Subscription, streaming, downloading, etc?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    Great! Seems like you're covering all the bases. Is there any way to quickly scroll through your music? Maybe a side-bar where you can scroll by the first letter of the song/album/artist/etc?
    You need to watch the videos again! That's already in there!

19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    Any chance of built-in podcast support? Subscription, streaming, downloading, etc?
    No not likely. At least on phones, webOS has native podcast solutions that works well for people (ex. drPodder). I'm not sure if the TouchPad has any (since I don't use podcasts regularly), but I'm guessing there must be.

However Music Player (Remix) has a lot of functionality that makes it a great podcast player (for pre-downloaded material). You can save manual bookmarks in tracks and skip to them using the next/previous buttons (or access them on the Bookmarks screen). Also an auto-bookmark is saved when you exit the app. Also every playlist and flylist saves an auto-bookmark to keep track where you last left off in that list. And of course you have the fine-tuned music controls on the Now Playing screen (by tapping-and-holding the album art which is useful for re-listening to portions of a podcast or other spoken-word audio file).

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Can't wait! Will there be a need for an indexing patch like the webOS 2.1 version?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast