Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree17Likes
    I mentioned earlier that I had some trouble downloading album art on some of my albums and the album art shows up when you are in album view or playing a song, but not under the list view for albums, or artist > album. Well, I can't really test it now, but I found that one of those albums was named "EP/DVD Split" (by Hellogoodbye) and, the "/" in it's name may have something to do with this issue. Don't have the time to test it now, but I'll look into it more tomorrow.
    thinking with the bookmark capability, may as well add an audio book category on the right...love the app
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    I mentioned earlier that I had some trouble downloading album art on some of my albums and the album art shows up when you are in album view or playing a song, but not under the list view for albums, or artist > album. Well, I can't really test it now, but I found that one of those albums was named "EP/DVD Split" (by Hellogoodbye) and, the "/" in it's name may have something to do with this issue. Don't have the time to test it now, but I'll look into it more tomorrow.
    Let me know what you find.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottLive5 View Post
    thinking with the bookmark capability, may as well add an audio book category on the right...love the app
    Audio book category on the right of what?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

YAAY!!!...cant wait to get home to get my music remix downloading on, always seem to leave my Touchpad home when good stuff comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Let me know if that works. I don't have a Touchstone to test it with.
    Force screen on worked perfectly with the Touchstone. Excellent feature that I've been wanting since I first got my Touchpad, thanks.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevr1990 View Post
    Force screen on worked perfectly with the Touchstone. Excellent feature that I've been wanting since I first got my Touchpad, thanks.
    Very good...thanks for the update.

Let me know what you find.
    The "/" wasn't it, I found another album, "On Your Side" by A Rocket to the Moon that it didn't work with. I assume it's something wrong with the actual files.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    The "/" wasn't it, I found another album, "On Your Side" by A Rocket to the Moon that it didn't work with. I assume it's something wrong with the actual files.
    Ok thanks.

I got it...I won't be able to look at it until tomorrow evening at the earliest.
    I was actually able to have the last.fm team change my username...despite what is said in the FAQ , I am now working on my account, so I no longer need the fix personally, but maybe something you can consider in future updates for other users
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandlore View Post
    I was actually able to have the last.fm team change my username...despite what is said in the FAQ , I am now working on my account, so I no longer need the fix personally, but maybe something you can consider in future updates for other users
    Did you see my message? Your account (with a space) worked fine. The only problem I had was if I capitalized your first name. Then the login failed. But when I typed it in with all lowercase, it logged in and I was able to scrobble.

12.    #112  
    Version 2.5.2 has just been submitted with a bunch of great enhancements and fixes: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post3175726

This is the best music player I've ever used! I've tried loads... Well done! I would seriously consider buying a touchpad simply for this app... I'm in the process of moving as much music as I can squeeze on as possible... but even the 32 Gb isn't enough...

Two enhancements would make this experience complete...
    1) Ability to play the music that you have on BOX.net or ability to log into a wireless hard disk for your media.
    2) Ability to permanently delete songs. Perhaps with a double fingered swipe when your removing tunes from the list.

Keep the good work up...

Cheers,

Neill
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrneillhunter View Post
    This is the best music player I've ever used! I've tried loads... Well done! I would seriously consider buying a touchpad simply for this app... I'm in the process of moving as much music as I can squeeze on as possible... but even the 32 Gb isn't enough...

Two enhancements would make this experience complete...
    1) Ability to play the music that you have on BOX.net or ability to log into a wireless hard disk for your media.
    2) Ability to permanently delete songs. Perhaps with a double fingered swipe when your removing tunes from the list.

Keep the good work up...

Cheers,

Neill
    1) I've considered something like this but don't know whether I'll do it or if so which solution I'd use.

2) I worked on this awhile ago. Deleting the songs is easy, but what complicates things is the fact that the webOS media indexer can be very slow to update sometimes. So if someone deletes a file, the media indexer may still show the file which would confuse people and make them believe my app was faulty.

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions about the app. If you have any other ideas, you can come by the official discussion thread: http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?t=276827

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    FYI, access to cloud stored music would cause my purchase of the app, frankly don't want to be putting songs on the touchpad then managing that storage and cloud storage. I would like, however, for there to be a choice to stream or to download, individually per song.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    FYI, access to cloud stored music would cause my purchase of the app, frankly don't want to be putting songs on the touchpad then managing that storage and cloud storage. I would like, however, for there to be a choice to stream or to download, individually per song.
    Incidentally, the box.net API only allows for file downloads. I would presume that's because it's designed for generic file storage, not just music.

I'm not aware of any cloud storage APIs that have streaming capabilities. That's one of the reasons I've been hesitant to incorporate a cloud storage feature. The problem with using a generic cloud storage service like box.net is the app would have to download each file separately which doesn't provide a great user experience. Also there would be no easy way to retrieve song information (artist, album, genre, etc.). I'd have to incorporate my own tag parsing code which is not too desirable.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Incidentally, the box.net API only allows for file downloads. I would presume that's because it's designed for generic file storage, not just music.

I'm not aware of any cloud storage APIs that have streaming capabilities. That's one of the reasons I've been hesitant to incorporate a cloud storage feature. The problem with using a generic cloud storage service like box.net is the app would have to download each file separately which doesn't provide a great user experience. Also there would be no easy way to retrieve song information (artist, album, genre, etc.). I'd have to incorporate my own tag parsing code which is not too desirable.
    I don't remember what they titled the thread, but someone managed to stream from dropbox a while back. I think it was around September and the thread died off pretty quick. Maybe talk with those devs to see what they did. I asked about box.net and they said they had an issue with the api. Being the app didn't get much interest I'm guessing they never looked into box any further.
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by cerps View Post
    I don't remember what they titled the thread, but someone managed to stream from dropbox a while back. I think it was around September and the thread died off pretty quick. Maybe talk with those devs to see what they did. I asked about box.net and they said they had an issue with the api. Being the app didn't get much interest I'm guessing they never looked into box any further.
    Yeah it looks like the Dropbox API has a way to stream media files. However I would still have the issue of not being able to easily parse the tag information (song name, artist, album, etc.). People would have to browse their music via folders which is ok I guess, but not perfect.

Plus I'm not sure how many TouchPad (Remix) users use Dropbox. I'd guess more people use Box.net since they gave away 50GB of free storage to TouchPad users. Dropbox only gives away 2GB of free storage.

So right now I don't have any firm plans to add cloud storage access to Remix. In my opinion there are too many unknowns that may not justify the amount of work it would take to implement this type of feature.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456