Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 118
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #61  
    Just bought! Nice work, but I did notice a few things:

    *Not all the Album Art downloads correctly. For a few of my albums, no matter which album art I download, I couldn't get it to show up when browsing my albums (when I click on my album it shows up?) Sorry if thats a little confusing, I'll try to post pics later.
    *Music Controls can be a little tough to get to in-app. As far as I can tell, you need to go into list view to see player controls (pause, resume, etc). It'd be nice if these could be accessed from the Album Art (default) view. - Edit: Just found out tapping the Album pauses and resumes the track :-)
    *When a song changes, I get a notification of the new song. This is great, but I noticed some weird pixels on the notification? Unsure what could cause it, there's usually visible red, green, and blue pixels (in different patterns) at the beginning of the notification.
    *Ability to change the home screen. It may just be me, but I usually like my home screen on my music apps to be the artist screen.
    *Icons can be revamped. This is an amazing application, I feel the default icon could be updated to reflect it as such. Also some of the in-app icons such as the alarm clock, could be updated.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    *Not all the Album Art downloads correctly. For a few of my albums, no matter which album art I download, I couldn't get it to show up when browsing my albums (when I click on my album it shows up?)
    It can take a few seconds for the art on the Albums screen to update, especially if it's a a big list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    *Music Controls can be a little tough to get to in-app. As far as I can tell, you need to go into list view to see player controls (pause, resume, etc). It'd be nice if these could be accessed from the Album Art (default) view. - Edit: Just found out tapping the Album pauses and resumes the track :-)
    Yes and tapping to the left and right of the album art switches tracks. I wanted the music controls to be large tap areas, instead of small buttons. You can also swipe to preview your playlist. Or you can set up swipes to switch tracks in the Preferences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    *When a song changes, I get a notification of the new song. This is great, but I noticed some weird pixels on the notification? Unsure what could cause it, there's usually visible red, green, and blue pixels (in different patterns) at the beginning of the notification.
    Yes this happens sometimes. Seems to be a webOS bug. I haven't been able to find a way to fix this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    *Ability to change the home screen. It may just be me, but I usually like my home screen on my music apps to be the artist screen.
    I'm thinking of doing something like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Link2999 View Post
    *Icons can be revamped. This is an amazing application, I feel the default icon could be updated to reflect it as such. Also some of the in-app icons such as the alarm clock, could be updated.
    I appreciate your opinion, but I actually like the icons. Anything I choose will not please everyone.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  3. #63  
    Thanks for the quick reply. For the Album Art problem though, it's just not working right for maybe 1/20 of my albums. I'll probably just try to embed the album art into the file itself and hopefully that'll work. Also, I mentioned it in a previous post, but the ability to change the transparency would be great too. And for the icon change suggestion, the only thing you really need to do to the current icon is maybe save it as a higher quality image and add a shadow (just to get rid of some of the white outline). I never really meant to change it completely
  4.    #64  
    I'm thinking about a transparency option too.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  5. #65  
    Very nice app! Anyway you could PM me the solutions to the easter eggs? I promise I won't tell
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by klyph View Post
    Very nice app! Anyway you could PM me the solutions to the easter eggs? I promise I won't tell
    I've PM'd you. But only look at it if you really give up on findng them yourself!
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  7. #67  
    any possibility of a trial version? At $4 I want to know that it is something I'll use. I don't listen to music on the TP much so the stock player is adequate but this does look great.

    If I buy it for the TP and later get a Pre2 will I have to buy that version as well?
  8. #68  
    Here is some feedback from a new user that also loves his music. I think there is a lot of good things about this app but for me there are also a few opportunities to improve this app and crush all other players. These points are from the view of a TP user/owner.

    1. First my music is not listed in proper order when I use this app versus the standard player
    2. I'm not a fan of how the mini player controls/gui contrast with the standard TP notifications, I think there should be a matching option to keep the clean look of the TP device
    3. Wallpaper sizing needs a bit of work. I would hope that the app resizes my pics to the proper size needed for the music player. I mind the paning less than using a small corner of an image. If resizing is too hard although I have seem other players handle this, a crop or center option when picking pic would be better than nothing.
    4. Size of the control options above the album art do not work well with normal use (I often mis-press), size could be changed to better match finger size even if that means a slightly smaller album art size. Actually I wish all of the control icons were larger... especially since most of the button areas could support it.
    5. An option to hide controls above the album art that you don't normally use in preferences would be ideal
    6. Unsure of the purpose of the phone icon for TP users... if not usable for TP users an option to hide or hide when loaded to TP would be good
    7. When I pick new music from home screen and move to the now playing screen if I hit back a different larger mini player box appears which shows a song that I am no longer listening too? This seems like a bug to me and I don't see the need for this mini player control window
    8. After hitting (-) button, does player have to return to home, pause and then move to now playing screen when you select music app from mini player control.
    9. Lastly, it hasn't happened often but I have experienced an odd issue... was listening to an artist changed to a fav item and hit the (-) button to hide the player. Later I hit the app button of the mini player in the notification area and the now playing does not match what is actually being played but what I was previously listening to before hitting the fav list.


    Feel free to IM me if some of my thoughts or concerns are not clear. Hopefully these comments are meet in the same spirit they are provided.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    any possibility of a trial version? At $4 I want to know that it is something I'll use. I don't listen to music on the TP much so the stock player is adequate but this does look great.

    If I buy it for the TP and later get a Pre2 will I have to buy that version as well?
    I won't be offering a trial version on the TouchPad in the immediate future, but may down the road. But in the meantime, you can watch some of the videos I've posted on my Hedamisoft YouTube channel. I have some demo videos of the TouchPad version, as well as a bunch of videos for the phone version demoing all of the features in the app.

    If you use the same Palm Profile on your Pre 2, then you won't have to re-purchase it on there.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    First my music is not listed in proper order when I use this app versus the standard player
    What do you mean by "not listed in proper order"? Which screen specifically are you referring to?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    I'm not a fan of how the mini player controls/gui contrast with the standard TP notifications, I think there should be a matching option to keep the clean look of the TP device
    The app, including the mini-player, is designed specifically to look different than other webOS apps. I realize not everyone will like it, but a lot of people do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    Wallpaper sizing needs a bit of work. I would hope that the app resizes my pics to the proper size needed for the music player. I mind the paning less than using a small corner of an image. If resizing is too hard although I have seem other players handle this, a crop or center option when picking pic would be better than nothing.
    You're correct, using wallpaper the same (or larger) size than the display will work best. I'll see if I can stretch the wallpaper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    Size of the control options above the album art do not work well with normal use (I often mis-press), size could be changed to better match finger size even if that means a slightly smaller album art size. Actually I wish all of the control icons were larger... especially since most of the button areas could support it.
    This app is designed to work both on phones and the TouchPad. So in some areas, there have to be some compromises. This is one of those areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    An option to hide controls above the album art that you don't normally use in preferences would be ideal
    Sorry I don't think this is an option most people would need.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    Unsure of the purpose of the phone icon for TP users... if not usable for TP users an option to hide or hide when loaded to TP would be good
    The "phone" icon on the Home screen forces the screen to stay on when using the app. It should work for both phones and the TouchPad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    When I pick new music from home screen and move to the now playing screen if I hit back a different larger mini player box appears which shows a song that I am no longer listening too? This seems like a bug to me and I don't see the need for this mini player control window
    If you tap the top area of any screen, mini-controls will appear. It won't appear if you hit the top area of the Now Playing screen (since you already have music. controls on that screen).

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    After hitting (-) button, does player have to return to home, pause and then move to now playing screen when you select music app from mini player control.
    It's hard to explain why, but yes it does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    Lastly, it hasn't happened often but I have experienced an odd issue... was listening to an artist changed to a fav item and hit the (-) button to hide the player. Later I hit the app button of the mini player in the notification area and the now playing does not match what is actually being played but what I was previously listening to before hitting the fav list.
    I'm not able to re-create this issue. If you're able to re-create the issue reliably, then let me know the specific steps to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    Feel free to IM me if some of my thoughts or concerns are not clear. Hopefully these comments are meet in the same spirit they are provided.
    Thanks for all the feedback.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  11. #71  
    Dan, Could you tell me if it will sort and play by folder? I listen to albums but sort them by placing each one in its own folder.

    Album Player for the PC allows me to sort by Artist then Album showing the cover of each album based on the contents of the folder.
    AlbumPlayer - Jukebox for Music Collector and Audiophile

    The stock music player simply sorts by album or artist I would like to know before I buy if it does that.
  12.    #72  
    Dan, Could you tell me if it will sort and play by folder? I listen to albums but sort them by placing each one in its own folder. <br />
    <br />
    Album Player for the PC allows me to sort by Artist then Album showing the cover of each album based on the contents of the folder.<br />
    AlbumPlayer - Jukebox for Music Collector and Audiophile<br />
    <br />
    The stock music player simply sorts by album or artist I would like to know before I buy if it does that.
    No, you can't sort by folder. Similar to the stock music app, it uses the music's tag info for sorting and organizing.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  13. #73  
    Okay, thanks for the response.
  14. Ramircat's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #74  
    i absolutely love the app!, so far the only problem ive run into is when you change songs whilst on the lockscreen, it stalls for a couple of seconds to show the next song to be played so i have to wait a while before i can press the button again.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramircat View Post
    i absolutely love the app!, so far the only problem ive run into is when you change songs whilst on the lockscreen, it stalls for a couple of seconds to show the next song to be played so i have to wait a while before i can press the button again.
    I'm glad you're liking it. Yeah unfortunately notification controls are not super-responsive on the lock screen. This is a webOS issue and you'll find the same thing with the stock music app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  16. Ramircat's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #76  
    No I don't mean the responsiveness of the buttons I mean when I press the next button, it shows me the name of the song that is about to play therefore I have ever to wait for that notification to finish before I can press next again. Sometimes I just want to scroll through songs quicker. I hope I'm making sense. Appreciate the quick response. I've turned a couple of my friends on to your app.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    What do you mean by "not listed in proper order"? Which screen specifically are you referring to?
    Fav or album - songs are not in order as designed by artist or transferred although there are on standard player... I can provide video or screenshots of you like.

    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The app, including the mini-player, is designed specifically to look different than other webOS apps. I realize not everyone will like it, but a lot of people do.
    An option would still be nice since most other apps embrace the TP standard


    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    This app is designed to work both on phones and the TouchPad. So in some areas, there have to be some compromises. This is one of those areas.
    I take it that webos does not allow options based on device or a device pick option in preferences is too difficult?


    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    If you tap the top area of any screen, mini-controls will appear. It won't appear if you hit the top area of the Now Playing screen (since you already have music. controls on that screen).
    The complaint here was that the mini control music description does not match what is playing not the appearance of the mini control... I can provide video if you like.


    Thx again for reading and consideration for updates....
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramircat View Post
    No I don't mean the responsiveness of the buttons I mean when I press the next button, it shows me the name of the song that is about to play therefore I have ever to wait for that notification to finish before I can press next again. Sometimes I just want to scroll through songs quicker. I hope I'm making sense. Appreciate the quick response. I've turned a couple of my friends on to your app.
    I see what you're saying. I'll look into it. The problem is there's no way for 3rd party apps to know if the lock screen is being displayed. But I'll try to think of something.

    In the meantime, you can use the playlist preview notification module (the one at the top) to quickly browse your playlist without switching songs. Once you find a song you like, just tap the song. Or tap the right-arrow icon to queue it up to play next.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    Fav or album - songs are not in order as designed by artist or transferred although there are on standard player... I can provide video or screenshots of you like.
    Songs are displayed in track # order (based upon the music file tags). I'm not in front of my TouchPad right now, but when I get home I'll check some albums to see how the stock music app displays them.

    EDIT: I just checked the track order in an album in Remix vs. the stock player and both are sorting them by track #. One thing Remix does is also sort by disc order. So if an album has 2 discs, it'll show the tracks in the first disc before the tracks in the second disk. So make sure you don't have anything specified in the "disc #" tag for albums that don't have multiple discs.

    The only other difference I saw between the stock music app and my app was when 2 songs in the same album had the same track #. It looked like the stock music app was sorting those by name. Mine doesn't do that. So if two tracks in the same album had track #5 listed, my app would display them together, but not necessarily in alphabetical order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    An option would still be nice since most other apps embrace the TP standard
    Remix is not like most other apps! Like I said, this is intentional.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    I take it that webos does not allow options based on device or a device pick option in preferences is too difficult?
    Yes you can, but in this case I feel it's best to keep it the way it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterslabmi View Post
    The complaint here was that the mini control music description does not match what is playing not the appearance of the mini control... I can provide video if you like.
    Yes a video showing how to recreate this issue would be great.
    Last edited by DanPLC; 09/18/2011 at 07:42 PM.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  20. #80  
    excuse me if this has already been brought up, but my last.fm account has a space in the username and ive tried the %20 between the space and a few other variations cant get it to sign in, tried with another account without the space, works fine, any way to get this working, ive had the account since 2004 and would hate to lose the functionality
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions